Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Influence of Pet in Arcane Legends Over Time

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Small suggestion here, but, maybe for all pets that can "banish", let them "banish" Nekro's shield in PVP....?
    I think this solution would simply make pets even more of a game changer. As of now, the only pets that banish are samael, nekro and maridos (grim doesnt count). These pets will become even more of a must have and further increase our reliance on them. I would much rather have a weapon has a proc which removes nekro shield or a pet with an aa that does so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I think this solution would simply make pets even more of a game changer. As of now, the only pets that banish are samael, nekro and maridos (grim doesnt count). These pets will become even more of a must have and further increase our reliance on them. I would much rather have a weapon has a proc which removes nekro shield or a pet with an aa that does so.
    In dat caze ill use u as a tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    yea the problem, lol if someone kill someone while flagging they end up calling and ganging/blocking etc which lead to drama.

If anything i think sts should just lock pvp room once it is filled 5/5 ctf and 4/4 tdm until it's finish or complete or when one side of the team leave and room automatically closed or at least reward something when one side is scored to 5 flag first, such as 1 ankh maybe, just a thought.
    Good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Small suggestion here, but, maybe for all pets that can "banish", let them "banish" Nekro's shield in PVP....?
    I gotta loves ya idea..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Glacian is somewhere 45 Imo.
    Glacian rogue is neat,!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Glacian is somewhere 45 Imo.
    Glacian rogue is neat,!!!
    Glacian is by far the most useless arcane pet. It was the slowest and worst PA and the worst AA. The only thing good about it is the crit. It is worse than FlapJack in pve due its lack of damage. If it weren't for its crit, it would be at a 20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Glacian is by far the most useless arcane pet. It was the slowest and worst PA and the worst AA. The only thing good about it is the crit. It is worse than FlapJack in pve due its lack of damage. If it weren't for its crit, it would be at a 20.
    I meant for Pvp! A glacian Rogue > A dova/ slag rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I've never run a macro or an autopot in my life. I don't play on chrome. Pets do make a massive difference in timed runs - however skill is still a factor, along with luck.

excuse my french, but this was huge sarcasm. dm hilariously had been accused of auto potting before, actually was just brought up again tonight. wonder why i mentioned it here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    hahaha I should have put more thought into this =P

Hali please take a stab at re-valuing the numbers and ill edit the main post!
    Hehe, maybe in another thread, this turned into nekro owners complaint about sns.

There is a twink factor, eg dova is awful pet at end game due to lack of arcane ability, while shade and some other less stat overloaded pets better at lvl41 thank to arcane ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Nekro broke PvP. Giving one team stun immunity and no viable way to break the shield makes one team OP and the other food. Most rogues cannot afford to rush and try to break the shield with pure damage. Believe me, I have tried. In all honesty, I would rather face 3 sns and no nekro over 1 nekro no sns any day of the week. Even with sns, with a well time heal and a lucky crit, you can win the clash. With nekro, unless the enemy dps are ridiculously defensive, there is pretty much no hope.

For pve, especially pure arena, nekro and sns provide such a huge stat boost that they dominate those runs, and having a team of 1 nekro 3 sns or even 2-2 would annihilate tombs. Once the timers in arena came back, I had this naive notion that I would be able to get on arena lb, but you need a ring and ideally a nekro or sns for that.

What baffles me to this day is why sts made so many buff Nerf cycles with sns. It should have remained the way it was immediately after the ursoth event, when a single pool could not kill a tank. Stacking sns was such a huge error IMO. No other pet stacks, and when a pet with such a powerful aa stacks, it can wreck havoc. No pet should deal more damage than 4 rogues, which is what happens in arena if pools stack and we manage to lure boss into them.

