Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50000 Kills Achieved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Not with your speed! You must have gained what, 5k within a few hours?

Good on you!
    I think its like 10k an hour. With my help almost 15k an hour. He is fast lol
    character i play the most is zoridyon, on star legends and pocket legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Gratz Lovenus, Cant wait to see you on PvE kills board too^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Gratz Lovenus, Cant wait to see you on PvE kills board too^^
    Thanks david. It will take some time though.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Just so you know I'm stalking all the people leaderboards. Jk haha you asked me to power lvl your lvl 1 before you probably know me... add me

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

If anyone has any tips for me to get on pvp leaderboards and pve + become a guardian of alterra message me or reply to this cuz I'm really not that good at the game now. I wanna improve. I've got a dexchantress credit to a person I forgot the name of for making it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Leaderboards: Well, basically to be on the leaderboards, you just have to play a lot. Just constantly play whatever leaderboards you are trying to achieve.

Gaurdian of Alterra: As stated by Snakespeare (and very well put if I may add) don't think it's about being "good". Let me quote:

"So, first, they want feedback. We do know that they listen. They also want feedback a certain way, as in save the drama for your mama. That' why it says "constructive" twice. In this regard, it would not be wise to encourage a troll to say that the devs are "ruining the game" and so forth, or to threaten to quit if the devs don't make some sort of change that benefits you economically. That's not feedback, it's whining, and there is a lot of it going around. Arguing against other people's feedback by calling them names or in other ways deriding them is another thing that happens too much. New players, especially, are going to say things we've said months ago, and telling them just get over it noob is really anti-community. So the opposites are better. Encourage feedback, don't criticize it. If I disagree about some nerf the devs have done, I should stay level-headed in my opinion. I should remember that, if someone disagrees with me, their opinion is equal to mine, and it is up to the devs to figure out what to do with both points of view.

Second, they mention reporting. I do report offensive things. I am not a saint. My poetry is really for the 18+ crowd. But I find racism offensive and always report it, as well as any anti-women derogatory talk. I don't report the occasional slip when someone can't resist a swear word when something doesn't work out. That would be hypocritical of me. I am like the Dad in Christmas Story and his furnace sometimes, and I can forgive a lot of that. But hate is intolerable and I do report it whenever I see it. I have also reported threads when one teenage boy insults another teenage boy by implying that he is gay. I imagine other people who were given shields have reported things that are different from what I have reported, but apparently that is part of the expectation.

Third they listed player run events. Since I never did one of these, I think it expands actually to information collection and distribution, too. I am no sure what I have done in this area to merit a shield, so I will guess. I think possibly my old thread called "Why I disabled XP on some characters" was probably the first post encouraging PvE twinking, and we are now finding that low level farming is based around PvE twinking. Another whole set of posts I made concerned sportsmanship and netiquette in public maps. We all know that Yanis got one for second place in a contest, but I am sure he would have gotten one anyway because of his willingness to share information.

And lastly, there's "be helpful". Well, we all know this is why Royce got one, and Fluff, too. Theres probably no better way to explain the concept than to say, let these guys be your role models.

So that's it. It's not really about "being good". That should be the normal condition. It is about going above and beyond. And I agree that several more folks go above and beyond. But I think suggesting names should be done in PMs to the devs. And when you do make these back-channel suggestions, give good reasons based on these points. I was told "we have our list, but we are open to suggestions", so do suggest! Just be sure to build a good case. The person you are suggesting is worth the effort, right?"

Becoming a Guardian of Alterra takes time, effort, generosity, and much much more. The Devs choose the Guardians themselves, and only give it to those who are well deserving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Congratulations!!!
    it would look SOO much better if you had the quests completed.. and the ones that show arent even hard D:
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Leaderboards: Well, basically to be on the leaderboards, you just have to play a lot. Just constantly play whatever leaderboards you are trying to achieve.

Gaurdian of Alterra: As stated by Snakespeare (and very well put if I may add) don't think it's about being "good". Let me quote:

"So, first, they want feedback. We do know that they listen. They also want feedback a certain way, as in save the drama for your mama. That' why it says "constructive" twice. In this regard, it would not be wise to encourage a troll to say that the devs are "ruining the game" and so forth, or to threaten to quit if the devs don't make some sort of change that benefits you economically. That's not feedback, it's whining, and there is a lot of it going around. Arguing against other people's feedback by calling them names or in other ways deriding them is another thing that happens too much. New players, especially, are going to say things we've said months ago, and telling them just get over it noob is really anti-community. So the opposites are better. Encourage feedback, don't criticize it. If I disagree about some nerf the devs have done, I should stay level-headed in my opinion. I should remember that, if someone disagrees with me, their opinion is equal to mine, and it is up to the devs to figure out what to do with both points of view.

Second, they mention reporting. I do report offensive things. I am not a saint. My poetry is really for the 18+ crowd. But I find racism offensive and always report it, as well as any anti-women derogatory talk. I don't report the occasional slip when someone can't resist a swear word when something doesn't work out. That would be hypocritical of me. I am like the Dad in Christmas Story and his furnace sometimes, and I can forgive a lot of that. But hate is intolerable and I do report it whenever I see it. I have also reported threads when one teenage boy insults another teenage boy by implying that he is gay. I imagine other people who were given shields have reported things that are different from what I have reported, but apparently that is part of the expectation.

Third they listed player run events. Since I never did one of these, I think it expands actually to information collection and distribution, too. I am no sure what I have done in this area to merit a shield, so I will guess. I think possibly my old thread called "Why I disabled XP on some characters" was probably the first post encouraging PvE twinking, and we are now finding that low level farming is based around PvE twinking. Another whole set of posts I made concerned sportsmanship and netiquette in public maps. We all know that Yanis got one for second place in a contest, but I am sure he would have gotten one anyway because of his willingness to share information.

And lastly, there's "be helpful". Well, we all know this is why Royce got one, and Fluff, too. Theres probably no better way to explain the concept than to say, let these guys be your role models.

So that's it. It's not really about "being good". That should be the normal condition. It is about going above and beyond. And I agree that several more folks go above and beyond. But I think suggesting names should be done in PMs to the devs. And when you do make these back-channel suggestions, give good reasons based on these points. I was told "we have our list, but we are open to suggestions", so do suggest! Just be sure to build a good case. The person you are suggesting is worth the effort, right?"

Becoming a Guardian of Alterra takes time, effort, generosity, and much much more. The Devs choose the Guardians themselves, and only give it to those who are well deserving.
    Doing one is simple but all is hard if being helpful and reporting were one of the only things to do then me and patawto and everyone else would be guardians it's just not that simple I hope one day I become a guardian of Alterra. I have 1 question tho why is being a guardian so cool besides the shield and honor? If anyone knows the stats of the shield pls post it. I know everyone suggests this but the dev team should make pets and houses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Love, How many hours of sleep do you get a day? You're killing me with your kills! With your speed, I wouldn't mind staying behind you. I need a life outside of PL. ha, ha

BTW, when I (Cavarian) spoke to you in town, you were friendly and social. Also, thanks for the invite!

Congratulations for being a Guardian!!!
    Last edited by Chant; 04-10-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    Chantylily - Mage, Chanterella - Archer, Chantankie - Bear
    Chantylily - Vampy & Sorcerer, Chant - Engineer, Chanty - Operative, Chantanky - Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon97 View Post
    I think its like 10k an hour. With my help almost 15k an hour. He is fast lol
    I'll pay you 1M gold if Lovenus can kill 15K in one hour with only your help!
    Chantylily - Mage, Chanterella - Archer, Chantankie - Bear
    Chantylily - Vampy & Sorcerer, Chant - Engineer, Chanty - Operative, Chantanky - Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    Congratulations!!!
    it would look SOO much better if you had the quests completed.. and the ones that show arent even hard D:
    Hi giayuan. I think you forgot about level requirements for those incomplete quests. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats there Lovenus!
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    Love, How many hours of sleep do you get a day? You're killing me with your kills! With your speed, I wouldn't mind staying behind you. I need a life outside of PL. ha, ha

BTW, when I (Cavarian) spoke to you in town, you were friendly and social. Also, thanks for the invite!

Congratulations for being a Guardian!!!
    Haha. Hey Chant! ^^ I'm not that fast. It was really nice chatting with you too and I apologise for the mistake in addressing you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    Congrats there Lovenus!
    Thanks bro. Please visit BH forum and follow the steps. We have made some new changes. ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenus View Post
    Thanks bro. Please visit BH forum and follow the steps. We have made some new changes. ^^
    Yes sir. Right away.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    Just so you know I'm stalking all the people leaderboards. Jk haha you asked me to power lvl your lvl 1 before you probably know me... add me
    Hey Swim. Welcome to Brotherhood!

PVE Leaderboard - Play more. Bring more potions and disable exp gain in options. Be aware of lag and logout immediately if ping shoots high.

PVP Leaderboard - Play 1v1 only. Btw, I got my PVP stats before Christmas. ^^

Guardian of Alterra - There's no real formulas. Just be helpful in every aspect, be friendly at all times and try to help the community by teaching them what you know. ^^

You should be doing good after this.
    Last edited by Lovenus; 04-10-2011 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Congrats!
    Hurry Brotherhood!!
    Last edited by Htiek; 04-13-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swim View Post
    Doing one is simple but all is hard if being helpful and reporting were one of the only things to do then me and patawto and everyone else would be guardians it's just not that simple I hope one day I become a guardian of Alterra. I have 1 question tho why is being a guardian so cool besides the shield and honor? If anyone knows the stats of the shield pls post it. I know everyone suggests this but the dev team should make pets and houses
    That's why you must go above and beyond the requirements. Go check out the main Guardians of Alterra thread for all of the requirements, because it is much, much more than just reporting and being helpful. As for why being a Guardian is so cool: Someone who is chosen, out of all of the members of PL, to become a Guardian because of their good deeds. There are only a few Guardians out of the entire PL population, so it is obviously very special. The shield's stats aren't outstanding. It is meant to show that you are a Guardian (and attract a crowd).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great job love! did IIIkingIII die? i think he had over 100k in kills but now he isn't one the leaderboards..

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Cograts Lovenus for your achievement!

P.S.
    I've added you in my friends list only now because I didn't know you had a twink of lvl 12 I thought it was an imposter