Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Influence of Pet in Arcane Legends Over Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    Yes, I'm sure a warrior running using nekro and flagging would be easy to stop - if the game actually was played "capture the flag" the nekro nerf threads would be amazing.

I stopped playing this game for a reason. Almost all of the gear in game revolves around gambling. The amount of money some people spend on this game is staggering, but intended. And, honestly, no one from season 1,2,3 that is still playing is even playing the same game anymore - it's a similar feel but the cost threshold in order to come back into the game is mind boggling. In essence, the skeleton of the game remains, but the actual cladding is nothing but. There is no coming back from how the game evolved, and sadly, that's just how it is.

I would be happy if the code got out and someone put a version of AL out that is permanently capped at a lower season.
    i was not defending sns stacking (please see my previous posts) and nekro was designed to counter that so it s a wrong to right another wrong. it s a mess, i know that, but still the best choice stg could make.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

If STS doesn't make some changes people will just keep leaving and new players will only last until they see how hopeless it is to get good gear/good pet. Even if they do nekro and SNS are too op there is nothing that can compare with them. What happened to they days where AL was super popular. Right now AL is losing end game and new players at high rates. What would happen if this was fixed and things weren't about pets that almost can't be gotten, what if things weren't all about the pets? I think that if everything wasn't about pets and locks then AL would bring in new and old player's. Changing things is really the only good option now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    here s just another thought (i know this is a really really weird one):

if you guys would just consider playing ctf as the original intended tactical team game, sns wouldn t give anyone an advantage at all. you all deliberately choose to clash in the middle, then complain that sns is not designed and balanced for that abuse.
    please just spend half a minute thinking about that!
    Yea this indeed hit the spot lol.

Also to those who say there is nothing to farm anymore and only farm to get rich and not like the old days where we farm to earn pet and eggs and such. Who doesn't want to farm and get rich? and first of all there is ARENA, you can farm recipe which is at the same time a chance to open chest for Fossil, which you also then have to farm for the recipe to craft it into an egg. You missed the old days since season 2 and wish things stay the same old way. It's like asking the game to stand still and not make any progress, which as of right now the game is at a stand still with nothing new and everyone is complaining and quitting cause it's boring but at the same time waiting for expansion wanting new equip want new pets etc etc.

I believe sts is designing and making this game to suit everyone including new players, not just for the veterans and plus they do require some sort of income. Can't complain on free stuff, what more can you ask for. You can't expect a massive MMO to be perfectly balanced. Where there is good there is evil. It's only a matter of time when sns will get outdated just like samael. I don't ever remember seeing any complain about samael being over power or was it because it was in LOCKED?

So if everything is basically obtainable through locked, why even bother having sts making special events with special prizes. why not just tell sts to put all event banners and prizes and vanity and such to be in locked. wouldn't it be a lot easier? Someone out there bound to not be able to afford it. Would you rather have 95% of the players to have SNS and only 5% not able to get it?

one way or another everyone earned their stuff and pet. rather it's hard core grinding farming or just throw a lot of cash into the game. If SnS which apparently is by far the best of the best for everything and you want it in lock, wouldn't this make it a PAY TO WIN? what happen to those that doesn't even use real money period? or what happen if someone rich decide to start playing and basically can spend 2-3000 bucks and bam got the best of the best pet plus gears. Not that it isn't already a Pay to Win.

If this so to happen, then hell there are a lot of people willing to pay a fortune for vanities and collectible. Bring those old stuff from previous seasons 1-2-3 and put them in lock and have a chance as arcane rarity. Let me get a chance to obtain them also since I was never around for it. Also why does sts even bother with discontinuing item such as hooks and glacial/hammerjaw lol. just think about it.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ethyl is my go to pet, shiloh has that 12% speed boost like a baws

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I don't know why everyone thinks sns is that op. I find it much easier to play against sns that against nekro. Now sns and nekro is a killer combo but then again nekro is op on its own.

Now we are also complaining about pets being op in a pvp map that is not played as intended. Ofc sns is op when it stacks in those tiny ctf corridors but it wouldn't be that op if everyone played real ctf because it is easily dodged.

Sts makes these pets thinking people play real ctf when instead ctf map is used to do 5v5 inside some tiny corridors. Very little skill is needed when you play like that and ofc the team with the best gear usually wins.

There is absolutely no reward for winning the match by scoribg the 5 flags and absolutely no penalty for losing.

I asked multiple moderators about pvp balance and fixes anytime soon and the answer is always the same: we have no plans to change the pvp right now.

Its really obvious something is wrong, just search youtube for arcane legends ctf and see how many of those vids are real ctf: 0.

I still laugh at sts for making a pure pvp game. It is going to be a total failure if its managed the same as al pvp. I also laugh at remiem because when i ask her about things being added to the game she always responds with: we don't know how to code that stuff into the game. How can you make a game from scratch if you don't know how to code? Something is deffinitely fishy and as i said before, sts is in the business of making money not in the business of making great games.

If they ever add something to the game it is to create revenue like the crafting system or energy system for events that they are so proud of like they are some coding masterpieces.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 04-22-2015 at 07:30 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    I don't know why everyone thinks sns is that op. I find it much easier to play against sns that against nekro. Now sns and nekro is a killer combo but then again nekro is op on its own.

Now we are also complaining about pets being op in a pvp map that is not played as intended. Ofc sns is op when it stacks in those tiny ctf corridors but it wouldn't be that op if everyone played real ctf because it is easily dodged.

Sts makes these pets thinking peiple play real ctf when instead ctf map is used to do 5v5 inside some tiny corridors. Very little skill is needed when you play like that and ofc the team with the best gear usually wins.

Wow, never saw it from that point of view.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Just wish that there was a way to obtain these op pets!

Nothing worth working for or trying to get at the moment since the best pet has been discontinued.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Just wish that there was a way to obtain these op pets!

Nothing worth working for or trying to get at the moment since the best pet has been discontinued.
    almost half the people here comment saying nekro is equal to sns so start farming arena bella xD get it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lonakana View Post
    i disagree with pets being the key factor in timed runs, its all about which team uses macro and auto pots the best
    I've never run a macro or an autopot in my life. I don't play on chrome. Pets do make a massive difference in timed runs - however skill is still a factor, along with luck.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    In order to score in ctf, you still need to clash so the other team drops the flag. They're not just going to sit and watch you score, right? No, they're going to pick up the flag as well and at some point your team will collide with theirs and you will be forced to clash. The flag makes no difference. Sorry, but I don't follow.
    You know that the thing where both teams can't flag at the same time is just a gimmick by sts that was added thinking they will prevent free flagging and promote real ctf? Show me another game of ctf where you cannot flag at the same time as the opponent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    In order to score in ctf, you still need to clash so the other team drops the flag. They're not just going to sit and watch you score, right? No, they're going to pick up the flag as well and at some point your team will collide with theirs and you will be forced to clash. The flag makes no difference. Sorry, but I don't follow.
    yea the problem, lol if someone kill someone while flagging they end up calling and ganging/blocking etc which lead to drama.

If anything i think sts should just lock pvp room once it is filled 5/5 ctf and 4/4 tdm until it's finish or complete or when one side of the team leave and room automatically closed or at least reward something when one side is scored to 5 flag first, such as 1 ankh maybe, just a thought.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    yea the problem, lol if someone kill someone while flagging they end up calling and ganging/blocking etc which lead to drama.

If anything i think sts should just lock pvp room once it is filled 5/5 ctf and 4/4 tdm until it's finish or complete or when one side of the team leave and room automatically closed or at least reward something when one side is scored to 5 flag first, such as 1 ankh maybe, just a thought.
    People love stats, you don't have to give ankhs, just numbers. We have kill death ratio but no win lose ratio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

On topic,

Yes, Raw. Pets have become more and more prevalent in AL. Unfortunately, in order to compete, you and other players are going to have to keep up and purchase new pets. I realized this a long time ago & thus, purchased every arcane pet.

Obviously, STG is not going to change anything as it requires too much effort this late in the game. However, what STG could do is release a new type of PvP arena, one where only certain gear and pets are allowed. These pets and gear would be able to be purchased in kit form from the platinum store to be used in the arena or sold on CS. This way, everybody has an equal chance at PvP in that specific map. This would also earn platinum through the purchases of gear/pets.

Off topic,

Nekro is a very OP pet. To this day, I will mainly use Nekro over SNS even if there's already a Nekro present. It's just so much more beneficial to have one compared to any other pet. Even without the shield, it has a larger terrify range than Samael, gives a terrific speed boost and slows opponents down significantly. The shield is amazing, yes, but even without the shield, the AA is still pretty darn good.

Additionally, I feel that the Nekro to SNS rule is highly exaggerated. In my experience, if there's 1 Nekro & 1 SNS & I have the option to add another Nekro or another SNS to clash, I'll always pick the second Nekro. Clashes at end game often DO last through the second shield and therefore it is more important to have a second shield rather than some damage pools that may not even hit your opponent.