Also, yes samael reigned for for to long, but having a samael in the opposing side never meant instant loss as is the case with nekro. I do not have much of a problem with sns because it is avoidable. It hard be hard in CTF maps, but it is possible. With nekro, you can't even out run it because it panic and slows you, simultaneously giving the enemy speed and stun immunity. It makes 1 team impossible to 1 combo or even stun while stunning the other team. It is unbelievably frustrating to shoot 2 full combos into a rogue with nekro shield, only to be 1 hit by a stray uncharged aimed. Playing against nekro, especially when the opponents are unskilled and win only because of nekro makes me want to throw my device against the wall. As of now, nothing can beat a player with nekro of the other player doesn't have one which is just stupid for a game where PvP is one for the main focuses.
    Imagine 3 sns and 2 nekro in a team... That's much worse..
    Ppl dont stack Nekro bcoz the aa of nekro doesn't stack. They stack sns and along with sns they will use 1 or 2 nekro's. Thats something hard to encounter unless we ve the same combination of pets imo is tough to come across.. A player simply has to give up when an opponent has 3 sns n 2 nekro.. Even by stacking 5 nekro to encounter 3 sns n 2 nekro its not possible to survive unless the toons are controlled by robots .. A tank may try to survive bt not the other classes.
    Sts needs to find a solution and should control the domination of pets like Nekro n Sns.
    Last edited by Givemeahellyeah; 04-23-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Ahh, remember when PvP was "petless"? Those good old days.
    I wish I were me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maunyabastian For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

There needs to be some skill combo that can break the shield. I used to play pocket legends at the lvl 66 cap and mages had a shield that caused then to lose mana instead of health when they took dmg. However, the dex class had a 2 skill combo that when used would instantly break thie shield. Add in somethin like this, just someway to break the shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Ahh, remember when PvP was "petless"? Those good old days.
    Yet mages were dominated by tanks, so were rogues capable of causing havoc for the sorcerers. The uncharged invulnerability was good during those days..until they knocked off the freeze, root, remove uncharged INVUL. and converted it into Charged INVUL. Well, it was a bit of pain tho...and when pets came in, worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lonakana View Post
    excuse my french, but this was huge sarcasm. dm hilariously had been accused of auto potting before, actually was just brought up again tonight. wonder why i mentioned it here?
    It's like people don't realize that God gave us 10 fingers and you're allowed to use more than two! A miraculous revelation, isn't it?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lonakana View Post
    See kids, this is a prime example of how text doesn't always convey the actual message.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I've never run a macro or an autopot in my life. I don't play on chrome. Pets do make a massive difference in timed runs - however skill is still a factor, along with luck.
    Seeing as I've held records at one point or another this season in nearly every single map I can tell you that generally macros/pets > skill/luck

Pets: If you take a look at the lb, I can guarantee you that 95% of map records involve nekro or sns, if not both.
    Macros: This is hard to prove obviously but I know a few players who are currently on the LB that use these for a few things such as autopotting, pre-programmed combos, pet resummon hotkeys, etc. I'll definitely get heat for saying that, but it is the truth. Fortunately, autopotting and pet resummons are the only macros I've noticed that make a difference within timed runs.

Also @ Zeus, I'm glad you have purchased every single Arcane Pet, but here's a reality check: 99.9% of arcane legends can't afford a HJ, and the vast majority of us don't spend thousands of dollars on a mobile game. This post is not about Nekro/SnS as much as it is about pets being more powerful than actual players, and that the majority of Arcane and Mythic pets are only accessible to a small portion of the player base. My posts tend to focus on the average player base, so please think about them when you're commenting on my thread.

Anyway, back to the original topic because this is clearly becoming a SnS/Nekro nerf thread...

We need better mid-tier pets to be released, and we need ways to farm better pets. As of now I log in and I have nothing to do since I quit PvP, and since timed runs are dominated by nekro/sns users - neither of which I have, and will probably ever obtain.

It would be nice to hear from a moderator on what they think of this...
    Last edited by raw; 04-23-2015 at 10:46 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

99.9% of arcane legends can't afford a HJ, and the vast majority of us don't spend thousands of dollars on a mobile game. This post is not about Nekro/SnS as much as it is about pets being more powerful than actual players, and that the majority of Arcane and Mythic pets are only accessible to a small portion of the player base. My posts tend to focus on the average player base, so please think about them when you're commenting on my thread.

Anyway, back to the original topic because this is clearly becoming a SnS/Nekro nerf thread...

We need better mid-tier pets to be released, and we need ways to farm better pets. As of now I log in and I have nothing to do since I quit PvP, and since timed runs are dominated by nekro/sns users - neither of which I have, and will probably ever obtain.

^^ This. Very well said indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Seeing as I've held records at one point or another this season in nearly every single map I can tell you that generally macros/pets > skill/luck

Pets: If you take a look at the lb, I can guarantee you that 95% of map records involve nekro or sns, if not both.
    Macros: This is hard to prove obviously but I know a few players who are currently on the LB that use these for a few things such as autopotting, pre-programmed combos, pet resummon hotkeys, etc. I'll definitely get heat for saying that, but it is the truth. Fortunately, autopotting and pet resummons are the only macros I've noticed that make a difference within timed runs.

Also @ Zeus, I'm glad you have purchased every single Arcane Pet, but here's a reality check: 99.9% of arcane legends can't afford a HJ, and the vast majority of us don't spend thousands of dollars on a mobile game. This post is not about Nekro/SnS as much as it is about pets being more powerful than actual players, and that the majority of Arcane and Mythic pets are only accessible to a small portion of the player base. My posts tend to focus on the average player base, so please think about them when you're commenting on my thread.

Your times were in the beginning of the season, which any time runner knows do not last.

I'm willing to bet that DM doesn't need any of those pets to beat records posted by other players. They've been doing this for seasons. Players like me and you are new at it. Yes, it may seem like the pets but it's really not. I can show many instances where that can be proven.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Your times were in the beginning of the season, which any time runner knows do not last.

I'm willing to bet that DM doesn't need any of those pets to beat records posted by other players. They've been doing this for seasons. Players like me and you are new at it. Yes, it may seem like the pets but it's really not. I can show many instances where that can be proven.
    Again Zeus, this thread is not about timed runs. Please read the OP before posting.

@ your comments... we are not on the same page in terms of timed runs, so please do not couple me with you. Also, seeing as you have 22,000 posts on this forums you should be aware that using guild names/players on the forums in any ill manner is against the rules, so please keep that off of the this thread. I will not be getting into an argument with you as you commonly do on threads. Moving on.
    Last edited by raw; 04-23-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

All I gotta say is Farm Arena, Fossil does exist in those chest. A lot of people say they will never obtain Arcane ring when it first came out and now everywhere I look I see Arcane ring lol. You can't ask for something to Farm and then not wanna farm because the road is bumpy and rough or the reward is not to your liking. Sts has put a few decent pet for the majority of the players. Breeze, Fossils, Snappy. They are good pets, hell Nekro is indeed BEST for most TIMED MAP which is why nekro is consider one of the best and it is ARCANE.

You ask for more farmable mythic pets which i'm sure these pet won't come close to Arcane pets unless you expecting mythic pets to out best an arcane pet and to be setting TIMED using mythic pet? the leaderboard isn't just a board for anyone to tackle with any equipment or pets, the times are best for a reason because it's require the best of the best pets/equipment and yea some experience and skills xD just need lots of practice.

You want farmable mythic pet will mythic recipe pendant is quite deadly and is really good can't do any record without one nor can you do a record without arcane ring. Oh and about when you were once had every record in almost every map, that was before mythic pendant and nox fix plus among other stuff. there's a huge damage different in that and at the time lol no one or should I say DM was so not into doing record because it was at the release of Planar tomb which many were focus on farming and getting rich xD. Just saying.
    Last edited by twoxc; 04-23-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer