Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baddadxxx View Post
    How do I get more health?
    Use your health potions, wear strength gear for higher health pool and get gear with h/s on it to regenerate your health faster that is all the ways to do that. Health potions are the red jars on the bottom right of your screen. You can buy more from Ellie in Forest Haven.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhorse View Post
    Also, what does 'proc' mean?
    Weapons give procs like when you use a staff it will have a random chance to debuff a mob.

Quote Originally Posted by kympro View Post
    After a bit of playing, I start to see "## Remaining" with the numbers decreasing. I've been trying to figure it out to no avail. What does that mean?
    That is the number of mobs left to kill in a dungeon when it reaches zero all the mins are dead and you move on to the next dungeon.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I seem to be doing missions to craft everyday but i dont quiet understand how it goes...Whenever i return and complete the mission i get rewarded with leather, cloth etc which i then go to craft item and i can only do cloth recipe and leather recipe but i never seem to be able to do mage hats, armour etc?? Is there something im doing wrong maybe?
    Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azuless View Post
    I seem to be doing missions to craft everyday but i dont quiet understand how it goes...Whenever i return and complete the mission i get rewarded with leather, cloth etc which i then go to craft item and i can only do cloth recipe and leather recipe but i never seem to be able to do mage hats, armour etc?? Is there something im doing wrong maybe?
    Thank you!
    Hey Azuless

For crafting you need a recipe. You'll see that the ones you have done so far, the recipes have been free.... sort of like a training exercise on how to craft items which could be used for further crafting...

Hats, armour, etc also need recipes but these aren't freely available as the others. You have to play the game and hope that they drop but they are very rare. For recipes for Forest Haven levels you need to be playing maps over and over again in the hope that you will get the item you are hoping will drop. This is called farming.

The best successes for farming lvl5 and lvl15 recipes have been said to be in Meathead's Deli, but like i have said they are very rare. One senior player has recently taken a break for the game as he wasn't succesful after days/weeks of farming for these recipes..... It's all down to luck... I have heard of people getting 3 recipes in the same day.

Take a look at the link in my signature which is a list of some of the most useful guides there are on the forums. Take a look at the crafting section for some good guides/tips.

Good Luck
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have just started playing an enchantress (level 9) and I am wondering if it is possible to heal other players with my heal spell or only myself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I saw the chart that explains how much EXP you get based on threat level (see below).

I'm curious about how it works when you're in groups. I've seen that you get bonus EXP if you're in groups. How does that work? Is it the bigger the group, the better? Or do you just need one other? I'd love to get more details on this. Also, does having a higher level player in the group affect the EXP you get? Would the higher level player cause more enemies to be RED?

Grey - zero exp per kill
    Blue - 1/3 exp per kill
    White - 1/2 exp per kill
    Yellow - 1 exp per kill
    Green - Similar to grey, but only for alien oasis 3 for some odd reason
    Red - 1 exp per kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the best low level spell for a Mage to assign points to, as far as damage goes? I know I should flood points into heal and at least one in revive to start, but what damage should I focus on first?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azophet View Post
    What is the best low level spell for a Mage to assign points to, as far as damage goes? I know I should flood points into heal and at least one in revive to start, but what damage should I focus on first?
    Hard to say. I grew Firestorm and Icestorm, that allow you to make combo by themselves and keep enemies at distance while doing damage. But Lightning does the best combo in game along with birds' root and Drain Life is great against bosses, they deserve some points too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    Hard to say. I grew Firestorm and Icestorm, that allow you to make combo by themselves and keep enemies at distance while doing damage. But Lightning does the best combo in game along with birds' root and Drain Life is great against bosses, they deserve some points too.
    Heh, yeah I will look up later what spells are unnecessary to worry about in later levels. I was just curious as to what people thought I should focus more on in the lower ranks is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can someone please help me. I can't find reference on it. I was in Load out and hit an inventory slot, I was quickly disrobed/disarmed (unequipped) and now my gear says I am not strong enough to wear it. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Natalie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nesper View Post
    sorry if already been touched on...but is there a way to turn off cinematics so i don't get lagged and sometimes die

Currently I believe the only option is to lower the pixels (if that even works). I've played with some people who say if you have push notifications enabled it can cause lag for others and that having more than just PL running in the background also contributes to lag. First option is to turn off all that u can first and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ntillman View Post
    Can someone please help me. I can't find reference on it. I was in Load out and hit an inventory slot, I was quickly disrobed/disarmed (unequipped) and now my gear says I am not strong enough to wear it. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Natalie
    Ummmm...drawing a blank on load out but the most common reason you can't wear an item is because you don't have enough skill points in that category or are not a high enough level. Make sure it's the right level for you and you have enough int/dex/str stats equipped to wear it. Also, you might be able to try something on but that doesn't mean you can actually play in it yet.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Is lvl 6 resurrect free of mana cost?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    Is lvl 6 resurrect free of mana cost?
    Resurrect -
    Level 1: 25 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
    Increase rank to reduce mana cost.
    Level 2: 20 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
    Level 3: 15 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
    Level 4: 10 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
    Level 5: 5 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
    Level 6: 0 mana, 6.5 sec. cool down, 12m area

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Neat thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Farming for level 10 pinks happens in Dark Forest. However, I'm not sure the gem drop is confirmed there yet.

I do not think the forums or in game are meaner. I think new player questions are still answered pretty quickly, nicely and efficiently.

The problem is not people with questions or seeking advice. The problem is begging for items/gold/powerleveling, not listening to anyone's answers, swearing, asking for people's equips that they are wearing, trying to scam, trading without talking to a person first or getting a request for a trade first, spamming people with tells or invites, and not knowing anything about the game but joining a high level group in a high level area. These last things annoy people. Don't do them and your reception should be friendly.

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Yeah, but there are several people who have admitted to being scared of posting on the forums due to fear of being flamed. So we need to find a way to address this .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cant get back to the forest haven zombie levels??

Every time i go through the portal it takes me to bonecastle with skull creature enemies?

is this because i have a quest now to collect pieces of cloth and i get them from the skull enemies?

if so how do i undo all this so i can go back to killing zombies?

thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugosukmeoff View Post
    cant get back to the forest haven zombie levels??

Every time i go through the portal it takes me to bonecastle with skull creature enemies?

is this because i have a quest now to collect pieces of cloth and i get them from the skull enemies?

if so how do i undo all this so i can go back to killing zombies?

thanks in advance
    To go back to Forest Haven (zombie levels), Go to World Map from the lobby(after logging in) then select Host Game and choose from 1~5 (with the vines in the chapter icon.)

The portal's description says "Take you somewhere you can be useful" so I supposed it could lead elsewhere. I always thought it was supposed to lead you to the very first dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    To go back to Forest Haven (zombie levels), Go to World Map from the lobby(after logging in) then select Host Game and choose from 1~5 (with the vines in the chapter icon.)

The portal's description says "Take you somewhere you can be useful" so I supposed it could lead elsewhere. I always thought it was supposed to lead you to the very first dungeon.
    thanks,
    This put me on my own in the level i was hoping to have othrs running along. no friends but just anyone going through the area?
    not looking to join a game just do the level as i never got the orb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all good figured it out. just abandonded my quests and i went back to the zombie level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Account Registration

I use an Iphone4, and when I go to PL and it connects to the server, it gives the option of a "Registered Account" When I click on the registered account box, it as for an email and password. So I type in my email and make up a password, but it says my email is not on file. What am I doing wrong?