Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tanks & lvl46 elites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mesalin View Post
    My main char is war... Oh sorry was till i got 41... Big problem with war is? All know here : taunt. Nobody want Pt wars for elites / tombs/ other maps
    My friend's helped me planar tombs with my new rogue 41 huh i asked any switch for war?( they have2-3 endgame chars) and they answer don't need. And we did planar tomb1-2 with full rogue party. Also elite like wilds don't need war xc i so sad cuz i love play with war and if i want to farm and get pt i need to make rogue/ mage.
    Also in ts we can see that don't need war...
    Goodbye war?

I'm so fresh
    Ppl have two option. one take warrior drag out the run costing more pots and ankh for other members , or take all pure dps take out the boss half the time. When expansion release and they fix warrior taunt skill he could be usefull again. If warrior can aggro the mobs and boss entire fight it will save loads of pot and ankh for the team making warrior very desirable , if not than there isn't much future for warriors .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Warrior taunt alone isn't going to change things. Allow the class to debuff and stop boss wind-ups, as its the only class that can get up close and personal with a Boss.

For T3 I used rally cry as it buffed rogues and speeded things up a bit, rogues kinda liked running with my tank then. So just a few tweaks and tanks will be a welcome addition to parties.

But something tells me it's not going to happen this side of Xmas.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    Warrior taunt alone isn't going to change things. Allow the class to debuff and stop boss wind-ups, as its the only class that can get up close and personal with a Boss.

For T3 I used rally cry as it buffed rogues and speeded things up a bit, rogues kinda liked running with my tank then. So just a few tweaks and tanks will be a welcome addition to parties.

But something tells me it's not going to happen this side of Xmas.
    And now one of the top pve warriors in game has switched to rogue class, does this tell you anything about the warrior class issues? It should....
    <Trinity Knights>

Xxxbang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

fritters n whimms will do the job.....as a compensation of the taunt of a warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    And now one of the top pve warriors in game has switched to rogue class, does this tell you anything about the warrior class issues? It should....
    IKR! I loved tanking but I also wanted to play the game and farm like crazy, rogue toon allows that easily. I'm invited to parties and I have an expedition bow!!!! An expedition bow rogue is welcome but a solid bulwark tank is ignored, that my friends speaks volumes. It is the reason my pro tank is retired and my noob rogue is flying!
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Where dem tanks nowzzzz?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Warrior trashes in pve,dont buff then,we need just full rogue op pt ald we done )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

To be honest, i think warrior MIGHT be useful for Rangol elite ... Maybe it's just me but the normal attack of the giant troll and sometimes the engineer bomb can 1 shot me (with 4k hp)

Assuming that they also scale up the damage in elite, i think there's going to be a lot of 1 hit kills without red zone *cough* brute troll *cough* ...

Hopefully tanks can have their chance to shine and save the team lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    To be honest, i think warrior MIGHT be useful for Rangol elite ... Maybe it's just me but the normal attack of the giant troll and sometimes the engineer bomb can 1 shot me (with 4k hp)

Assuming that they also scale up the damage in elite, i think there's going to be a lot of 1 hit kills without red zone *cough* brute troll *cough* ...

Hopefully tanks can have their chance to shine and save the team lol

Those trulle are exceptional, only purpose of those prima ballerina to reduce ur ankhs if you get hit. On Elite maybe tanks will be useful but with soo many stuns. We will be depending on pets rather then on outdated Juggernaut sigh *.* its cd is from the ancient Greek Time.

At the moment due to those stuns I use Rally Cry for my team.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmwmsix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

my suggestion for this:

1. increase potion cooldown, increase potion effectiveness -> 10s for 50% hp/mana
    2. add skill slot / add skillset toggle button in hud
    3. decrease enemy damage especially damages that can 1hko mages/rogue without decent warning

thank you
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    my suggestion for this:

