Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting nerfed again

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Tarlok was easily the best event you guys put together. It was one of the rare events that really drove activity and guild cooperation! Plus the loot from the event was generally pretty good, tarlok gems were awesome, and, for the most part, there weren't too many one-hit KO's. Unfortunately, recent events have been about plat/energy and has really driven a wedge between the grinders & casuals, and the DPS & Tanks.

Shuyal was probably my favorite elite season. Mostly because the maps were fun and high end gear was plentiful. Architect weapons were generally pretty good (and had great PROCs) and during this season, we had Tarlok gear for those that wanted to go DMG oriented, so at least those without Mythics had viable alternatives. Sure, we died often enough, but we didn't get those random, no warning deaths like we do everywhere in Tindirin and Planar Tombs. The only gripe I had with Shuyal was the glitchy zones of Krom, but we did get the added bonus of multiple Krom's showing up on the maps once in a while.

Now, it just feels like the maps are a plat grab, with all the obnoxious one-hit kills and OP environmentals (specifically the death pools). There just seems to be a lot of bugs and problems with the game lately, and there has been very little response (and almost no action) from STS on any of them. The ability to earn income via farming is nearly non-existent and the rift between the top 10% and everyone else is now more like an ocean and definitely makes gameplay more of an exclusive affair. Anyone in the 10% really doesn't want to run outside of the group anymore.

Finally, with just about everything in game decided upon luck, what motivation is there when the "luck" is obviously not on your side? Am I really to believe that in 900+ arena runs I haven't even SEEN a recipe, nor do I know anyone that has actually looted a Fossil is nothing more than just a bad luck streak?

Are we really supposed to farm out Jarl/KM3 for locked until the next expansion? The social aspect is really the only thing that has brought me back to the game, but with so many being disappointed with the current state, many of my good friends are starting to leave. Once they are gone, I will not have any reason to stay. I'm sure that I am not the only one that feels this way.
    +1 Obama! This comment was absolutely terrific! Holy crap kali blog that! that described the game absolutely how it was! This game is too money oriented. no more care goes into these events. We need change and we need to fill in the gap between poor and rich. We need to have less bugs. We need a better player base. Everything's going downhill, and I for one, am not going to play the new game, its A.L and nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Isn't she lovely!!!

What game is dat?! That toon looks cuuute !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Best event by far was tarlok. It bounded guilds tighter to farm out the free portals. Energies are the new evil and I don't get why when you open a rift portal you still need energy to go through on a random map.

The new random one hits and no warning red zones takes away the skill factor and to be pro you just need anks. My favorite season was shuyal because I was able to play my class without dying. I hope to see less reliance on anks. It makes elite farming very unprofitable.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is true bro. Many ways to make us to spend money in that game,started to be a kind of bank wich don't give ur money back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    that game my friend is where I migrated to..its Called Kritika: The white Knights..for Android and iOS
    my IGN is on my sig... read this whole thread to find the details.

Kritika
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.normal&hl=en
    Last edited by octavos; 03-17-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Yep yep find me over there I'll be on later. Candylicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

And yes its cuuuuute!!! I'll scope out their forums tomorrow see if the community is decent or what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Erm not as cute as u

Omg Omg so cheesy but just couldn't help it

"what goes up will come down"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have never platted through a crafting and doubt I ever will. I learned that after the 1st or 2nd double odds crafting weekend. After that double odds, it seemed like grand gems were non-existent. So much so that I've given up on super gems without the double odds.

I have noticed that it's important, when relying on luck in the system, to vary times, change toons, to try to change up the random roll because it does sometimes appear to get stuck. I am not sure how this can be applied to gemming -- I suppose vary the times you pick up your completed crafting. But getting super gems when the odds are not doubled is so low most times, that I would just personally wait for a double gem period.

As for events, I like them.

I played the heck out of the longer events and farmed the heck out of all of them. I even farmed some lepregoblin, though not as much, since there're not that many items and those items look very similar to existing items. As for the Tarlok event, personally I like the Ursoth event better. To me the only big difference in the two events was the manner one enters the event. Tarlok's zone wasn't that amazing. It was a cool boss but Syrillax was pretty cool too. I even like the Ursoth event better than the Tarlok event.

In terms of items, I would say I get the greatest use out of the Tarlok and Ursoth event equips. The best vanities were from the recent Lovecraft event.

Star light, star bright...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Usroth and tarlok where by far the best events in arcane legends and that's was due to the amount of effort, bosses, vanitys and mainly because everything was new and not recoloured.

The energy aspect of the usroth didn't actually bother me as much it stops me playing all day when I could be doing something more productive.

Back on topic I agree when I've tried gemming recently I've recieved no grand gems which is a disheartner because it's again luck based and my luck never seems to be in nor does anyone else's with gemming.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

i have done one item, glacial gem, everyday since grand gem double odds weekend. This morning i had to try again.

Fix it asap ppwst (pretty please with sugar on top)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yeah... I've felt the same. After the announcement of skills and what not I just threw in the towel. Bored of waiting for stuff to get fixed... Been trying to find a new game now instead.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    that game my friend is where I migrated to..its Called Kritika: The white Knights..for Android and iOS
    my IGN is on my sig... read this whole thread to find the details.

Kritika
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.normal&hl=en
    wow, it looks cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Everyone should play Kritika IMO, much more enjoyable and the devs arent cheats. I do respect STS, I really do. But stealth nerfing drops and what not is a bad move and if people find out about this (which half the forums have) people will start moving games.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Wish my phone wasnt rooted i cant play kritika

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Downloading now... I'll give it a try... Bored
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    As mentioned a few times before we're working on an expansion right now and are planning new events and content for the rest of the year. Candylicks can I ask what is your favorite event in the history of AL? What was the most fun and exciting time?
    I've played AL since August 2013 and in all the 1.5 year, my favorite, most exciting event has always been the 2013 Tarlok event. Guild cooperation was at an all time high (even higher than when expansion rolled in or in any other event since. Energy is a drag). There was incentive for everyone--plat-spender or not, hardcore pve player or not, whatever your level was--to work hard because a lot of the chest contents, token bought items and craftables were useful and original (not recoloreds) and made for good investment long after the event. I think it's safe to say that everyone who played that event missed it the second it was over and misses it even more with every event that followed. The 2014 Tarlok event didn't even come close.

But to me personally the reason 2013 Tarlok event was a huge hit was because it gave people the incentive to run Arlor maps and to work together (if you made a party and everyone ran different maps and each killed boss solo you got four chances of opening a portal). Even if you ran with randoms they stayed till boss for a chance to open portal. So you could run event and still farmed stuffs, did your dailies, helped your guildies, got some aps, ran elite. The recent events where the only busy places were the event city/map and wt4 (for essences to craft energy) made me sad. The multiple portals that opened and got ignored by players on map because they had no energy/didn't want to risk one-hit-killing bosses with randoms/were bored to tears with grinding event made me even sadder.

To me, the recent Tour of Arlor by Kalizzaa brought back some of the fun that I had running 2013 Tarlok event precisely because of those two elements: incentive to run Arlor maps and player cooperation. These had been sorely lacking in most of the events since last year. If events can somehow involve running these beautiful maps you have taken such pains to build, maybe by weaving extra storyline and quests into them, I think many would enjoy it more.

STS had also done several events where collecting is the main component. In itself these aren't all bad. But I'd like to remind you of the 2013 Halloween event which was basically a collecting event too. There were a number of daily quests going and the rewards were pretty exciting and everyone who played it a certain number of days got a banner. If collecting events are supposed to be lightweight fluffy fun, that I think was the way to go.

Looking at the recent mini-events, I think Lovecraft was a success because it incorporated some of the elements that made past events a hit. Various rewards, from vanity to banner to inventory slots and even chance of ankhs. The universal goal and letter granting love potions that got people out of their selfish solitary grind was a nice touch too. The fact that vanities were untradeable also made it possible for me to see acts of kindness like guildies donating lovecraft chests, giving away tons of letters, etc. Time and again I see people in this forum saying they are staying because of the social aspect of the game, their friends, their guild. Please bear this in mind when thinking up an event.

IMO fun in AL is a balance between challenge and reward. Too easy and you fall asleep while doing it, too hard and pretty soon you will start calculating whether the reward is worth the pots, time, and frustration. Striking the right balance might be tricky, but it isn't impossible given what STS had been able to deliver before and can again, if they could learn from their past successes and failures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    ...Unfortunately, recent events have been about plat/energy and has really driven a wedge between the grinders & casuals, and the DPS & Tanks.
    This exactly. Grinder vs casual rift cost my guild two officers last winter event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

There is simply no game like AL out there, unfortunately. Kritika gets boring and repetitive fast because you are always alone, the maps are too short, there is no market or town. Its perfect to play between each AL event or while waiting for the expansion lol
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-01-31-18-25-30.png
Views: 247
Size:  515.1 KB
    Add me If you need help. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yeah.. Tried it... Got bored fast... Deleting... Stuck with ONC and AL for now still... Till something new gets launched anyway