Thread: Hugthulu Loot Re-roll? Better Vanity Odds with Other Toons? + Tip & Lore for boss!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile Hugthulu Loot Re-roll? Better Vanity Odds with Other Toons? + Tip & Lore for boss!

So I've noticed that equipped with a luck elixir or lepre pendant, I seem to get far less lovecraft chests that with no re-roll. However, I do then re-roll the gold piles that drop into hauntlet coins, story tokens, dragkin teeth, etc.

Is it my imagination or does wearing lepre or having a luck elixir make Hugthulu drop less love crates?

I was getting fairly consistent chest drops from him with no re-roll. I then equipped lepre and drank a luck elixer. The next 10 runs dropped zero love craft chests.
    Also: After the event is over, will the crates still be open-able and their loot acquirable?

Secondly, I hear people saying that if you want the gold cupid wings vanity for your toon you should be opening the lovecraft chests on other toons of different classes. I'd like some clarification if this is actually true or is it just the strange way that random chance works?

Lastly I'd like to give a tip/request on fighting the Hugthulu boss. PLEASE start leading him to the portal area BEFORE the portal appears. With as many runs as I've done I've wasted so much time waiting for him to walk all the way up into the portal. It's only a few seconds per run but multiply that by hundreds of runs.

I hope STS can answer the re-roll question and also on the reduction in odds of getting a class specific vanity when opening with a character of same class.
    Thank you STS. This is an....interesting event.

Also: Here is some interesting information. The name "Hugthulu" is based on a character named "Cthulhu" from an HP Lovecraft story.
    This from wikipedia:
    Cthulhu is a deity created by writer H. P. Lovecraft and first introduced in the short story "The Call of Cthulhu", published in the pulp magazine Weird Tales in 1928. Considered a Great Old One within the pantheon of Lovecraftian cosmic entities, the creature has since been featured in numerous popular culture references. Lovecraft depicts Cthulhu as a gigantic and wholly evil entity worshiped by cultists. Cthulhu's anatomy is described as part man, part dragon, and part octopus.
    IGN: Lainnah
    Guild: Crisis Of Faith
    Last edited by Lainnah; 03-06-2015 at 03:22 AM.