Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7 Content Update (55818)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Survivorfan View Post
    But still, for those who have bought it for 15 plat, we should get a refund then because we bought a item with PERMANENT luck, not temporary
    You can send STS an e-mail asking for a refund if this happens. I would love for it to stay but thats just me. If they use it temporarily then it most likely be the same for future vanity items.

Another idea could be to add a bonus to one of the vanity items currently available or make a crafting recipe for vanity items to add one bonus to one item. Recipes could become available at anytime and only 1 bonus can be added per item. This way you could wear any vanity item you purchase with a specific bonus this means no clones and they should be super rare and hard to craft
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Survivorfan View Post
    if you make it temporary, 15 plat is a lot for a vanity item that bonus is only there for a week
    It's exactly the same price as Big Love which many people bought, and it was the same thing with hearts instead of clovers and no bonus of any kind.
    Honestly I am slightly opposed to the permanent bonus simply because as Physio said it will lead to too much identical headgear being worn. I have also said several times in the past that I am opposed to luck items in general, but this is actually not a bad way to do it as long as the bonus is pretty small, which I would guess it is. I'd love to test it out, but am sick and don't feel much like playing games atm

Edit: come to think of it, speaking of price, if STS had thought about how luck crazy its players are, they could have easily added an item with a permanent luck bonus for 50 or 100 plat and sold a heap of them. Maybe the solution to players not being able to get this anymore after the holiday would be to add a series (all with unique designs) of lucky vanity hats at premium prices once Big Luck is out of the store. I would say, to be fair, one should be added as a rare drop as well, but the truth is, if the effect is as small as people are saying, then it doesn't really give any serious advantage at all, an is more for the hardcore who want that extra, minuscule though it may be, chance at a pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Klemen View Post
    So will this vanity be gone in a week if i buy it?
    The item will remain. What is unknown at this point is whether the luck bonus it currently imparts will stay.
    Last edited by Royce; 03-15-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

in other news, has anybody noticed that the people who had their mystery armor for sale in cs are still able to sell it while others who have mystery armor cannot put it for sale in cs ? i think this is a bit unfair for those wanting to sell the armor but cant anymore while those who had the armor for sale before update still have it up for sale and you can still buy it (i tried it myself and bought one from cs)

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Big luck works! Doing Stronghold, no pots on, nothing. Kill the boss, "You are feeling LUCKY..." Re-roll. Raid Roach Gemstone Cap! Woot.
    IGN: Tourachs - 55 Bird, Touracha - 50 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tour View Post
    Big luck works! Doing Stronghold, no pots on, nothing. Kill the boss, "You are feeling LUCKY..." Re-roll. Raid Roach Gemstone Cap! Woot.
    Nice! A good start.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Think about it this way, guys.

Let's say the 1-handed gurg hammer had dropped for a week, and got farmed enough to introduce like 50-100 of them into the game. Then the devs changed it so only 2h gurg hammers dropped, but let the people who had the 1h keep them like that. And they could wear shields with them. Do you think that would be fair just because they were there at that point? Sure, it's nice for those who would have gotten the 1h, but would suck for everyone else.

Same idea here. If it's going to have a permanent bonus that affects the game, it needs to be available permanently (or like someone else said, the bonus has to be available on another item -- but not stackable).
    Then I would like all of the previous vanity items to be available forever so I can purchase. I started playing in the recent past, and missed out on a lot of great vanity items (whether or not they have a bonus, looks are worth plat to me as well). People that have been playing longer should get more of a benefit. If you miss out on this week, then you miss out on the lucky-wear, if you missed out on valentines week, then you missed out on the Love-wear. It's just how it works.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Another idea could be to add a bonus to one of the vanity items currently available or make a crafting recipe for vanity items to add one bonus to one item. Recipes could become available at anytime and only 1 bonus can be added per item. This way you could wear any vanity item you purchase with a specific bonus this means no clones and they should be super rare and hard to craft
    +1

I think this is a great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    in other news, has anybody noticed that the people who had their mystery armor for sale in cs are still able to sell it while others who have mystery armor cannot put it for sale in cs ? i think this is a bit unfair for those wanting to sell the armor but cant anymore while those who had the armor for sale before update still have it up for sale and you can still buy it (i tried it myself and bought one from cs)
    Well those people paid to list the items for a certain period of time. I think the way the devs did this, just not allowing them to be listed any more, was probably the simplest solution. The only other option would have been ending all the sales prematurely, and somehow refunding the listing fees to the people who were selling them (which I would imagine would have been more time consuming).
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Then I would like all of the previous vanity items to be available forever so I can purchase. I started playing in the recent past, and missed out on a lot of great vanity items (whether or not they have a bonus, looks are worth plat to me as well). People that have been playing longer should get more of a benefit. If you miss out on this week, then you miss out on the lucky-wear, if you missed out on valentines week, then you missed out on the Love-wear. It's just how it works.
    It's not the same at all, because this is the first time a vanity item has had a special bonus, temporary or otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone know just how much "luck" big luck actually gives?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Just been in a game where, whilst wearing the new Vanity item Big Luck, I got the message

'You ARE Lucky… Re-Rolled for better loot'

Then not long after a fellow player, wearing the same item obvious got lucky and I saw;

(NAME) 'gets a chance to re-roll with Elixer of Luck'

Does this suggest a 25% chance of re-roll?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Just been in a game where, whilst wearing the new Vanity item Big Luck, I got the message

'You ARE Lucky… Re-Rolled for better loot'

Then not long after a fellow player, wearing the same item obvious got lucky and I saw;

(NAME) 'gets a chance to re-roll with Elixer of Luck'

Does this suggest a 25% chance of re-roll?
    Not necessarily. It definitely works the same way as an elixir, giving you a certain chance of a reroll, but you would have to do a bunch of runs, and count how many drops you get as well as how many times the luck proc works (when you see "feeling lucky" not only when you see "you are lucky" which means it proc'd and the second role resulted in a better drop) to figure out the percentage. It certainly could be 25% but I'm kinda hoping it's lower...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It definitely seems less than 25%. Out of the few runs I did (no where close to being a sound conclusion), One run, no one got any re-rolls. The next run two people each got 1 re-roll for better loot (one on catspaw, one on gold), another run, only 1 person got a re-roll for better loot. All of the runs had a full party, so that is around 3 re-rolls / ((5 people * 3 runs) * 2 bosses) = 3/30 = 10%. Keep in mind, this is in no way a finalized percentage, just some very early observations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default quests

I noticed they bumped it up from 43 to 44 quests in AO. I was at 42/43 and now 43/44. I got credit for the one I thought I wasn't getting credit for. Now I am confused about where the last quest could be. I have talked to everyone in the town and all of the levels and haven't seen it. I did notice that in General Discussion there is a Quest Guide thread, listing 44 quests in AO, but one of them suggests we talk to Ellie in Forest Haven to get a quest, but she doesn't offer it. Did I miss something or is there still a problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do agree that this item should either have a permanent luck bonus (as a developer did state so here on their official forum that it would) or refund all purchases made so far. All players who purchased the item with the idea that they would have a permanent luck bonus could rethink their decision and all those who would like the hat regardless can just purchase it again. It honestly doesn't seem right to pull a 180 after stating, as a matter of fact, that things would be done a certain way.

If the item does stay permanent, which I would like to see, I suggest creating new rings for sale that have a luck, or other, bonus (or possibly other vanity items... But I do like seeing hats ). These new rings, hats, craftable items, or whatever should have a slightly less percentage of luck than the limited time vanity items that are released during the holiday season.

This formula could be used with future seasonal vanity items as well.

Just an idea...

- Adam
    Araketan - Level 56 Dex Bird
    Uimacaz - Level 55 Int Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uimacaz View Post
    I do agree that this item should either have a permanent luck bonus (as a developer did state so here on their official forum that it would) or refund all purchases made so far. All players who purchased the item with the idea that they would have a permanent luck bonus could rethink their decision and all those who would like the hat regardless can just purchase it again. It honestly doesn't seem right to pull a 180 after stating, as a matter of fact, that things would be done a certain way.

If the item does stay permanent, which I would like to see, I suggest creating new rings for sale that have a luck, or other, bonus (or possibly other vanity items... But I do like seeing hats ). These new rings, hats, craftable items, or whatever should have a slightly less percentage of luck than the limited time vanity items that are released during the holiday season.

This formula could be used with future seasonal vanity items as well.

Just an idea...

- Adam
    And a good idea(s) at that. I dig the ring ideas. We do have two hands, after all
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

LMAO every time there is something new the same people come to the forums and B_-_- about something...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I love the idea of the Luck on the item. Im happy to spend my plat to get a little more luck as I play. Perm or temp
    I dont mind buying someone a half of a Big Mac for there work and a game I love.

last mo. 10plat = 1.00 area
    this mo 15plat = 1.50-2.00 area "I wish the arcade was this cheap."

The bonus is not that high. 11runs so far .. 4of 5 with luck.. no pinks .... This is nothing new or a great big throw to the over priced market.
    I could see this being a problem if pinks were flying every where as drops. I dont see it.

update
    40-50runs... 1 pinks(helm) .. 3of 5 always had luck......The helm went to someone with Little Luck.
    Last edited by Diodge; 03-15-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Ow man im getting sick of missing these cool items its really spoiling the game.
    i cant get plat because of no credit card PLEASE DEVS can you add a way to get plat from phone carrier / credit. or a premiumText number its been months now plus ill need plat for blackstar too
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sorry guys, but I'd have to agree with Phys/Les here.

My initial thought when I got the item and saw the bonus was that it should be or was hopefully temporary.

Of course there's the other side of the coin, but IMO, once it starts with vanity helms having bonuses, its like a slippery slope from there. Where will it end?

Also, this is a holiday (or something else, I wouldn't know, never celebrated St. Patty's Day) promotion, hence the luck for this short period of time.

I'd think it'd probably be okay if the price was reduced so players wouldn't take an extreme loss of 15 plat for a week or so. If it was made to 5, surely 5 plat is worth having extra luck for an entire week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

wow a plat item that gives you better luck...sigh..
    this is starting to cost more than WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!