Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Luck / Little Luck 100 drop test results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Big Luck / Little Luck 100 drop test results

Edit: please ignore Little Luck. I'm an idiot who didn't watch what I was doing and both characters were actually wearing Big Luck.

Very Brief Conclusion:
    Big Luck = 12% chance of a re-roll off 207 drops. Little Luck has zero effect. More below

So I spoke to Royce earlier and discussed a short test on the Big/Little Luck Hats

Firstly here was the details of the test;
    • 2 Characters in FH4, one (lvl50) wearing BL and the other (lvl16) wearing LL
    • Lvl50 did all the work, we farmed Meathead 100 times, and got a small handful of mob drops too
    • I recorded the drops, the frequency of 'Feeling Lucky' and 'You are Lucky'
    • I don't fully understand how the lucky re-roll works so wont attempt to explain it
    • Nothing better than Gems dropped, mainly trash

Big Luck
    drops from meathead = 100
    other drops = 3
    Feelin' Lucky = 8
    You are lucky = 5
    total = 13

Edit: Big Luck 2 not Little LuckLittle Luck
    drops from meathead = 100
    other drops = 4
    Feelin' Lucky = 11
    You are lucky = 1
    total = 12

So I make that;
    Big Luck - rerolled 12.6% (13/103) of the time with a 38.5% (5/13) success rate
    Edit: Big Luck 2 not Little Luck - rerolled 11.5% (12/104) of the time with 8.3% (1/12) success rate

To Conclude
    • There clearly isn't enough data here to draw any really accurate conclusions, but almost 3hours was all i was doing.
    • I was expecting a difference between the 2 in the chance of a re-roll, but in my 100 boss drops they are almost identical?
    • The success is greatly different though and here I would have expected to see a 50% success rate? (unless I have misunderstood how it works.
    • If some could explain or point me to a good explanation of Luck Elixirs that would be appreciated
    • As already highlighted in other threads, wearing these items only gives you a chance of a re-roll and in no way ensures any significantly better kit to drop. I.e. If you drop a Common item and get a successful re-roll you are still likely to get a slight improvement to a better Common or an Orange/Green if your lucky.

My data is available if anyone wants for any reason....
    Last edited by Redbridge; 03-16-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

reserved for - just in case
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Interesting, I thought the devs said that ONLY big luck gave the luck bonus...

Here is from assomers post...

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Lil' Luck does not give a drop bonus, it's just a vanity item.

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hmmmmm... interesting.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Strange how the reroll procs at similar rates between the big luck and little luck hats. Success rate should be negligible data, since a re-roll is a completely independent roll, according to devs.

Let's say you are intended to have an green drop and you have the luck hat on. I believe these are the possibilities:
    1. Elixir does not proc. You get an green* drop.
    2. Elixir procs, and you reroll an orange drop. This is compared to the green drop, game registers this as not as good as the green drop, and it says "Feelin' lucky..." and gives you the green drop. It only gives you the Feelin' lucky text to tell you that your elixir proc'd but you didn't get a better item on your second roll.
    3. Elixir procs, and you reroll a purple drop. This is compared to the green drop, game registers this as better than the green drop, and it says "You ARE lucky!" and gives you the purple drop.
    4. Elixir procs, and you reroll a green drop. Game most likely registers this as equivalent and just gives you "Feelin' lucky..." and the original green drop, or the new green drop.

If you get an orange drop, and the elixir procs another orange, it sometimes says "Feelin' lucky..." and sometimes "You ARE lucky!", so that's a weird variance to this whole procedure.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    If you get an orange drop, and the elixir procs another orange, it sometimes says "Feelin' lucky..." and sometimes "You ARE lucky!", so that's a weird variance to this whole procedure.
    "Feelin' Lucky..." means that you have registered a chance to re-roll before the enemy dies.
    "You ARE lucky!" is what it says once you have received the re-roll.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    "Feelin' Lucky..." means that you have registered a chance to re-roll before the enemy dies.
    "You ARE lucky!" is what it says once you have received the re-roll.
    So let's say you bought a 35% luck lixir...that means if you receive the "Feelin' Lucky" text you hit that 35% chance to re-roll, and if the re-roll turns out better, it says "Feelin' Lucky...You ARE lucky!" right? That's what I meant when I wrote
    just forgot the "Feelin lucky...You ARE lucky" on the second part

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I believe so, I still have relieved crappy loots and got a "You ARE lucky!" Text though. Like grey-orange loots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So you guys are saying that the success rate has nothing to do with the "LUCK"? Only the chance for a re-roll?

If so, that is even more peculiar due to the fact that the devs said little luck wouldn't have an effect, let alone, one that is comparable to Bit Luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Can I check my understanding of LUCK then......

You kill a boss/mob and get a random drop as normal... If you have an active Elixir, or wearing these hats, there is a % chance of a re-roll (35 or 25% for the elixirs). If you successfully hit that re-roll chance the game randomly selects (re-rolls) a new drop for you? is that right?

Then..... do you get the second drop, regardless of whether its better or not. which would result in Feelin' Lucky if wasn't better, or You are Lucky if it was better?

Is this right?

Also, I was under the impression too that Little Luck didn't create a re-roll. Just gone back and checked my Wifes phone and her character is definitely wearing Little Luck (although does have Big Luck un-equiped). Strange??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    If so, that is even more peculiar due to the fact that the devs said little luck wouldn't have an effect, let alone, one that is comparable to Bit Luck.
    Its only one lot of 100 boss drops, So It could be that the Big Luck wearer was a tad unlucky (LOL) and should have got 15/20% and the Little Luck wearer was slightly lucky and should have got 5/10%.

Would take a lot of testing to prove more accurately....

Also, just thought. Maybe Little Luck only works when Big Luck is present? More testing me thinks....
    Last edited by Redbridge; 03-15-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Then..... do you get the second drop, regardless of whether its better or not. which would result in Feelin' Lucky if wasn't better, or You are Lucky if it was better?
    No, the game compares the two drops and gives you the better one. If the original one was better you get the "feeling lucky" message, if the new one was better it says "you are lucky".

Also see this dev post explaining it:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ll=1#post59377
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    No, the game compares the two drops and gives you the better one. If the original one was better you get the "feeling lucky" message, if the new one was better it says "you are lucky".

Also see this dev post explaining it:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ll=1#post59377
    Perfect. Exactly what I needed.

Fully understood now.

So in fact, regardless of whether these hats give 10, 15 or even a 25% chance of a re-roll, if a chance of a pink drop is very rare (like in BS) then ur only getting a small chance of a second roll at something that is rare. The likelihood is it isn't very useful for rare drops but more for improving drops occasionally in the hope that one might result in a cracker.

I can see now why some if the senior players where discussing the pro's/con's of the introduction of permanent luck being introduced into the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Exactly.

When the luck procs, you can think of it as killing 2 bosses at the exact same time, and taking the better drop of the two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any one know if the lucky hat stacks with a luck elixir?? I may be asking for too much but its worth an answer.

Nevermind, I found the answer on a different post )
    Last edited by festre; 03-16-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This would be MUCH more accurate in skeller
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried using the big love and lucky exliar but i don't seem to get much difference, this was in deli. Maybe cuz i didn't do enough runs. But my question is does the exliar and big love make a difference and what is the reroll change of big love.
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keohike View Post
    I tried using the big love and lucky exliar but i don't seem to get much difference, this was in deli. Maybe cuz i didn't do enough runs. But my question is does the exliar and big love make a difference and what is the reroll change of big love.
    Kossi was talking about Big LUCK and lucky elixr stacking, not Big LOVE (what you used) and the Lucky Elixr. Not sure if that is what you meant to say..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    Kossi was talking about Big LUCK and lucky elixr stacking, not Big LOVE (what you used) and the Lucky Elixr. Not sure if that is what you meant to say..
    ah sorry BIG LUCK
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    This would be MUCH more accurate in skeller
    LOL - I'm working again tonight but am not sure my sanity will hold out for 3hrs of Skeller.... Any volunteers?

Anyone else notice if Little Luck does actually give some Luck?? Devs seemed to suggest it wouldn't but my tested showed it did. Was just wondering if there was a confirmed reason this was happening......