Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody going to power lvl new players??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anybody going to power lvl new players??

I'm not sure would I power lvl new players... How bout you people?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

That's completely up to you of course. The only thing I see is more and more people who are completely clueless on how to play the game. My feeling is that it has something to do with power leveling. If you pwr lvl someone, he/she might never get to learn how to play properly.

I pwr leveled my bird from 1-55, and it was the char that took me the longest to really get used to. I started to read the forums because I wanted to become stronger. If someone would have offered me to pwr level, I would have done it, but I have a feeling I would have missed out on a lot of experience.

Basically, if ppl want to take the time to understand how to properly use their char in a party, I wouldn't be against power leveling. But it only happens to much that the only lv55 Mage is screaming 'rev me!', or that you get a bear with wall-o-fobia in your party...

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually thought the same thing at first. i wanted physiologic to power level me when i was low and a weak eagle. he promised to take me under his wing when i am a 55+.. still waiting for that. (im 51) but after he denied me tens of times, i just played the campaign and i realized the campaign is unique in its own way and has an amazing story! Just play it, READ THE QUESTS. if you don't read the quests and what they ask of you, i can see how it might not be fun. leveling is a big part of it, and its fun if you level while doing quests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is why I will never powerlevel anyone....

How can you claim to be experienced with those stats? Granted this is most likely an alt, but still this person could have gotten a lot more experience in game play by just leveling properly.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post

How can you claim to be experienced with those stats? Granted this is most likely an alt, but still this person could have gotten a lot more experience in game play by just leveling properly.
    I saw that dude earlier today and looked at his stats too. Same thing crossed my mind then LMAO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Just don't power level other people it encourages a behavior that not only spoils the game to the people who get power leveld it spoils the game for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Leveling is so easy in this game, there is no reason to powerlevel outside one's dungeon level. Of course, I usually joined almost full games...

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will powerlevel certain people, and they include:

twinks, but only if I know the person to have another char of the same class, AND ALREADY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE CLASS. even then, it's not free

alts, and only if I know the person to already know how to play the class.

And I will never powerlevel more than two levels without a pink or two that helps me out. (I put on my best pinks at the time, and My gear has gotten much, much better from twink leveling

Edit:
    Funniest picture ever seen on the forums for now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post

Last edited by azulflame; 03-30-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: about the picture...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why is there "Banned" on top of your avatar?

are you really banned?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a lot of pvp guys and i like to power lvl them to the lvl i'm using them for. I don't think that's a bad thing to do.
    ok i have way too many toons to list... 35+ lets say a few Jnass 66 mage whats plat 65 bear gnass 10 bear feelingfroggy 10 bear... ill stop there usually anthing with nass in the name is me btw...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is power lvl? Im still new but i am trying to learn everything i am on lvl 37

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naheema View Post
    What is power lvl? Im still new but i am trying to learn everything i am on lvl 37
    Power leveling is when you get high level people to kill everything for you and just follow them around racking the XP points. It spoils your fun because you do not learn anything and behave like a puppy but some players do it just so the become high level. I really don't understand the pleasure of cheating yourself in a game.... but that's what they do!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

What's wrong with powerleveling by joining games in the dungeon just above your level? or whatever cons red? Why go to end game and annoy everyone?

If I want to level quickly, I will usually go to the next campaign just above my level. So if I'm supposed to be in Dark Forest, I'll be joining Balefort games, etc. I pick the games with the most players and the leveling is usually very fast. I rarely use xp elixirs. With quests now available, following the quests will result in fast leveling.

Generally though, I find leveling is much too fast and I have to freeze xp or I'll end up above the start level of the area I want to be playing. So I'll freeze xp while I'm farming, which most times translates to characters frozen at various levels for farming.

Star light, star bright...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naheema View Post
    Power leveling is taking your level 55/56 and hosting private games in Forest Haven to kill all the mobs quickly, which makes you feel like you have power for your level!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

If you power level I will send an army of 50 pure dex birdies, assisted by 10 pallies and 5 bears to destroy you as you sleep. Or don't sleep.

:@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You will enjoy the game more if play it out and not look for shortcuts. I even found lvl 18 mage who did not know how to use heal and kept using revive. He eventually died. I was on a low level and character and informed him what he was doing. Next he was laying dead within 5 mins after that. I left with a puzzeled look on my face wondering what he was thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I will never powerlevel people. I even find it hard to properly say so to people I know that I can't/will not.

I will never be powerleveled. I don't even buy pots in hideout...

Ps if you can handle a red level area, it is not powerleveling. If my lv12 bear can romp balefort I will not be stopped.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Power leveling is taking your level 55/56 and hosting private games in Forest Haven to kill all the mobs quickly, which makes you feel like you have power for your level!
    Lol Fluff! Nice!
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have a problem helping someone lvl in a run where they can actually do some work to at least get a feel of the game while getting lvls quickly or lvl'ing a friend with a alt character, no problem. but I do not like it when I'm doing Crush/Vic lap runs and there are 2 50+ characters and the rest powerleveled/leeching idiots..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

As a rule I do not power lvl.. The game experience and the feeling of earning your way threw the maps is what the game is supposed to be. With very few exceptions, my exceptions are as follows: a player must have a lvl 50 that was visably played threw the lvls ( :0 yes deaths happen!) they can prove their upper account, and they must farm with me. I ask them to do this because one will know right off if somone power leveled their 50 even with the deaths) skills speak loudley. In generalmI will bring a low lvl twink to a low lvl the player desires to lvl cap at for pvp etc. However if for example the higher lvl is a mage and the low is a dex i will run in lower maps with them, lets face it just because im a mage does not make me a tank! Charecter skills are diffrent in each.

I do not understand why everyone is in such a hurry to reach the end? What is there after to look forward to? I personaly have lvld my mage to 56 and dex to 52, With each working the skills and play to attain the best charecter i can and skilled player i can be.

If i chose to lvl somone I do NOT charge them seriousley? I. General the few i have assisted offer elixer money to lvl them that is fine. I have also had people give me gold for helping, those thank yous are wonderful but not required .

If you are new to PL enjoy the game and level in the maps made for you you will meet many great players have fun laugh many times and growel a bit enjoy the experience.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa