Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pay too win.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Precisely what he just stated and on the top of that please keep in mind that some countries are at the disadvantage when it comes to free plat offers. Ive realised that the usa is the best for this type of endeavours while i can hardly see anything worth doing in the uk.

U can make milions in this game quite quickly selling locks and exploiting events. I personally preffer to pop locks. I spend 2-4h in job, get 2xmax plat on offer and usually end up with good stuff.

Similar results can be achieved with free running, however, the time required will be in weeks and months.
    This much is true and I don't disagree with you. Much can be achieved through hardwork and time. I do have to disagree with the usa statement cause I know plenty of people who haven't reached the goals they have set out after farming and so forth. I'm from the U.S. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I didnt read any of the above posts.
    I m a non-plat user as well.. I started al during the ursoth event which was a big help to get me started and earn some money
    Its so not true that non-plat players cant achieve the best gears in al.. I have the mythics a maul and most of the mythic pets.. I earned that all within 3-4 months without using plat and with some merching.. Just gotta play the smart way.
    After all there is no fun in using plat, getting things for free and playing. U gotta work hard to achieve it

And yeah i m currently running for lb as well

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    Kinzmet,
    Apparently you rarely read the forums. I work my tail off and play hard also. I can't afford to make 10 Facebook accounts and do 10 bard daily quest. My priorities have changed I mean do have a life. Not saying you don't. I farm eggs, locks, gear, etc. The return versus what your spending doesn't cover what your putting out. And as a rich vs poor alas, you missed it again. I said the gap between the two is expansive if that is a rich vs poor then fine but, that isn't the intent. Lazy you say? You don't know anything about me first of all. If you read the post which apparently you didn't. I said that this isn't meant to offend anyone. I take back the comment about not having a life out of this game. You probably don't have any friends and then complains about not having any. You probably live in your families basements. You probably don't a bill one to pay for or kids or real responsibilities what so ever
    Regiza,
    Apparently you read forums a lot, thats why you don't have time for farming (unlike what you said working your tail-off). It seems that you can't take the arguement on how a non-plat can farm those golds for mythics and arcanes so you attack personal life which you had no idea of. Firstly I'm a female design engineer working at an electric company, the game was introduced to me by my boyfriend since we were both gamer back on college days. At age of 20 I already own a house and supporting my two other sibbling on the college fees. Now this is very far from your logic because what you do is complain here. The 10 facebook account was just an example on how to have big golds, and instead of noticing the idea I gave -you choosed to attack an immaginary life about me.

Your "lazy" ??? Yes! my words stands for itself, we both started as level 1 toon at windmoore. I complain about lag and dc because I can't farm properly but you complain about gap between rich and poor, see the difference?

I missed the poor vs rich? Your effort in farming is not equal to your gain? Nope, I was encouraging you to farm and merch harder so you can close that gap yourself. And pointing out what is wrong with your point of view.

Anyway, my effort to make you spend more fun time in game farming and merching to get your goals had different effect on what I intended. And since you can't stand behind your own words
    Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    This isn't meant to offend anyone.
    Even the other forumers who replied on this thread got a what-not reply from you. I won't post on this thread anymore nor read its content, goodluck to you and you so called priorities.
    Last edited by kinzmet; 12-28-2014 at 07:03 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Universalpro View Post
    I didnt read any of the above posts.
    I m a non-plat user as well.. I started al during the ursoth event which was a big help to get me started and earn some money
    Its so not true that non-plat players cant achieve the best gears in al.. I have the mythics a maul and most of the mythic pets.. I earned that all within 3-4 months without using plat and with some merching.. Just gotta play the smart way.
    After all there is no fun in using plat, getting things for free and playing. U gotta work hard to achieve it

And yeah i m currently running for lb as well
    Great job universal pro.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Regiza,
    Apparently you read forums a lot, thats why you don't have time for farming (unlike what you said working your tail-off). It seems that you can't take the arguement on how a non-plat can farm those golds for mythics and arcanes so you attack personal life which you had no idea of. Firstly I'm a female design engineer working at an electric company, the game was introduced to me by my boyfriend since we were both gamer back on college days. At age of 20 I already own a house and supporting my two other sibbling on the college fees. Now this is very far from your logic because what you do is complain here. The 10 facebook account was just an example on how to have big golds, and instead of noticing the idea I gave -you choosed to attack an immaginary life about me.

Your "lazy" ??? Yes! my words stands for itself, we both started as level 1 toon at windmoore. I complain about lag and dc because I can't farm properly but you complain about gap between rich and poor, see the difference?

I missed the poor vs rich? Your effort in farming is not equal to your gain? Nope, I was encouraging you to farm and merch harder so you can close that gap yourself. And pointing out what is wrong with your point of view.

Anyway, my effort to make you spend more fun time in game farming and merching to get your goals had different effect on what I intended. And since you can't stand behind your own words Even the other forumers who replied on this thread got a what-not reply from you. I won't post on this thread anymore nor read its content, goodluck to you and you so called priorities.
    Lazy don't grind get until it gets mythic gear. I've never ran or hid behind anything I've stated. Lazy wouldn't be able to get help from friends to help lazy complete end game content for the simple fact he's lazy. Lazy helps other guildies achieve goals cause lazy has been in that situation where lazy has needed help before so therefore lazy understands. Lazy has went to college as well and has a bachelor's degree in English and paired it with foreign language also and is currently working towards another degree in international business and business law. So therefore lazy commends you and your hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Some people have different priorities, there are all sorts of guys/gals in this game. I try and give a percentage of my gold away every week. I wouldn't be considered rich by a long shot but I do spend money on plat and if things go well, I like to do things for people. Gave somebody gold for spendalot hat last week I think. What I try and do with players that are new or are having a tough time getting a lepre or mythic armor is I make a deal that if they give me X amount of locked crates, I'll buy them their helm/pendant/whatever it is if I can afford it. It's gratifying to all involved and I don't become a complete pushover in the process. It works a little better imo rather than seeing a gold number that seems unattainable. Something like get me 50 locked crates and I'll buy you a mythic helm or whatever the number is. I feel like I give some by covering the value difference and they accomplish something by being on a farming grind. The sound of 50 locks seems easier on the ears than 650K for a helm. That's how I try and do my helping people. I think people would also be a lot more willing to help if clear effort is shown by the people asking for help too. I know I am. Just a little about me. :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Does anyone have anymore info about this?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to regizakirs.rs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I believe that the comment of Remi say all!

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I am not sure about u guys, but I kind of like the gap between rich and poor and i think it should be sustained. Balancing this game and letting everyone having the best EQ in this game makes things tedious. If i dont see anyone stronger than myself then whats the point of playing? I probably would not mind everyone being weaker, but since i do not play that much it makes no difference. I happen to desire better things than someone who does not support this game financially. At the moment your poorly conducted choices made almost everyone equipped with elo gun, bow, bulwark, and their frost peers. Arcane weapons have become useless and Samales are chilling on every corner with signes, glacials and HJs selling for scraps.

Perhaps, make more plat offers lasting forever, top it up with more 2x chances for mythic, and reintroduce the same supposedly exclusive weapons for any given event again, and again ,and again, and adversely impact upon your player-base.

This has always been Pay to Win game, now it has slowly become Pay and if your extremely lucky, you may be stronger than random Joe, for a week or less.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 12-28-2014 at 03:12 PM.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hi evereyone,

As Remiem stated (see below), there are plans to help balance the gear in game. I'm closing this thread now as it has devolved into insults and non-construtive discussion. Please be respectful when posting. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey there. Hopefully I can help out here a little. As we plan out our content for next year, I think you guys will see a lot better balance coming to the gear in the game. The reign of the current mythics is coming to an end and we are focusing on making sure that new gear that we release is obtainable for both our paying and non-paying players. Yes, platinum often makes things easier, but I think that gradually you'll start to see that gap between rich and poor shrink, making Arlor a much more balanced place. We'll be releasing our Q1 roadmap/producer's letter in a couple of weeks that will give a little more detail on what you'll see in AL going in to next year.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post: