Thread: Influence of Pet in Arcane Legends Over Time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    yea the problem, lol if someone kill someone while flagging they end up calling and ganging/blocking etc which lead to drama.

If anything i think sts should just lock pvp room once it is filled 5/5 ctf and 4/4 tdm until it's finish or complete or when one side of the team leave and room automatically closed or at least reward something when one side is scored to 5 flag first, such as 1 ankh maybe, just a thought.
    People love stats, you don't have to give ankhs, just numbers. We have kill death ratio but no win lose ratio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

yea the problem, lol if someone kill someone while flagging they end up calling and ganging/blocking etc which lead to drama.

If anything i think sts should just lock pvp room once it is filled 5/5 ctf and 4/4 tdm until it's finish or complete or when one side of the team leave and room automatically closed or at least reward something when one side is scored to 5 flag first, such as 1 ankh maybe, just a thought.
    Good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Just wish that there was a way to obtain these op pets!

Nothing worth working for or trying to get at the moment since the best pet has been discontinued.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Just wish that there was a way to obtain these op pets!

Nothing worth working for or trying to get at the moment since the best pet has been discontinued.
    almost half the people here comment saying nekro is equal to sns so start farming arena bella xD get it lol.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

On topic,

Yes, Raw. Pets have become more and more prevalent in AL. Unfortunately, in order to compete, you and other players are going to have to keep up and purchase new pets. I realized this a long time ago & thus, purchased every arcane pet.

Obviously, STG is not going to change anything as it requires too much effort this late in the game. However, what STG could do is release a new type of PvP arena, one where only certain gear and pets are allowed. These pets and gear would be able to be purchased in kit form from the platinum store to be used in the arena or sold on CS. This way, everybody has an equal chance at PvP in that specific map. This would also earn platinum through the purchases of gear/pets.

Off topic,

Nekro is a very OP pet. To this day, I will mainly use Nekro over SNS even if there's already a Nekro present. It's just so much more beneficial to have one compared to any other pet. Even without the shield, it has a larger terrify range than Samael, gives a terrific speed boost and slows opponents down significantly. The shield is amazing, yes, but even without the shield, the AA is still pretty darn good.

Additionally, I feel that the Nekro to SNS rule is highly exaggerated. In my experience, if there's 1 Nekro & 1 SNS & I have the option to add another Nekro or another SNS to clash, I'll always pick the second Nekro. Clashes at end game often DO last through the second shield and therefore it is more important to have a second shield rather than some damage pools that may not even hit your opponent.

Yes, others have made valid points like SNS pools should not stack with other SNS and frankly, there's logic and I cannot deny that. Heck, I dare say I might agree with it. However, one must keep in mind that Nekro has surpassed SNS is almost every aspect of the game excluding high leveled time runs or end game clashing. In TDM, there is no outright advantage to using SNS other than the healing pools. The pools are easily avoided even if there's stacking of SNS. So, really, there's only two small parts of the game where SNS is the lead pet. That is: clashes (& only after having a first and second Nekro present) & timed records in higher level maps. If you don't believe me, check how often I pull out my SNS over using my Nekro. In my videos, I hardly will use SNS over a Nekro.

So, is it really so bad that there's a pet that's dominant in two small aspects of the game? There are other time run maps to do that SNS is not useful in. Players still get a banner, so how does non-SNS prevent one from obtaining the same end result as an SNS player?

In clashes, I will generally stack a Nekro before a SNS for reasons already stated. There's about 2 videos where I use my SNS over my Nekro in a clash. Let us not forget that all pets eventually get replaced. Has anyone forgotten that Samael went through Nordr, Shuyal and most of Tindirin before relinquishing it's throne? The day will come for SNS one day too and I suspect it's soon.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-22-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    On topic,

Yes, Raw. Pets have become more and more prevalent in AL. Unfortunately, in order to compete, you and other players are going to have to keep up and purchase new pets. I realized this a long time ago & thus, purchased every arcane pet.

Obviously, STG is not going to change anything as it requires too much effort this late in the game. However, what STG could do is release a new type of PvP arena, one where only certain gear and pets are allowed. These pets and gear would be able to be purchased in kit form from the platinum store to be used in the arena or sold on CS. This way, everybody has an equal chance at PvP in that specific map. This would also earn platinum through the purchases of gear/pets.

Off topic,

Nekro is a very OP pet. To this day, I will mainly use Nekro over SNS even if there's already a Nekro present. It's just so much more beneficial to have one compared to any other pet. Even without the shield, it has a larger terrify range than Samael, gives a terrific speed boost and slows opponents down significantly. The shield is amazing, yes, but even without the shield, the AA is still pretty darn good.

Additionally, I feel that the Nekro to SNS rule is highly exaggerated. In my experience, if there's 1 Nekro & 1 SNS & I have the option to add another Nekro or another SNS to clash, I'll always pick the second Nekro. Clashes at end game often DO last through the second shield and therefore it is more important to have a second shield rather than some damage pools that may not even hit your opponent.

Yes, others have made valid points like SNS pools should not stack with other SNS and frankly, there's logic and I cannot deny that. Heck, I dare say I might agree with it. However, one must keep in mind that Nekro has surpassed SNS is almost every aspect of the game excluding high leveled time runs or end game clashing. In TDM, there is no outright advantage to using SNS other than the healing pools. The pools are easily avoided even if there's stacking of SNS. So, really, there's only two small parts of the game where SNS is the lead pet. That is: clashes (& only after having a first and second Nekro present) & timed records in higher level maps. If you don't believe me, check how often I pull out my SNS over using my Nekro. In my videos, I hardly will use SNS over a Nekro.

So, is it really so bad that there's a pet that's dominant in two small aspects of the game? There are other time run maps to do that SNS is not useful in. Players still get a banner, so how does non-SNS prevent one from obtaining the same end result as an SNS player?

In clashes, I will generally stack a Nekro before a SNS for reasons already stated. There's about 2 videos where I use my SNS over my Nekro in a clash. Let us not forget that all pets eventually get replaced. Has anyone forgotten that Samael went through Nordr, Shuyal and most of Tindirin before relinquishing it's throne? The day will come for SNS one day too and I suspect it's soon.

My 2 cents.
    Nekro broke PvP. Giving one team stun immunity and no viable way to break the shield makes one team OP and the other food. Most rogues cannot afford to rush and try to break the shield with pure damage. Believe me, I have tried. In all honesty, I would rather face 3 sns and no nekro over 1 nekro no sns any day of the week. Even with sns, with a well time heal and a lucky crit, you can win the clash. With nekro, unless the enemy dps are ridiculously defensive, there is pretty much no hope.

For pve, especially pure arena, nekro and sns provide such a huge stat boost that they dominate those runs, and having a team of 1 nekro 3 sns or even 2-2 would annihilate tombs. Once the timers in arena came back, I had this naive notion that I would be able to get on arena lb, but you need a ring and ideally a nekro or sns for that.

What baffles me to this day is why sts made so many buff Nerf cycles with sns. It should have remained the way it was immediately after the ursoth event, when a single pool could not kill a tank. Stacking sns was such a huge error IMO. No other pet stacks, and when a pet with such a powerful aa stacks, it can wreck havoc. No pet should deal more damage than 4 rogues, which is what happens in arena if pools stack and we manage to lure boss into them.

Also, yes samael reigned for for to long, but having a samael in the opposing side never meant instant loss as is the case with nekro. I do not have much of a problem with sns because it is avoidable. It hard be hard in CTF maps, but it is possible. With nekro, you can't even out run it because it panic and slows you, simultaneously giving the enemy speed and stun immunity. It makes 1 team impossible to 1 combo or even stun while stunning the other team. It is unbelievably frustrating to shoot 2 full combos into a rogue with nekro shield, only to be 1 hit by a stray uncharged aimed. Playing against nekro, especially when the opponents are unskilled and win only because of nekro makes me want to throw my device against the wall. As of now, nothing can beat a player with nekro of the other player doesn't have one which is just stupid for a game where PvP is one for the main focuses.
    Last edited by Kingofninjas; 04-22-2015 at 08:29 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Nekro broke PvP. Giving one team stun immunity and no viable way to break the shield makes one team OP and the other food. Most rogues cannot afford to rush and try to break the shield with pure damage. Believe me, I have tried. In all honesty, I would rather face 3 sns and no nekro over 1 nekro no sns any day of the week. Even with sns, with a well time heal and a lucky crit, you can win the clash. With nekro, unless the enemy dps are ridiculously defensive, there is pretty much no hope.

For pve, especially pure arena, nekro and sns provide such a huge stat boost that they dominate those runs, and having a team of 1 nekro 3 sns or even 2-2 would annihilate tombs. Once the timers in arena came back, I had this naive notion that I would be able to get on arena lb, but you need a ring and ideally a nekro or sns for that.

What baffles me to this day is why sts made so many buff Nerf cycles with sns. It should have remained the way it was immediately after the ursoth event, when a single pool could not kill a tank. Stacking sns was such a huge error IMO. No other pet stacks, and when a pet with such a powerful aa stacks, it can wreck havoc. No pet should deal more damage than 4 rogues, which is what happens in arena if pools stack and we manage to lure boss into them.

Also, yes samael reigned for for to long, but having a samael in the opposing side never meant instant loss as is the case with nekro. I do not have much of a problem with sns because it is avoidable. It hard be hard in CTF maps, but it is possible. With nekro, you can't even out run it because it panic and slows you, simultaneously giving the enemy speed and stun immunity. It makes 1 team impossible to 1 combo or even stun while stunning the other team. It is unbelievably frustrating to shoot 2 full combos into a rogue with nekro shield, only to be 1 hit by a stray uncharged aimed. Playing against nekro, especially when the opponents are unskilled and win only because of nekro makes me want to throw my device against the wall. As of now, nothing can beat a player with nekro of the other player doesn't have one which is just stupid for a game where PvP is one for the main focuses.