Yes, others have made valid points like SNS pools should not stack with other SNS and frankly, there's logic and I cannot deny that. Heck, I dare say I might agree with it. However, one must keep in mind that Nekro has surpassed SNS is almost every aspect of the game excluding high leveled time runs or end game clashing. In TDM, there is no outright advantage to using SNS other than the healing pools. The pools are easily avoided even if there's stacking of SNS. So, really, there's only two small parts of the game where SNS is the lead pet. That is: clashes (& only after having a first and second Nekro present) & timed records in higher level maps. If you don't believe me, check how often I pull out my SNS over using my Nekro. In my videos, I hardly will use SNS over a Nekro.

So, is it really so bad that there's a pet that's dominant in two small aspects of the game? There are other time run maps to do that SNS is not useful in. Players still get a banner, so how does non-SNS prevent one from obtaining the same end result as an SNS player?

In clashes, I will generally stack a Nekro before a SNS for reasons already stated. There's about 2 videos where I use my SNS over my Nekro in a clash. Let us not forget that all pets eventually get replaced. Has anyone forgotten that Samael went through Nordr, Shuyal and most of Tindirin before relinquishing it's throne? The day will come for SNS one day too and I suspect it's soon.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-22-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    On topic,

Yes, Raw. Pets have become more and more prevalent in AL. Unfortunately, in order to compete, you and other players are going to have to keep up and purchase new pets. I realized this a long time ago & thus, purchased every arcane pet.

Obviously, STG is not going to change anything as it requires too much effort this late in the game. However, what STG could do is release a new type of PvP arena, one where only certain gear and pets are allowed. These pets and gear would be able to be purchased in kit form from the platinum store to be used in the arena or sold on CS. This way, everybody has an equal chance at PvP in that specific map. This would also earn platinum through the purchases of gear/pets.

Off topic,

Nekro is a very OP pet. To this day, I will mainly use Nekro over SNS even if there's already a Nekro present. It's just so much more beneficial to have one compared to any other pet. Even without the shield, it has a larger terrify range than Samael, gives a terrific speed boost and slows opponents down significantly. The shield is amazing, yes, but even without the shield, the AA is still pretty darn good.

Additionally, I feel that the Nekro to SNS rule is highly exaggerated. In my experience, if there's 1 Nekro & 1 SNS & I have the option to add another Nekro or another SNS to clash, I'll always pick the second Nekro. Clashes at end game often DO last through the second shield and therefore it is more important to have a second shield rather than some damage pools that may not even hit your opponent.

Yes, others have made valid points like SNS pools should not stack with other SNS and frankly, there's logic and I cannot deny that. Heck, I dare say I might agree with it. However, one must keep in mind that Nekro has surpassed SNS is almost every aspect of the game excluding high leveled time runs or end game clashing. In TDM, there is no outright advantage to using SNS other than the healing pools. The pools are easily avoided even if there's stacking of SNS. So, really, there's only two small parts of the game where SNS is the lead pet. That is: clashes (& only after having a first and second Nekro present) & timed records in higher level maps. If you don't believe me, check how often I pull out my SNS over using my Nekro. In my videos, I hardly will use SNS over a Nekro.

So, is it really so bad that there's a pet that's dominant in two small aspects of the game? There are other time run maps to do that SNS is not useful in. Players still get a banner, so how does non-SNS prevent one from obtaining the same end result as an SNS player?

In clashes, I will generally stack a Nekro before a SNS for reasons already stated. There's about 2 videos where I use my SNS over my Nekro in a clash. Let us not forget that all pets eventually get replaced. Has anyone forgotten that Samael went through Nordr, Shuyal and most of Tindirin before relinquishing it's throne? The day will come for SNS one day too and I suspect it's soon.

My 2 cents.
    Nekro broke PvP. Giving one team stun immunity and no viable way to break the shield makes one team OP and the other food. Most rogues cannot afford to rush and try to break the shield with pure damage. Believe me, I have tried. In all honesty, I would rather face 3 sns and no nekro over 1 nekro no sns any day of the week. Even with sns, with a well time heal and a lucky crit, you can win the clash. With nekro, unless the enemy dps are ridiculously defensive, there is pretty much no hope.

For pve, especially pure arena, nekro and sns provide such a huge stat boost that they dominate those runs, and having a team of 1 nekro 3 sns or even 2-2 would annihilate tombs. Once the timers in arena came back, I had this naive notion that I would be able to get on arena lb, but you need a ring and ideally a nekro or sns for that.

What baffles me to this day is why sts made so many buff Nerf cycles with sns. It should have remained the way it was immediately after the ursoth event, when a single pool could not kill a tank. Stacking sns was such a huge error IMO. No other pet stacks, and when a pet with such a powerful aa stacks, it can wreck havoc. No pet should deal more damage than 4 rogues, which is what happens in arena if pools stack and we manage to lure boss into them.

