Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sts team.... I love your game. I have spent some time playing and I have to say I do NOT like gcd. I used to be able to solo with style. As a 53+ in bear/bird/ and Mage I enjoy doing solo runs. Now it has become incredibly tedious. It's made solo playing crawl at turtle speed. Before I would plunge into a crowd of 5-10 and have to be on my toes to stay alive. Now I have to pull them one by one or I'm getting my hind end kicked!! A 55 pure str bear should be able to solo plasma pyramid no problem.....just no fun anymore.

I'm confident y'all will get it right...this game has consistently rocked since I started playing. Thanks for all your hard work.
    -Matt
    Last edited by Kopio1972; 04-12-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    And that is using 3x pots but you are thinking that the pots will last for the whole run. Unless is a really good team they will take much longer. And if the person is using 2x pots it will take well.... even longer

I was leveling my bird to 56 guess now I won't use elixirs unless I am on hideout. GCD could be great but the implementation so far isn't.
    Yeah, I forgot that the elixir doesn't last past Gold Fever anymore, lol. GF on 3x pot gives 18-21 XP, so I guess deduct it down to 6-7 XP per GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Honestly, when I play PL, I'm not paying attention to time at all. Sometimes I look up at the clock and think "Holy Crap", hours have passed. You guys are stopwatching the time and comparing the differences and all but in practice and play, that 2 minute difference isn't even noticeable to me. If you didn't tell me that it took 2 minutes longer than pre-GCD to finish the run, I wouldn't even notice. Basically, it's the equivalent of a pre-GCD run where I stop to type a few comments. Or the the mage dies and I'm waiting for the mage to run back to the boss. It's not that big of a deal. It only seems like a big deal when you're stopwatching it and recording the times. PL is fun for me. I dont notice the time when I'm having fun.
    Totally understandable, but I'm just very methodical in how I play, especially in terms of time efficiency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like I should be glad I'm not playing right now.

I logged in to buy the new emotes and test the GCD, and unless it gets changed or tweaked, I'm going to really have to get used to dying more. As I'm playing 55 and 56 exclusively...no good.

I was hoping that the king and queen armors would get the set bonus, as they're trailing the gem pinks in power. Also, they're all severely lacking in an off-hand item. They're kind of rinky-dink now. They're so dang hard to get too! Also, I was hoping the crowns would substitute for the set head piece for set bonuses...but no. I was also trying to avoid the crafted pieces. eh.

Ugh...the economy is gonna get even worse. BS pinks will be even slower in coming, so the prices will skyrocket even more. gold farming is going to dry up, so less money. I was thinking that farming Hideout for gold would be lucrative, as the drop numbers for gold in a full group are great, but now there's no way to do it effectively. As the economy is not based on any sort of dev regulations, there will be no way to stop this.

ugh.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I believe the GCD can be worked on and developed to balance the game a little more. From a pvp perspective I dislike it. Why does every class have the SAME cooldown? That is like starting every class w the exact same stats. Mages, bears, and birds fight different so why not different cool down rates. More specifically why does EVERY spell casted effect EVERY other spell including buffs and debuffs. There has to be a better medium for this, character specific. I did not like multi toucher birds, but in all honesty I would prefer to fight multi birds rather than deal with a poorly developed GCD system. The only reason I say poorly (no offense I know you guys work hard) is because it is universal, not class specific. only thing I like is that birds can not one shot anything they touch. All the had to do was unleash arrows and dead. Now they may need to finally kite, use root to stop advance/get away, or repel to interrupt enemy combos. In short please consider different cool down rates for each class and not make any spell cause the cool down effect to all spells including buffs, debuffs, heals, rev etc. Thank you.
    As I stated before in another post about the fart emote pack. I find it annoying, obnoxious and simply counter productive to the mission statememt I read and see everytime I come on. That statement is "Innappropriate behavior will not be tolerated" Why enable and encourage crude behavior? A solution would be to have the option of ignoring certain emotes, like a check list in options. Very much obliged. Sincerily, Mitchy D.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

One thing I noticed, dunno if been discussed, but my spells on the far right side are brighter than the middle or far left side....makes things a bit confusing, I'm on the iPad.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    Devs, removing multitouch doesn't have to mean to slow down gameplay. First time ever... i thought in game "should I rev the dead player or heal the group". Please reconsider finding a better solution without GCD.
    EXACTLY. That's why the thing is so bad. CHANGE IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Guys .. what face should I buy for my bird ? =P
    Eagle! (is this new?)

Or Penguin!
    The parakeet seems to girly for me...
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default My Extended Review

MY REVIEW:
    Ok, so after playing and tinkering with the update a bit. This is what I noticed. People are getting frustrated because of the GCD. People are getting even more frustrated because they can't join games through the friend's list. On top of that, even more frustration is added with the fart pack's constantly being fired off in towne. (I'm guilty of doing a few myself).

MY SUGGESTIONS:
    • Tested it with a .25 second Cooldown. GCD seems great with a .15-.25 second cooldown.
    • Would be great for a Hide Emote Option. Sometimes, players don't want to ignore the player itself, just the emotes he is making. So /ignore emotes would be great.
    • PvP.... Dex elf's now rule PvP. Why? Drain life plus one shot from a raid roach recurve set= Dead
    • Archer's need to be buffed up a little. They only lasted before because they had speed to make up for the lack of defense.
    • Elfs need to be tuned down a little. Their buffs are a bit overpowered especially now that they can hit extremely hard.
    • Fix the Join/Host.
    • Entry Screen needs to be changed back. The new one is VERY inconvenient.
    • While your at it, in game notifcations about an item in your CS selling would be great.
    • If you want to keep the GCD for cooldown, consider scaling down the mob's health and defense even more. Just to keep the game fast paced.
    • People really want Sewer King Sets, kindly consider adding them in.
    • When you said New Set Bonuses, people didn't think you meant just editing the set bonuses already there, now they feel robbed. Would be appreciated if you made completely new ones.
    • I'll add more when I can think of more.

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE UPDATE:
    • The faces, they are all lovely.
    • I love the pool and Oasis Towne
    • The godly aura's area nice touch.
    • Love the new log in screen.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    One thing I noticed, dunno if been discussed, but my spells on the far right side are brighter than the middle or far left side....makes things a bit confusing, I'm on the iPad.
    I noticed the same thing just thought it was my brightness setting. Also, mana regen over 15 is useless for everything except mana shield now

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-I like the GCD so far but its a little too slow, maybe lower it down a lil and raise our dmg or lower mob hp.
    -New Faces look ballin
    -Oasis town looks sick, a health thing recovery I think is much more needed @ forest haven for new players

Good update devs, GCD is the only issue so far for most people

And which "sewer equipment" actuallly has new bonuses? I know my fortified got new bonus and green sparkles but what else? Can u pls make a list

Glad I lvld to 56 before update, can't imagine how hard it is now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I was going to make a new topic but I figured it will get closed and redirected here lol so...

Regarding new faces...

Not all the pre-1.7.1 faces are for 5 gold. War Hawk was for 5 plat still and I really didn't like that. Gah I'm wasting plat over indecision. x.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I am not gonna jump on the "GCD sucks!" bandwagon, because it has some potential.....but this is spot on. Nothing felt smooth. Part of it is unfamilarity, but even when you get into a rhythm, it is totally choppy feeling in PvE at least. We were even trying to stay together so our skills would complement each other, and it was just underwhelming with a 0.5 sec delay.
    Having had run a few BS levels, I totally agree with this, and with the buffs too. Since they affect the GCD, it would make much sense to make them last longer, possibly for an entire level duration (3 - 5 minutes?). Naturally when you die, buff goes with you, you have to rebuff after you get revived or respawn. It is quite a pain to have to rebuff myself DURING combat and making me lose a step to perform a combo just so I can rebuff. Thats the only beef I have with the GCD, other than that, I can still perform combos normally, just need to coordinate properly with a mage for the nature strike.
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    It just doesn't seem fair to those who haven't reached 56 prior to the release of GCD. The difference between a 3 minute run and a 5 minute makes a huge difference in terms of XP per hour.

Prior to GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 14.38 hours of playing to level to 56.

Post-GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 20.55 hours of playing to level to 56.

It sorta stinks for those players who haven't reached 56/Crown status yet.
    I agree this stinks for people who didn't already level to 56, but this is one of those things... If you get it while it's hot then you may reap the rewards or suffer the consequences (like faces that are 5g now instead of 5 plat). There is no real fix for this, just have to suck it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is ridicules, we need more than a single thread to discuss this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

please revert the global cooldown nonsense.. i cant pvp like i used to, clear dungeons, and taking out the sewer queen is a huuuuuuge pain. I died in fathom crypts b/c of not being able to use spellls (level 55). i know u guys prob get sick n tired of these complaints but please look more into this gcd thing and remove it. thank you=)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    It just doesn't seem fair to those who haven't reached 56 prior to the release of GCD. The difference between a 3 minute run and a 5 minute makes a huge difference in terms of XP per hour.

Prior to GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 14.38 hours of playing to level to 56.

Post-GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 20.55 hours of playing to level to 56.

It sorta stinks for those players who haven't reached 56/Crown status yet.
    Phys, you are awesome.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this is ridicules, we need more than a single thread to discuss this
    A single thread is sufficient if you're talking to the devs and want your voice to be heard; however if you want other players to hear your opinion and perhaps add some insight and bounce ideas back and forth then this single thread idea is a bit stifling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

MY REVIEW:
    Ok, so after playing and tinkering with the update a bit. This is what I noticed. People are getting frustrated because of the GCD. People are getting even more frustrated because they can't join games through the friend's list. On top of that, even more frustration is added with the fart pack's constantly being fired off in towne. (I'm guilty of doing a few myself).

MY SUGGESTIONS:
    • Tested it with a .25 second Cooldown. GCD seems great with a .15-.25 second cooldown.
    • Would be great for a Hide Emote Option. Sometimes, players don't want to ignore the player itself, just the emotes he is making. So /ignore emotes would be great.
    • PvP.... Dex elf's now rule PvP. Why? Drain life plus one shot from a raid roach recurve set= Dead
    • Archer's need to be buffed up a little. They only lasted before because they had speed to make up for the lack of defense.
    • Elfs need to be tuned down a little. Their buffs are a bit overpowered especially now that they can hit extremely hard.
    • Fix the Join/Host.
    • Entry Screen needs to be changed back. The new one is VERY inconvenient.
    • While your at it, in game notifcations about an item in your CS selling would be great.
    • If you want to keep the GCD for cooldown, consider scaling down the mob's health and defense even more. Just to keep the game fast paced.
    • People really want Sewer King Sets, kindly consider adding them in.
    • When you said New Set Bonuses, people didn't think you meant just editing the set bonuses already there, now they feel robbed. Would be appreciated if you made completely new ones.
    • I'll add more when I can think of more.

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE UPDATE:
    • The faces, they are all lovely.
    • I love the pool and Oasis Towne
    • The godly aura's area nice touch.
    • Love the new log in screen.

REPOST for anybody who didn't see. It got lost so fast....
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

New York... can't you just read my accent?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post
    20 minutes in...initial thoughts...
    1. New faces...ok Can you save faces you buy? Or do u have to buy again if you decide to switch back to something?

2. Backflip kicks a**! AGREED! Farts are funny for 2 seconds, but the one that jumps the screen really isnt friendly to those with eye issues... really makes me dizzy

3. Opening screen not easier for me. I can't figure out how to get global map without first entering world...annoying. I like to jump into a game from main screen...not go to town first.

4. Graphics and lighting clarity are very nice. When dealing with the DEBUFFS I can't see them too dark

5. I look like I am moonwalking when I kite....weird visual effect...not sure if I like it or not. Almost looks like my mage is on a roller track or something. Hurts eyes a little, totally get that!

6. Can't see that there are bonus sets when I put on sewer queen gear. same here

7. Very much wish that my persistence crown would have worked into my mega mage set....and that it would have turned into a tiara I like the way the crown looks as 56, but wish it worked as a bonus for both sewer queen and the megamage

8. Finally....GCD. Hmmmm.....well you guys will definately be selling more health pots.
    The 0.5 sec cooldown seems a little long atm. Might be because it is new but it just doesn't "feel right".
    I hope to acclimate quickly because right now I feel like noob.
    Ok...going back in. Will give more feedback as I have it
    that is EXACTLY how I feel... I worked hard to get to 56... and I feel that the whole cool down now has me redoing the way I play. I was quick with combos and now I'm rarely seeing them at all. I also don't like that now with the king and queen you can't pull one out at a time and work as a team to kill. Really not happy with that part of the update at all. Also I have a lot of strong friends and it took us a LOT longer to kill guys that we used to blast through, not as fun as it was, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

The update pluses i love the new faces, the oasis town with pool is a fun added feature, the new log in and grqphics are great.

I have spent the past two hours in my various accounts trying the new GCS.. As a mage I honestley felt usless, i have to choose between health and rez, mage fighting power without skills is very low, The frusturation of trying to use skills with cool down with all honesty was frusturation on an elevated level. Beyond extreme frustration i feel there is going to be a very high influx of booting about to occure, Any low lvl who dreams of entering a sewer map with upper players will be booted not due to low dps withoutnreguard to skill, the lower lvls i speak of are not below 50. Already people are booting lvl 50-54 quickley from a map. This is just an added consideration with GCS, though I am all for teaching people game play having to teach players every round on how to use skills as a group would come to a point of why run a map.

My 52 dex ran into issues as well with the GCS with the extended times dexs are now sitting ducks with the dead mages. Mages are going to stop healing and rezing when faced with choosing a buff, self preservation or heal vs rez.

I ran my 31 bear they are also a bit diffrent a bear who uses iron blood and has to wait to stomp in mist of a mob lets just say many players are on the floor.

Pvp the GCS I am not decided yet on the GCS for this, I have to go back and spend more time trying it out.

The overall player satisfaction while running maps since update..... There are many very upset and angry players making game play at the moment a lack of fun. The complaints are all simular....

Im not sure there is enough beno and pepto to eleiviate the sudden influx of intestinal issues going on in game lol
    Must my screen move for these fart emotes? seriousley? Lmao ?....

Though only hours have passed I realize you all are working for the better of the game and players, Your work is to be commended and appreciated.

Another idea to pass to all, is there a way to let us keep the faces we purchase? We spend plat on them this is our life money, to keep purchased faces in our vanity section like hats so that when we purchase a new face we dont loose what was already paid for?
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa