Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pay too win.

Overweightank

I paid nothing and im rich, not a scammer, begger, or plat farmer, its called Motivation and Hard Work.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    I paid nothing and im rich, not a scammer, begger, or plat farmer, its called Motivation and Hard Work.
    Thats good tank! I work my butt off also. Just not seeing the results yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Just join us at elite runners. We emphasize on skill and strategy rather than gears. I sometimes run with legendary gear and not one even notices.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    I never said that anyone owes me help let's clear that up. I've dealt with the pm issue myself. But you can't be one way in game and then come and post about your helping people and you know aren't doing that. No saying that you have done this personally.
    Lol only posted it cause while working I stand in town and have a ton of pms when I return. Most don't get answered.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Lol only posted it cause while working I stand in town and have a ton of pms when I return. Most don't get answered.
    Lol and I'm willing to bet that most of them are asking you for eggs or gold, pets, etc lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

reg you are right i have opened 5-7 locks up to date thanks to free offers and got trash (well i think it is trash)
    however you are right about the cost effectiveness and often though the planar chests are running 600k each you only get 1/6 of the profit due to the losses. (100k profit) and considering the terrible drop rate you are right sometimes it just isnt worth running elites.

What elites are you running that people wont run with you. Pugs ran with me in tarewa,wilds,and planar when I had legendary gear and now that i have full mythics (except gun) people will still run with me.

also i am interested to know what you are looking to buy....

furthemore insulting people isnt getting you anywhere just making people hate you more and want to help you less...
    Also here is a question?
    If you only play this game for friends, why do you bother about gold or stats?
    Also who are you asking for help?

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    reg you are right i have opened 5-7 locks up to date thanks to free offers and got trash (well i think it is trash)
    however you are right about the cost effectiveness and often though the planar chests are running 600k each you only get 1/6 of the profit due to the losses. (100k profit) and considering the terrible drop rate you are right sometimes it just isnt worth running elites.

What elites are you running that people wont run with you. Pugs ran with me in tarewa,wilds,and planar when I had legendary gear and now that i have full mythics (except gun) people will still run with me.

also i am interested to know what you are looking to buy....

furthemore insulting people isnt getting you anywhere just making people hate you more and want to help you less...
    Also here is a question?
    If you only play this game for friends, why do you bother about gold or stats?
    Also who are you asking for help?
    I run elite anything it doesn't matter to me. And as far as insulting people goes I don't shoot back unless I'm fired at. I'm looking to get a elon bow and mythic or arcane gear. The arcane ring is way outta league. And as far as the guild goes it's pretty much new. So we have to take the ones who don't know the maps very well and teach them which I don't mind doing but, sometimes it's akin to farming death and the loot is trash for the most part. I know that most people aren't going to like this post but, I felt a need to say something for myself. I'm pretty sure there are other people who feel like me but, won't say anything or they post in a way where it's better received.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

so reg it appears your guild is taking up all your time which is limiting your progress.
    With guilds, especially new ones it is hard not to help out the new players so what i suggest you do is set a reasonable goal based on your time. Perhaps 5 event locks a day or one loot drop or 3 elite runs a day. After you have completed that goal then you should help your guild.

If i am not mistaken you have full legendary meaning you need the mythic armor (about 1.6m for full set +essence upgrade part), blood ruby (700k clean), fang (130k), elo bow (14m im guessing full grand gemmed), and singe/sam (9m for singe, 18m for sam)

So lets look at the picture before the pets and weapon. Cost: 2.43m (about)
    The elo bow and sam. Cost: 32m (about)
    Noe the first part is about medium difficulty and could be farmed by soloing certain maps and maybe after 1-3 months you'll have the money you need.
    Now if you have that gear, many players will run any map with you. That 32m is still really hard to achieve but by upgrading your stats through an easier method, you can slowly work over to that part.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    so reg it appears your guild is taking up all your time which is limiting your progress.
    With guilds, especially new ones it is hard not to help out the new players so what i suggest you do is set a reasonable goal based on your time. Perhaps 5 event locks a day or one loot drop or 3 elite runs a day. After you have completed that goal then you should help your guild.

If i am not mistaken you have full legendary meaning you need the mythic armor (about 1.6m for full set +essence upgrade part), blood ruby (700k clean), fang (130k), elo bow (14m im guessing full grand gemmed), and singe/sam (9m for singe, 18m for sam)

So lets look at the picture before the pets and weapon. Cost: 2.43m (about)
    The elo bow and sam. Cost: 32m (about)
    Noe the first part is about medium difficulty and could be farmed by soloing certain maps and maybe after 1-3 months you'll have the money you need.
    Now if you have that gear, many players will run any map with you. That 32m is still really hard to achieve but by upgrading your stats through an easier method, you can slowly work over to that part.
    Nice plan I'll give a shot and what happens. I like the whole break down. And I looked at a elon bow but it was a perfect bow which was 15 million so I'm going to have to get one clean or gemmed already. As far as Sam goes that's a different story. It will take some time to get that pet until I can get same what is a better alternative? And working with the guild is time consuming but, I don't really mind that much. I will keep you informed of how your plan is working and thanks alot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

A couple things you should be warned about during events is almost nobody will help you during event time.
    This is pretty essential to know because most people during events start farming maps such as wt4 and km3 etc. for locks and essences to compete in the event with.

This makes completing the goal i have previously mentioned about 10 times harder so you should be careful of this during event time and dont quit.

A quick word of advice during events though (imo) is, elites > event.
    If you monitored the prices for the past couple weeks before event and compare them to now, most prices have risen by 20k while ankhs are losing value. Something to look at especially if you want to merch.
    (this is partially theory and results are based on this event only)

also you might want to pm these top players via forum pm. Most of them will then probably answer when they arent in guild wars, or in elites fighting a boss.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

True I've checked out the prices on ankhs they roughly 74k and they are around 54k give or take. And it is event time so getting people to help is pretty hard I have to agree with you on that. But I'm thankful for the advice you've given me.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Hey there. Hopefully I can help out here a little. As we plan out our content for next year, I think you guys will see a lot better balance coming to the gear in the game. The reign of the current mythics is coming to an end and we are focusing on making sure that new gear that we release is obtainable for both our paying and non-paying players. Yes, platinum often makes things easier, but I think that gradually you'll start to see that gap between rich and poor shrink, making Arlor a much more balanced place. We'll be releasing our Q1 roadmap/producer's letter in a couple of weeks that will give a little more detail on what you'll see in AL going in to next year.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey there. Hopefully I can help out here a little. As we plan out our content for next year, I think you guys will see a lot better balance coming to the gear in the game. The reign of the current mythics is coming to an end and we are focusing on making sure that new gear that we release is obtainable for both our paying and non-paying players. Yes, platinum often makes things easier, but I think that gradually you'll start to see that gap between rich and poor shrink, making Arlor a much more balanced place. We'll be releasing our Q1 roadmap/producer's letter in a couple of weeks that will give a little more detail on what you'll see in AL going in to next year.
    Im bit scared about this.. i havent good gear again but i would, im working hard to get it if with next patches will be too easy have a good gear the game will be more boring imho. Hope u will find the best way.
    PS: by the way noobs still noobs also with good gear, i hate ppl cry for all and want all easy without do nothing.
    Peace and love.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

i would love to see what remi said above. yes platinums should make things easier but shouldnt be the only option. i would love to see more things like planar tombs and arena. i remember the nordr expansion when there was so much farming and elite bael and krunch was a good option too. i think it would be fine if free players grind game and get good things and plat players gets it a little easily. and all those who say that non plat players should not get good gears , its unfair to those who spend platinums... well i 'd say free players are equally important as paying players as its coz of those free players only the paying players buys platinums coz then who will buy all your ankhs and luck kits?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Nowadays if anyone asks me to help them in Planar, I look at their stats and also ask if they have ankhs. This is not snobbish it is due to the devs focusing the game towards ankhs. I simply cannot carry people thru planar who have no ankhs or specs not capable of handling abundance of mobs.

I totally agree with Energizerics 3rd point in his post.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 12-27-2014 at 05:40 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

This isn't meant to offend anyone. So try not to look at like that. Let's face it AL has become a pay to win game. If you don't have the mythic and arcane gear no one will run with you when it comes to end game content. The gap between rich and poor is so expansive that it's ridiculous not mention that it's not fun too play anymore. I had to beg I mean literally beg people that have the tip top gear in the game to get help. All my gear is legendary but, after having to beg people that have the best gear in the game I just simply said it's not worth it. The top players are so snobbish that if you speak to them they are so high on horse that they don't even speak back. Kind of reminds me in real life that if you don't have a certain status or income bracket then they don't want anything to do with you. And this is a game and I read where people say they help people all the time and I've asked some of you gamers who post these comments and no answer so it's just all lies. I may just leave the AL community and play something different.
    1. I've got a friend in a real world playing AL who is a pro. He's got Bulwark (he payed 15m for it but he was robbed for 10m while destroying Bulwark's stats) with Para and Grand Blood gems, perfect mythic set (including jewellery), mythic and the best legendary pets. But's not the end: he's got two bonus characters: 41lvl mage and 5lvl rogue. The mage is exactly equipmented like a warrior and the rogue has Dova, the most expensive legendary set and a Para Gem. This event he's got Platinum Tier on a war and a mage. What's the point? He didn't spend a cent for platinum. Everything is the effect of his hard work. Possible? Possible.

2. We are snobbish? Well, maybe I'm not such pro as my friend, because I don't have new mythic weapon, but I have mythic armor, a few mythic pets, quite a lot legendary pets, Para Gem...I also have a 3lvl twink with Dova and the best legendary gear for this lvl(everything bought without 1 platinum) Herds of beggers also beg me for cash, for unlocking the maps, for giving gear. Don't you think it's simply annoying? When you only step a foot in a city you've got 5 friend requests and messages like 'Give me 5k pls' or 'Help me with a map'. Don't you think we don't have time to help every noob begger in a city? We have our own lives, families, friends. Even if we just don't want to help you, because we want to go make a poo it's still not your business! Maybe we're in pt with our friends, go to city only to buy a kit? Maybe we've been playing whole day and we're done? Maybe we've gtg to work or school? Maybe we're engaged with someone and going out to meet him? You're cheeky to talk like this. It's only our good will to help you.
    Last edited by Azageeber; 12-27-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

top gear, items and pets its for the best players or for the lucky ones, since im not neither i will never be a top stats player so i have to play with what i have. since i have the 3 chars 41 i decided to buy an item that could fit all, so i went for mythic ring with para, and only because of that i have better stats in all 3 chars that most of the hundreds of players i found running event in random parties.

then i decided to buy pets and items that i hope they will sell for more in a few months (new players usually dont think in time, they want everything as soon as they start)

and i can have fun this way, why cant the others too? cause they are not top players? (just think this event is too long and a bit boring cause of that)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts

This isn't meant to offend anyone. So try not to look at like that. Let's face it AL has become a pay to win game. If you don't have the mythic and arcane gear no one will run with you when it comes to end game content. The gap between rich and poor is so expansive that it's ridiculous not mention that it's not fun too play anymore. I had to beg I mean literally beg people that have the tip top gear in the game to get help. All my gear is legendary but, after having to beg people that have the best gear in the game I just simply said it's not worth it. The top players are so snobbish that if you speak to them they are so high on horse that they don't even speak back. Kind of reminds me in real life that if you don't have a certain status or income bracket then they don't want anything to do with you. And this is a game and I read where people say they help people all the time and I've asked some of you gamers who post these comments and no answer so it's just all lies. I may just leave the AL community and play something different.
    false, I believe that it was after, now the game let farm energy, give us ankhs, many things. Is more you no need open locked because in the chest elite there posibility of drop items mythics and arcanes and I dropped a fang in a chest the last week.

Also the game give many options for farm gold, hauntle, elite, events, etc...

I in this winter event won 2.8m + hallowen 1.8m + urshot assault 3.5m = 8.1m
    Last edited by Hercules; 12-27-2014 at 08:38 AM.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    Nowadays if anyone asks me to help them in Planar, I look at their stats and also ask if they have ankhs. This is not snobbish it is due to the devs focusing the game towards ankhs. I simply cannot carry people thru planar who have no ankhs or specs not capable of handling abundance of mobs.

I totally agree with Energizerics 3rd point in his post.
    Lol I honestly forgot this post until I got the notification that someone else had posted. I can read your post and respect you for them cause you give explanations of what you are explaining.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Precisely what he just stated and on the top of that please keep in mind that some countries are at the disadvantage when it comes to free plat offers. Ive realised that the usa is the best for this type of endeavours while i can hardly see anything worth doing in the uk.

U can make milions in this game quite quickly selling locks and exploiting events. I personally preffer to pop locks. I spend 2-4h in job, get 2xmax plat on offer and usually end up with good stuff.

Similar results can be achieved with free running, however, the time required will be in weeks and months.