Also, yes samael reigned for for to long, but having a samael in the opposing side never meant instant loss as is the case with nekro. I do not have much of a problem with sns because it is avoidable. It hard be hard in CTF maps, but it is possible. With nekro, you can't even out run it because it panic and slows you, simultaneously giving the enemy speed and stun immunity. It makes 1 team impossible to 1 combo or even stun while stunning the other team. It is unbelievably frustrating to shoot 2 full combos into a rogue with nekro shield, only to be 1 hit by a stray uncharged aimed. Playing against nekro, especially when the opponents are unskilled and win only because of nekro makes me want to throw my device against the wall. As of now, nothing can beat a player with nekro of the other player doesn't have one which is just stupid for a game where PvP is one for the main focuses.
    Last edited by Kingofninjas; 04-22-2015 at 08:29 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post

I love the idea of giving ankh for the winning team. Also, I wish people automatically joined the team with less players in tdm and CTF, and if they don't do damage for 30 seconds, automatically removed from the map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Nekro broke PvP. Giving one team stun immunity and no viable way to break the shield makes one team OP and the other food. Most rogues cannot afford to rush and try to break the shield with pure damage. Believe me, I have tried. In all honesty, I would rather face 3 sns and no nekro over 1 nekro no sns any day of the week. Even with sns, with a well time heal and a lucky crit, you can win the clash. With nekro, unless the enemy dps are ridiculously defensive, there is pretty much no hope.

For pve, especially pure arena, nekro and sns provide such a huge stat boost that they dominate those runs, and having a team of 1 nekro 3 sns or even 2-2 would annihilate tombs. Once the timers in arena came back, I had this naive notion that I would be able to get on arena lb, but you need a ring and ideally a nekro or sns for that.

What baffles me to this day is why sts made so many buff Nerf cycles with sns. It should have remained the way it was immediately after the ursoth event, when a single pool could not kill a tank. Stacking sns was such a huge error IMO. No other pet stacks, and when a pet with such a powerful aa stacks, it can wreck havoc. No pet should deal more damage than 4 rogues, which is what happens in arena if pools stack and we manage to lure boss into them.

Also, yes samael reigned for for to long, but having a samael in the opposing side never meant instant loss as is the case with nekro. I do not have much of a problem with sns because it is avoidable. It hard be hard in CTF maps, but it is possible. With nekro, you can't even out run it because it panic and slows you, simultaneously giving the enemy speed and stun immunity. It makes 1 team impossible to 1 combo or even stun while stunning the other team. It is unbelievably frustrating to shoot 2 full combos into a rogue with nekro shield, only to be 1 hit by a stray uncharged aimed. Playing against nekro, especially when the opponents are unskilled and win only because of nekro makes me want to throw my device against the wall. As of now, nothing can beat a player with nekro of the other player doesn't have one which is just stupid for a game where PvP is one for the main focuses.

Just as there are skills to prevent or reduce SNS pool damage, there should be made pets that disable a Nekro shield. Violet was a nice start, but I agree...there needs to be more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Small suggestion here, but, maybe for all pets that can "banish", let them "banish" Nekro's shield in PVP....?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Small suggestion here, but, maybe for all pets that can "banish", let them "banish" Nekro's shield in PVP....?
    Wow! I love that idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

There is no going back from where this game is now. Too late for this.

The whole idea of creating a pet to "counter" another pet is just laughable. I know some people truly believe in the fairy tale about how Nekro was buffed to counter SnS. Nekro was buffed, because a small group of owners just couldn't stop whining. Maybe it's time we start whining about another pet that "counters" Nekro. I'll steal Ral's idea and suggest a pet that doesn't just banish Nekro's shield, but Nekro itself. Or why not a pet that banishes all other pets. Then after another outbreak of whining - a pet that grants immunity to banish. Then.. well, we will think of something.

And while we are at it, let's not forget pve too. A pet that banishes bosses. Only for people who "put a lot of time and effort to obtain it". Transferable once. For a chosen few.

That's how ridiculous things are in this game right now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Just as there are skills to prevent or reduce SNS pool damage, there should be made pets that disable a Nekro shield. Violet was a nice start, but I agree...there needs to be more.
    I still feel that when nekro shield absorbs a stun for you, after it saves you from lets say, 2 stuns, the shield needs to be broken. Or after saving you from the first stun the damage absorbed by the shield reduces to 25% and after taking the second one it vanishes all together.