Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
Tarlok was easily the best event you guys put together. It was one of the rare events that really drove activity and guild cooperation! Plus the loot from the event was generally pretty good, tarlok gems were awesome, and, for the most part, there weren't too many one-hit KO's. Unfortunately, recent events have been about plat/energy and has really driven a wedge between the grinders & casuals, and the DPS & Tanks.

Shuyal was probably my favorite elite season. Mostly because the maps were fun and high end gear was plentiful. Architect weapons were generally pretty good (and had great PROCs) and during this season, we had Tarlok gear for those that wanted to go DMG oriented, so at least those without Mythics had viable alternatives. Sure, we died often enough, but we didn't get those random, no warning deaths like we do everywhere in Tindirin and Planar Tombs. The only gripe I had with Shuyal was the glitchy zones of Krom, but we did get the added bonus of multiple Krom's showing up on the maps once in a while.

Now, it just feels like the maps are a plat grab, with all the obnoxious one-hit kills and OP environmentals (specifically the death pools). There just seems to be a lot of bugs and problems with the game lately, and there has been very little response (and almost no action) from STS on any of them. The ability to earn income via farming is nearly non-existent and the rift between the top 10% and everyone else is now more like an ocean and definitely makes gameplay more of an exclusive affair. Anyone in the 10% really doesn't want to run outside of the group anymore.

Finally, with just about everything in game decided upon luck, what motivation is there when the "luck" is obviously not on your side? Am I really to believe that in 900+ arena runs I haven't even SEEN a recipe, nor do I know anyone that has actually looted a Fossil is nothing more than just a bad luck streak?

Are we really supposed to farm out Jarl/KM3 for locked until the next expansion? The social aspect is really the only thing that has brought me back to the game, but with so many being disappointed with the current state, many of my good friends are starting to leave. Once they are gone, I will not have any reason to stay. I'm sure that I am not the only one that feels this way.
Excellent post.