1. increase potion cooldown, increase potion effectiveness -> 10s for 50% hp/mana
    2. add skill slot / add skillset toggle button in hud
    3. decrease enemy damage especially damages that can 1hko mages/rogue without decent warning

thank you
    1) rogues will need for mages to use heal if this happens... So no point in needing a warrior to hold aggro when you can get a mage to keep spamming ankhs and heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    1) rogues will need for mages to use heal if this happens... So no point in needing a warrior to hold aggro when you can get a mage to keep spamming ankhs and heal.
    exactly! and then mage will want tank, to help them not spamming ankhs. pvp is the example where all classes is needed (i'm suck at pvp, though, so just a comment from pvp noob)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

exactly! and then mage will want tank, to help them not spamming ankhs. pvp is the example where all classes is needed (i'm suck at pvp, though, so just a comment from pvp noob)
    I dont think you understand. Leave pvp where it is. In elites it will probably take 2x,maybe 3x the time to finish maps. Rogues will finish mana faster than mage heal cd, tanks will use vb and never hold aggro, becoming useless. Mages will use heal and shield, then die because they cant hold aggro. And then rogues will die because the whole party is still on the first mob group due to this idea. Because it will take forever to kill, so a solid no to this idea bud. I understand it's a good intention you were thinking of, but works better in games like OaC Online, where you have a legit healer class as well as the primary classes such as tank togue and mage. Also you have more members in pt(I think like 5?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I dont think you understand. Leave pvp where it is. In elites it will probably take 2x,maybe 3x the time to finish maps. Rogues will finish mana faster than mage heal cd, tanks will use vb and never hold aggro, becoming useless. Mages will use heal and shield, then die because they cant hold aggro. And then rogues will die because the whole party is still on the first mob group due to this idea. Because it will take forever to kill, so a solid no to this idea bud. I understand it's a good intention you were thinking of, but works better in games like OaC Online, where you have a legit healer class as well as the primary classes such as tank togue and mage. Also you have more members in pt(I think like 5?)
    why leave pvp? it is part of the game too, and taking example from pvp is nothing bad. isn't it strange how in pvp tanks are needed but not so needed in pve, while we're in the same game, same system (with one single difference, potions and maybe stun immunity :P)?

elite maps definitely take longer time to finish than normal maps. and currently can be shortened with a no-tank party who can spam pot/ankhs for their survivability,

the previous elites (unnecessaryly) make mobs have a lot more health and maybe 1.5x - 2x damage which makes elites too long for a so called mobile games and made us prioritize speed over survivability in elites... only when this priority is reversed, tank will be needed, OR, make tanks deals super damage that make them efficient enough to do speed run, but why they are called tanks then @_@?

rogues will ran out of mana faster than mage's heal -> definitely will trouble rogues, they will have to use mana potions wisely, skill wisely
    tanks will use vb and not holding aggro -> having vb and can't hold aggro is two different things :P, and if the tank can't hold aggro, and party members die, it means it already in the right track: a good tank is needed

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

why leave pvp? it is part of the game too, and taking example from pvp is nothing bad. isn't it strange how in pvp tanks are needed but not so needed in pve, while we're in the same game, same system (with one single difference, potions and maybe stun immunity :P)?

elite maps definitely take longer time to finish than normal maps. and currently can be shortened with a no-tank party who can spam pot/ankhs for their survivability,

the previous elites (unnecessaryly) make mobs have a lot more health and maybe 1.5x - 2x damage which makes elites too long for a so called mobile games and made us prioritize speed over survivability in elites... only when this priority is reversed, tank will be needed, OR, make tanks deals super damage that make them efficient enough to do speed run, but why they are called tanks then @_@?

rogues will ran out of mana faster than mage's heal -> definitely will trouble rogues, they will have to use mana potions wisely, skill wisely
    tanks will use vb and not holding aggro -> having vb and can't hold aggro is two different things :P, and if the tank can't hold aggro, and party members die, it means it already in the right track: a good tank is needed

thank you
    This thread is about l46 elites,so again leave pvp where it is for the moment. Your solution to l46 elites is to ruin the game? Its not like OaC where you have pure tanks pure healers pure aoe etc. Its much simpler. I'm pretty sure if you get rid of nekro, tanks will definitely be needed as there will be no stun immunities for 60-100%of the time. That is a much better solution(im not saying to get rid of it)rather than making ankh prices become 1mil each and make players go broke before completing half the map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ikr,i love it to play in my tank,i love rogue too but i wanna do elite too in tank
    :---)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P760 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I wrote this partially for the newer generation who may not be aware of how we came to this point in the game. It may help clarify things for the older players also. This is a general outline from my observations. These statements are not all-encompassing, but show the trend of the more experienced end-game PvE players. Yes, people still use tanks and always have, but in general the situation has developed as follows:

Most parties stopped using warriors after the Nordr expansion. I think a part of it was that Shuyal involved constant movement. If you stood still you'd drop dead from poison. This introduced an environment that made tanking impractical.

Season 5 - upgraded mythics came along. This stagnated the game to the point where many of the experienced warriors quit or changed focus to pvp. By halfway through the season, any skilled rogue could solo the Shuyal elite maps without an arcane pet, proving the need for warrior to be obsolete. With so many of the warriors changing to pvp by then, the pool of good pve tanks continued to shrink.

Season 6 - enter the arcane ring, and still the same armour and helm. People by now were looking for challenges. They had no gear to work for, so the way to challenge was to make parties that provided more challenge. All-rogue parties became a constant among the geared end-gamers, and with an arcane ring, a rogue was practically invincible.

Season 7 - more of the same. If content was released that was difficult enough to call for a tank, people did not see it as class balance, they instead saw it as favouritism for the most well-geared players, so the maps got nerfed. Imbued armour came into play increasing the capability of rogues, along with a 600hp boost from the mythic pendant. Followed up by "double odds" on fossils, recipes and teeth, this continued the trend of players becoming much more powerful than the content.

Season 8 - we have troll mobs that get more aggressive and harder to kill the longer they live. We have maps that leave tanks in permastun much of the time. A tank can't tank when he is stunned. He can't help the party kill the troll mobs quickly, so once again a tank is impractical. With 5 mobs in a group, there are no large pulls, and adding in necro in high availability just compounds the situation. However, it is not the cause. This has been coming for a long time.

Future - STS has now virtually eliminated the gear gap, so when they make new maps hard, they will be able to do it without a huge uproar from the "what about legendary players" crowd. There will always be some of that, but it will not be to the point of them having to severely nerf content. After all, you can get geared for under 5 million now, and that can be earned currently in a couple of weeks by farming arena for vials. (Arena which is very playable at the current difficulty level).

The problem remains, as Rav said in another thread, if the new maps are good for warrior, that is still only 3 maps. STS has stated that they do not plan to scale older maps to end-game level, so it appears that the rogue-dominance shall continue.

Suggestion: Add full stun immunity to a party that uses all 3 classes.

This could be applied to the impairment effects from any expansion. Shuyal: a party with all classes eliminates the effects of poison pools in Shuyal...etc. However, with maps not scaled to full level, they will still be easy enough to be run faster with dps only teams.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If they buff jugger and vb..
    Vb do in pvp it buff the whole party...
    It can be same in pve too..
    If it gives 25%+ damage and crit boost to whole party then tanks will come in elites again..
    Cause 3 rouges with 25% crit and and damage boost is better then all 4 rouges with a mana regain ability + less use of anks with a tank..
    That will be good if they can make vb works in pve maps for whole party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

as long as other class, esp damage class can survive, tank class won't be needed,

add longer potion cooldown and nerf 1hkoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Tanks need to be able to hold aggro. Rogues and mages shouldn't be able to withstand the attacks of a group of 4 or 5 mobs in elites. Most other MMO's require a tank for the hardest levels. That is because other classes can't withstand more than one or two mobs attacking them at one time. Tanks hold aggro and withstand the onslaught. Currently mages and rogues can take the beating of most mobs in elites. The real issue isn't the mages but the rogues. They can withstand too much punishment while also being the highest dps class. They kill quickly so the overall amount of damage they need to withstand is a lot lower than warriors and mages.

Now if tanks can hold aggro they need to be able to take the damage dished out to them. Tanks can still be one shot in a lot of elite maps. This makes absolutely no sense. A tank needs to be able to withstand even the strongest attacks. If a tank can now hold aggro and withstand the attacks a lot of players will want to run with them. This is especially true if it because near impossible to stay alive without one.

STS should change the way the damage is calculated in pve. Reduce the damage tanks take and increase it for other classes. Make the tanks skills hold aggro properly and let them maintain it until the skill cools down so they can pop it again.