Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Economic solution: BoE items (Bind On Equip)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    You DONT have to have the "BEST" weapon, besides, new weapons that get the job done just fine will come and people will be fine with them.
    How do you wanna twink then? Dev maul, dark watch sword, storm sword and captains axe would all be impossible to get for the not to rich people and isn't twinking mostly for the poor that wanna do pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    For as far as I remember those ice weapons weren't even that good
    Ice weapons have no context with my posts 0.0, and the gear that a majority of Twinks use these days come from crates anyways. (Exped. Bow/Gun, Dev Bows/Mauls, Deprav.), so anytime new things are added to locks it's probable that we will see new/better weapons than the ones used by the majority.
    Last edited by Visiting; 11-28-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

How do you wanna twink then? Dev maul, dark watch sword, storm sword and captains axe would all be impossible to get for the not to rich people and isn't twinking mostly for the poor that wanna do pvp?
    I'm not a warrior so I really don't know, lol, but all of these items were available at one point in time, as will new stuff that'll do the job. If you have any skill at pvp you don't need OP stats or millions in gear.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

For as far as I remember those ice weapons weren't even that good
    At the time no they weren't but this is a year later with scaled states

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I'm not a warrior so I really don't know, lol, but all of these items were available at one point in time, as will new stuff that'll do the job. If you have any skill at pvp you don't need OP stats or millions in gear.
    ^^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Not to get off topic but...

In role-playing video games, particularly MMORPGs, twinking refers to outfitting a new character or player with items or other resources that are not normally available to new or low-level characters. A twink in this usage is a type of powergamer and munchkin. The term can also refer to the twinked character itself (e.g., "My twink has all the best gear."). In its most basic definition, a twink is a character with better gear than one could have easily acquired on one's own.

Twinking is typically done by transferring higher-end equipment from the player's (or their friend's) more-experienced characters (who often have excess gear that would be much more useful to the lower-level character). It can also be done by equipping the character with the best possible gear for their level range, and filling them with end-game enchantments.

Hence the use of the new gear that has been released, the only time the old gear is used is buy people that can't affor the new and newly gemmed items, or because for that certain lvl of thinking nothing better has been released yet...

Back to the topic of revamping cs and item worth, near everyone agrees that there is an overabundance of items in the game, making their worth next to nothing, which in turn makes it extremely difficult to make any in game gold without using plat, AL used to be a game that we could farm and make gold, not just for the in game and rl rich

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KKIDIRA For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Unless liquidation prices were raised to be comparable to actual resale value including cost of gems I couldn't support this idea.
    I think a better way to stimulate the economy would be to refresh the loot tables with better items more often and lower listing fees or do away with them altogether.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iahwahska View Post
    Unless liquidation prices were raised to be comparable to actual resale value including cost of gems I couldn't support this idea.
    I think a better way to stimulate the economy would be to refresh the loot tables with better items more often and lower listing fees or do away with them altogether.
    Your right the liquidation prices from our inventory is pathetic to say the least, along with this system should be an update of liquidation prices and a change in the cost of listing in cs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

We're not talking Bind on Pickup here, but Bind on Equip, so like was said before you can still sell the items you aquire, you can gem them and trade or cs them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Altough I disagree on twink items I agree on mythic and arcane items (maybe an exception to the one ring to rule them all )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Even more often better gear O.o poor people already can't afford anything now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I've been thinking that over, I'm not sure how a set liquidation price would be feasible for this, seeing as all items have varying differences and vast ranges in price. Maybe, a program that factors in the price you payed (if you did buy from Cs), the average price in CS, the rarity of item, the amount of said item in game, and other varying factors, and this program would decide the liquidation prices for things, instead of the set price for an item that's currently used.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Which is why the suggestions of revamping our trading market to fix these problem, if it was only myth and arcane bindable that wouldnt change the problem of the failing merch system and over load of items, so please tell why would you revamp a trading system to get the system to recovery, but only for part of the equipment? There are many people in the game with end game characters supplying their twinks and yet they all have the same problem as the rest of us, so again back to the start of this circle of addressing the problem that there are too many items and very little gold in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I agree to a certain extent ...just start the timer at a certain point in the future and every item from that point on could be coded to boe....the past is the past and shouldn't be dappled with bc we all know how that turns out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I've been thinking that over, I'm not sure how a set liquidation price would be feasible for this, seeing as all items have varying differences and vast ranges in price. Maybe, a program that factors in the price you payed (if you did buy from Cs), the average price in CS, the rarity of item, the amount of said item in game, and other varying factors, and this program would decide the liquidation prices for things, instead of the set price for an item that's currently used.

The one crucial factor Ya guys are forgetting is that no one will sell something for under liquidation price if they're feesable

Maybe lvl should be taken into account but

100 for common

500 rare

1k epic

10k legendary

500-1m mythic (minus lep and old ammys)

And although no one would do 1-3m for arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Make a cleansing recipe for items to be "cleaned" for re selling and only be bought for 5planar bars or something u HAVE to farm for ...

Sometimes people just wanna TRY an item.

I still think this idea is good tho.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    I agree to a certain extent ...just start the timer at a certain point in the future and every item from that point on could be coded to boe....the past is the past and shouldn't be dappled with bc we all know how that turns out
    The only problem with that is it leaves all of the past items in limbo and still a hindrance on the market. It's not like we are talking about an immediate revamp, things like this take time to work out, like Ral said..

"Maybe, a program that factors in the price you payed (if you did buy from Cs), the average price in CS, the rarity of item, the amount of said item in game, and other varying factors, and this program would decide the liquidation prices for things, instead of the set price for an item that's currently used."

It's another good idea to fix the problem we are having, and a program like that would update itself as to the cost of items from season to season, I like the idea of it combined with BoE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Make a cleansing recipe for items to be "cleaned" for re selling and only be bought for 5planar bars or something u HAVE to farm for ...

Great idea too Spell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post

I like that idea too - maybe something like a "cleansing essence" collect 50-100 same DR as regular essence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Sts will have to get good at stats. No longer could we sell items we find are glitched or just plain suck. I like the BoE concept too and feel it would be great for the economy and ending the scamming.