Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do mages and tanks really need buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Do mages and tanks really need buff?

I really don't see why mages and tanks are complaining and wanting buff, I am a rouge that has mythic set and legendary bow and it is extremely (impossible) to kill a mage/tank with mythic weapon. There are more people who use a legendary bow and mythic set like me in AL, and buffing MAGES and tanks, or even debuffing rouges is going to mess up pvp big time. Does anyone else agree with me here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

uhh. Tanks idk
    and mage..feel like we need stun immunity in our arcane shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Tanks need changes, not buffs, Imo, to make them more useful in PVE aspects of the game. At the current moment, a pt of 4 rogues or 3 rogues 1 mage, is considerably faster than dragging a tank along. As for Mages, personally, they do need a few changes possibly to make them more balanced in pvp, but, they are in no way as "underpowered" as people make them seem ( AT ENDGAME PVP).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I think mages are fine, I can never kill mythic mages, so buffing them would make it unfair for rouges like me, I guess tanks should have some sort of change in pve, but in pvp fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

This is my current gear:
    Mythic armor 2 normal fire gems and one tarlok wind
    Mythic helm, same gems
    Expedition bow of potency 2 tarlok wind gems
    Eerie amulet of potency 1 normal fire gem and one tarlok wind
    Haunted ring of will 2 normal fire gems
    PET: dovabear/blinky

Normally i have enough survivability, especially with packs, to Wait until a mages shield is gone and then its basically GG, just throw a aimed and a nox and if he isnt dead thats not a smurf, thats some sort of monster...

And as for warriors you really just have to take a distance and run away, since warriors Only have close combat, and the Only thing thats long ranged is basically only useful to drag you in to them, and does Only symbolical damage.

And, in clashes you just stay out of the heat and try to move as far from the opposing teams rogues and mages as possible.
    All while firing all your power towards a target you have chosen on beforehand.

Thats all from jinas pvp-school for today, im out! ^^
    (PS dont trust me i have a negative KDR Cuz i was a noob in 31 cap and 36 cap)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Mages' fireball is so annyoing in pvp. Anyway mages' shield are very op so its good. Maybe mages need a bit more armor as without shield a equal gear mage is so easily killable. They really need some armor buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah I agree mages sheild op, so I don't see why they need buff tbh, and jina our gear is almost identical haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I just read the thread shinytoy, now I do see the point in a buff for mages, but shouldn't sts fix this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproves View Post
    I really don't see why mages and tanks are complaining and wanting buff, I am a rouge that has mythic set and legendary bow and it is extremely (impossible) to kill a mage/tank with mythic weapon. There are more people who use a legendary bow and mythic set like me in AL, and buffing MAGES and tanks, or even debuffing rouges is going to mess up pvp big time. Does anyone else agree with me here?

Thats the problem you are legendary geared and probebly not the best skilled in pvp.
    Tanks dont need buf but skil changed like ralchior sed above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Mages' fireball is so annyoing in pvp. Anyway mages' shield are very op so its good. Maybe mages need a bit more armor as without shield a equal gear mage is so easily killable. They really need some armor buff.
    Firebals stun in pvp dont works that great against tanks not even 1 sec that they are stunned.
    Rouges have stun imunity wich makes them able to kil a mage befor he can stun the rouges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Never I have myth set and I have positive kdr.. And a lot of experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Well.. Positive kdr in CTF XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

ermm if u say mages are op pls go create a endgame mage afford the same gear as ur rouge (myth arcane legendary whatever)pvp for 15days with it and then tell us whether mages need buff or no

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    You should read this aimed shot bug found by Ravagerx

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-instead-of-15
    You sir should maybe read the replies and the explanation. It is not a bug. It is how the buff/debuff system works in the game. Warrior has armour percentage passive. It is being negated after which a 15% armour debuff is being applied. It is the same mechanics with arcane maul, all pets with armour debuff in passive/aa, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Mages need help in pvp and tanks need help in pve.

Kalizza posted some great ideas on tanks for pve which would seriously help them get back in the game in another post here. This would open up end game pve soo much for tanks and would seriously help the problem with end game tanks getting bored and leaving game or changing class...

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The source of the issue is why Tanks aren't really welcomed in party. It all comes down to the fact that Warriors don't save much in the way of ankh (which is the real currency for elite, since pots are just the cost of doing business) because many mobs and bosses one-hit, tank or no tank, yet their presence slow down runs tremendously.

The solution in my mind is to have Warriors deal massive debuffs on armor, hit %, damage, etc. AND strong party buffs. If a Warrior can debuff mobs and bosses enough that there is no appreciable difference in overall run times, AND their presence can save you some pots/ankh, then the entire dynamic of tanking changes. If I can save some pots and ankh but still farm at the same rate, then my preference would be to have a tank. But, when I'm paying 30-40k or 12 plat for DMG, DMG Reduction and Reroll kits every 30 minutes, the Warrior penalty means I get in one or two fewer runs than with a full DPS party, so the cost per run increases by as much as 40%!

Here is an idea on skill upgrades:
    VB: Extend buff to entire party
    RC: Double the buff time
    WM: Extend attack range, mobs/bosses hit get a -30% armor debuff for 6 seconds (10 if charged)
    SS: 50% Damage reduction to affected mobs/boss for 6 seconds (10 if charged)
    HoR: Panic mobs in range
    AT: -30% armor debuff for 6 seconds
    CS: 100% interruption of windup on bosses! 100% stun!
    Jug: Damage taken while skill is active is also reflected back on the attacking mob/boss

Obviously, these added effects would only apply to PvE, but if these were added, why wouldn't DPS players want to run with tanks?
    And basically mages need better stuns or our skills to work (as half of them don't work in pvp), stun immunity and some sort of shield extension as right now people just wait the cpl seconds our shield is up and then bam dead. Mage damage output is not high enough to kill anyone basically before our shield goes down and we dead. There's too many good ideas to fix this that I've seen to pick just one, but they've been promising to fix this for years and years now, and the problem is acknowledged, it just keeps getting postponed again and again...
    Most end game pvp makes have just given up game or changed class as well.

Apparently other classes just don't matter enough for them to finally get either of these things addressed as the community has been addressing these problems for years.

Gg... Have fun enjoying both pve and pvp rogues of AL

The rest of the population will just sit on the sidelines and be bored
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Mage only need buff warrior need to nurf especially on lv10/ vs lv11 warrior their op on this twink lv compared to other twink lv.it so hard to kill and vs them...MAGE need buff HEAL coz warrior and rogue can SPAM heal but mage cannot.thats why warrior and rogue favorite to bully and toy poor Mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stun immunity, slightly fast health regeneration in heal and armor boost thats all mage need to balanced with other class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Firebals stun in pvp dont works that great against tanks not even 1 sec that they are stunned.
    Rouges have stun imunity wich makes them able to kil a mage befor he can stun the rouges.
    A pack of shielded mages are deadly :P
    Rogues' stun immunity comes from Razor shield which last 4 sec ish time.
    Anyway my point is, Rogue is 1-1 class. Going for 1-1 against rogue with a mage might not show the real side of mages. Mages are great in clash. Fireball, shields are very good.
    Iam not saying mages don't need buff. A stun immunity skill and a armor buff is needed...
    but the shield doesn't need a buff nor the damage. They are great already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I totally agree, no need to buff mages sheild, just a small buff on there skills, it's hard enough for me to kill mages with elo/frost gun, and sometimes impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eonziggys View Post
    Mage only need buff warrior need to nurf especially on lv10/ vs lv11 warrior their op on this twink lv compared to other twink lv.it so hard to kill and vs them...MAGE need buff HEAL coz warrior and rogue can SPAM heal but mage cannot.thats why warrior and rogue favorite to bully and toy poor Mage.
    tank dont need a buf the skils need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    A pack of shielded mages are deadly :P
    Rogues' stun immunity comes from Razor shield which last 4 sec ish time.
    Anyway my point is, Rogue is 1-1 class. Going for 1-1 against rogue with a mage might not show the real side of mages. Mages are great in clash. Fireball, shields are very good.
    Iam not saying mages don't need buff. A stun immunity skill and a armor buff is needed...
    but the shield doesn't need a buff nor the damage. They are great already.
    Ofc a rouge wil lose in an 4-5v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Disproves View Post
    I totally agree, no need to buff mages sheild, just a small buff on there skills, it's hard enough for me to kill mages with elo/frost gun, and sometimes impossible.

Why is it olmost impossibel to kil elo/frost gun mages? Cause you have legendary WEPON and what you say you are able to kil some of them. Shoudnt it be otherwise? Better geared pll shoud kil les geared ppl wich not olways is the case.