Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Upgrade to Level 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb

Maybe add some macro detection code too... it seems detecting same combination of commands wouldn't be that hard to discover???

Perhaps could even make the code call out the user to type in some random word to prove they are human too??? Just thinking out loud here.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This is the reason they took away free plat level 2-10 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Its important that new players keep the game installed and continue to log in and play.

I think that unfortunately, the percentage of brand new players who start playing only to get bored when they reach level 20 and quit is probably, unfortunately, quite high.

This option gives sts a chance to keep the players who are most likely to turn into paying customers. Making it only available to people with toons already would defeat the Entire Point...

Also - the boost only Takes them to 41.... the players will still have to level 41 through 46 which will be more than enough time to learn the ropes of gameplay.

I imagine very few people currently join at level 1 and then slowly level through the game to 41 making equally as new friends along the way and forming skills friendship and memories. That's what happens what you level to 41 in 5 level increments over the course of 3 years, stopping along the way to play various sets of elite bosses. Its not what happens when you join and the cap is already 46 and you just have to grind all the way there in tombs.
    In glad someone besides me understand what Sts is doing .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojan2100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I see large groups of lvl 41 players standing in camp begging for gold/gear/eggs in our future ....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Like the idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default Uhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Is there a way to get the epic set without quick leveling to 41?

Also; I think that's a REALLY bad idea, because then we'll have TONS of non skilled / really inexperienced players in our pts.. :/
    I whole-heartedly agree with this sentiment. I pug-partied arena a lot of today and found a whole lot of people who were NOT ready for the difficulty. They came without ankhs and generally ruined my typically jovial mood. The saying "Practice Makes Perfect" is surprisingly prudent in this instance. You only get better by trying and failing over and over; and free players only make money for endgame equip by farming some money and merching when you can. If everyone quick-levels there will be a run on good gear and no-one wil have any money hoarded... this is a terrible idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I appreciate this STS, but isn't the 2x exp weekend useless after this announcement? Also, levelling up is part of the experience of the game and bow we learn to play. If people can automatically level up go 41, they will reach the level cap with no clue how to play. The levelling process is bow we learn the tips and tricks of the game and how we make friends. This takes away from the overall experience of playing the game.
    I just used the 2x XP to create a lv31 pvp char destined to inherit all the para gem items from my capped mage... even with 2x XP AND 50% elixer AND abaddon AND adventurer kit this was days of work and a few dozen plat...

I saw it suggested that we may be able to select a level we would like to fast-track to... I suppose that would be alright since PVP lvls will likely still be popular for the sport of particular challenges; and most PVP players are plat-heavy/rich already and well experienced with at least one capped char.

My support for the idea on the merits of facilitating the creation multiple PVP characters is MASSIVELY outweighed by my distaste for a formidable swarm of ill-equipped, inexperienced players begging you to carry them through Arena and Planar Tombs so that they get APs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Sounds good. Should only be available to accounts that already have a l41 toon on it.
    Agreed 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think this is a Bad Idea what about the people who work their butt off ,grinding wt4 and km3 just to make it to lvl 41 now anybody with money can just surpassed them with Plat #facepalm

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soulic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are we need energy for new event ?

Ign Wvant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by joshuwar1 View Post
    I'm sorry STS but I really.. Really hate this idea and I'm sure many others do.

While I'm hugely thankful for everything else, all the new pets, expansion, events, and all your dedication. But this just isn't fair..

Start a survey to see what the majority of people think about this idea, and go on the majority of the votes. Give account holders the choice between 'Like' and 'Dislike' towards the idea of automatically leveling to L41 with platinum. Come on STS, let your player base decide this one.

Leaving on a good note, the expansion server is amazing! Thank you!
    i agree... everyone before this worked rly had to get to 41 n now u can do it in a minute....this will also make the pvp lb unstable because there will be many ppl with no skill.... And finding a pt for a hard dungeon.....ppl that use plat to get to 41 will have a hard time finding a pt.

plz think abt this maybe make it available for a week before the expansion and close it when u release the expansion so this way some ppl can make alts and not worry about lvling them and this wont affect the lb as much

Oh and the rest of the expansion is great

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Turbobasher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Its important that new players keep the game installed and continue to log in and play.

I think that unfortunately, the percentage of brand new players who start playing only to get bored when they reach level 20 and quit is probably, unfortunately, quite high.

This option gives sts a chance to keep the players who are most likely to turn into paying customers. Making it only available to people with toons already would defeat the Entire Point...

Also - the boost only Takes them to 41.... the players will still have to level 41 through 46 which will be more than enough time to learn the ropes of gameplay.

I imagine very few people currently join at level 1 and then slowly level through the game to 41 making equally as new friends along the way and forming skills friendship and memories. That's what happens what you level to 41 in 5 level increments over the course of 3 years, stopping along the way to play various sets of elite bosses. Its not what happens when you join and the cap is already 46 and you just have to grind all the way there in tombs.
    Maybe the boost should be an option that they can purchase after hitting Level 10 or 15? Those levels are easy enough to get to, and at least get you familiar with the basics of the game. This way they pay to avoid the time grinding all the 'boring' middle levels?

Plus at least by that time, people will know if they want to continue playing the game and feel more confident about plunking down their cash anyway, 8^).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i say go for it... people who are new has a lot difficulty chasing up... with the game scalling system and how elite maps works, there are no incentive for old players to help new players levelling up...

right now i guess old regular maps is so empty that make newer player harder to play, and it is not like many guild accept non capped player to help him level up, unlock levels, teach how to kill old bosses, etc...

and you, devs, don't seem to help new players like most game which has expansions, e.g. reduced xp needed in low level by each expansion, reduce difficulty of old maps, etc.

wonders why many disagree... it won't harm them anyway, or maybe they afraid losing some new players to scam? lol,

thank you
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I worked hard to get to level lvl 41 now your making it easy for the ones who are not to get there. This is not fair. If anything give it only to lvl 40 people and let the rest level or they can just purchase the gear. Do something like you did with the lion pet. Have you been watching all of the hype for the expansion wondering how you're going to reach level 41 in time? Thinking about taking an alt to Garetta or trying out a new class?

The Rage of the Ren'gol expansion will come with a brand new option: Level to 41!

If you all recall, we mentioned a while back that there would be some important teamwork involved in the release of this expansion...and we don't mean a party of 5. This new addition will enable more players than ever to pitch in and be a part of one of the most monumental moments in Arlorian history.

Players wanting to start straight into the new content will have the option to purchase the Advance to 41 Pack, which will automatically level their chosen character to 41 and fill their inventory with some gear to get them started, including:

+ An Epic rarity pet companion
    + An Epic rarity armor set and weapon
    + 100 HP/MP Potions
    + 3 Respec Scrolls
    + 10 Ankhs

It will also unlock all checkpoints, including entrance to Garetta.

More details on this to come![/QUOTE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Have you been watching all of the hype for the expansion wondering how you're going to reach level 41 in time? Thinking about taking an alt to Garetta or trying out a new class?

The Rage of the Ren'gol expansion will come with a brand new option: Level to 41!

If you all recall, we mentioned a while back that there would be some important teamwork involved in the release of this expansion...and we don't mean a party of 5. This new addition will enable more players than ever to pitch in and be a part of one of the most monumental moments in Arlorian history.

Players wanting to start straight into the new content will have the option to purchase the Advance to 41 Pack, which will automatically level their chosen character to 41 and fill their inventory with some gear to get them started, including:

+ 100 HP/MP Potions
    + 3 Respec Scrolls
    + 10 Ankhs

More details on this to come!
    Hi!!, Remiem so for the advancing to level 41 automatically, how much will it cost in platinum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Im still baffled by this move. Some people spend a lot of time and money and effort getting to 41. I just don't see the justification, plus STS will be losing a ton of financial gain from Plat purchases for levelling, lixers, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ceason View Post
    I worked hard to get to level lvl 41 now your making it easy for the ones who are not to get there. This is not fair. If anything give it only to lvl 40 people and let the rest level or they can just purchase the gear. Do something like you did with the lion pet.
    Have you been watching all of the hype for the expansion wondering how you're going to reach level 41 in time? Thinking about taking an alt to Garetta or trying out a new class?

+ 100 HP/MP Potions
    + 3 Respec Scrolls
    + 10 Ankhs

More details on this to come!
    [/QUOTE]

So you leveled up three characters to 41? I'm guessing not.

I just don't get all the uproar over the skip to lv 41 plat purchase. Personally, I hate the grind of leveling up because you don't get anything out of it. Playing Kraag Tombs over and over again does not prepare you for elite content.

I plan to take advantage of the offer and level up my mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    Maybe the boost should be an option that they can purchase after hitting Level 10 or 15? Those levels are easy enough to get to, and at least get you familiar with the basics of the game. This way they pay to avoid the time grinding all the 'boring' middle levels?

Plus at least by that time, people will know if they want to continue playing the game and feel more confident about plunking down their cash anyway, 8^).
    This is probably wise... the first 10 or so levels are super quick like half an hour, and all of the tutorial content is found in the first run through from windmoore to outpost, so it makes sense to get players through that before offering them the upgrade You are definitely right that people will feel more confident investing cash after a short run through of some gameplay!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

It's going to happen whether you like or not,
    Stop complaining go with the flow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So when is the release for expansion ...?!!

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk