Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
When I'm running in the front about the clash with 5-10 enemies, I don't think about "hmm which skill combo should I do first" at all. The single-target attacks can be spammed without any regard - just spam whenever they are available. You do have to watch out for Thorn Wall placement and Cruel Blast placement, as these are the only AoE attacks an archer has. So just keep that in mind - spam away with everything else, and use Thorn Wall and Cruel Blast with a little thought.
Even with mage and AOE attacks, it's best to try to get into an optimal position to try to hit as many targets as possible. I don't usually spam attacks as soon as they recharge, except for frostbite. I usually allow myself to get into the best position to hit the most targets. That improves your net damage considerably. You can always tell between mages that do that and the ones that button mash - their spells aren't nearly as effective because they don't hit all the targets they could be hitting. The only drawback is the increased deaths.