Just as there are skills to prevent or reduce SNS pool damage, there should be made pets that disable a Nekro shield. Violet was a nice start, but I agree...there needs to be more.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Just as there are skills to prevent or reduce SNS pool damage, there should be made pets that disable a Nekro shield. Violet was a nice start, but I agree...there needs to be more.
    I still feel that when nekro shield absorbs a stun for you, after it saves you from lets say, 2 stuns, the shield needs to be broken. Or after saving you from the first stun the damage absorbed by the shield reduces to 25% and after taking the second one it vanishes all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Imagine 3 sns and 2 nekro in a team... That's much worse..
    Ppl dont stack Nekro bcoz the aa of nekro doesn't stack. They stack sns and along with sns they will use 1 or 2 nekro's. Thats something hard to encounter unless we ve the same combination of pets imo is tough to come across.. A player simply has to give up when an opponent has 3 sns n 2 nekro.. Even by stacking 5 nekro to encounter 3 sns n 2 nekro its not possible to survive unless the toons are controlled by robots .. A tank may try to survive bt not the other classes.
    Sts needs to find a solution and should control the domination of pets like Nekro n Sns.
    Last edited by Givemeahellyeah; 04-23-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I love the idea of giving ankh for the winning team. Also, I wish people automatically joined the team with less players in tdm and CTF, and if they don't do damage for 30 seconds, automatically removed from the map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Small suggestion here, but, maybe for all pets that can "banish", let them "banish" Nekro's shield in PVP....?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Small suggestion here, but, maybe for all pets that can "banish", let them "banish" Nekro's shield in PVP....?
    Wow! I love that idea!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I think this solution would simply make pets even more of a game changer. As of now, the only pets that banish are samael, nekro and maridos (grim doesnt count). These pets will become even more of a must have and further increase our reliance on them. I would much rather have a weapon has a proc which removes nekro shield or a pet with an aa that does so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I think this solution would simply make pets even more of a game changer. As of now, the only pets that banish are samael, nekro and maridos (grim doesnt count). These pets will become even more of a must have and further increase our reliance on them. I would much rather have a weapon has a proc which removes nekro shield or a pet with an aa that does so.
    In dat caze ill use u as a tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I gotta loves ya idea..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

You do realise that sns pools banish right? Its an endless cycle xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    You do realise that sns pools banish right? Its an endless cycle xD
    LOL LIA, yea which then lead back to SNS being Over Power then nerf thread then etc etc etc endless cycle indeed hahaha. Wait but Lia you can avoid from getting into sns pool xD hehe.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    It was an attempt to continue the samael era
    I do not own a Samael (and have no interest in buying one), it was more of a leap into to finding viable counters for the Nekro shield.
    Last edited by Visiting; 04-23-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I see. But Grimm shouldn't be able to banish a 50m shield. Imo, this pet is already becoming very common. Most teams I'm on (pve & pve) have 2-3 nekros already. In a few months it will cost 20m and half of Arlor will own one.
    Are you suggesting that a mythic rarity pet shouldn't have even a chance to surpass an arcane pet?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I see. But Grimm shouldn't be able to banish a 50m shield. Imo, this pet is already becoming very common. Most teams I'm on (pve & pve) have 2-3 nekros already. In a few months it will cost 20m and half of Arlor will own one.
    Shiny, not to derail your point or to criticize you personally, but I think the logic you are using exemplifies the delusion that a lot of forumers have about Arcane Legends. A vast majority of forum posts are from the perspective of those who have been playing for a long period of time, and those who tend to gather real influence in the forums are often very rich in game. What we fail to realize is that most of Arcane Legend players are very poor. We often hear about the incredible amount of downloads that AL gets from the various stores, but in all honesty where are those players now? The customer retention in AL seems extremely low (meaning that people who download and try AL tend to quit more often than they keep playing). Customer retention should be one of the top priorities of any company.

Point being, that a vast majority of the threads in the General Discussion and Player vs Player address items that will help the top percentage of players, and is not representing the average player base. Your point below really exemplifies this. When I play TDM/CTF, I feel terrible for the average player who has no chance. When I run elites with randoms they are so vastly undergeared, and undereducated about the best tips/tricks that I literally wonder why they even bother playing.
    Most teams I'm on (pve & pve) have 2-3 nekros already. In a few months it will cost 20m and half of Arlor will own one.
    With no income, and nothing profitable except Arena - which if you've played with legendary gear and mediocre experience will end up costing you a ton of ankhs - what do players have to look forward to? I loved the Halloween event because it actually gave players something notable to work towards. Grim!

Now what do they have? Planar Tombs? Locked Crates? zzz

I really behoove everyone on this forum to think about the future of our game and realize that we as the dedicated and active player base need to do more to promote the growth of this game by encouraging updates that will benefit all, not just us.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post: