Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57237)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Devs are working on the pricing and they will introduce elixirs that prevail after death or zoning. Lets see if they come up with a 1 or 2 hours elixir for 10 plat.
    Hopefully if that's the case, they will last even after finish and leaving a dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spookytooth View Post
    Just ran a few hideout runs and managed to get a couple Mega combos off with some friends. Lol how rewarding does that feel when after u see those huge words pop on your screen, makes u feel more beast awsome touch to the gameplay and goes great with the GCD timing/precision oriented theme IMO.
    I'm stuck at work and can't play, but looking forward to trying out what you already got a chance to!
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    [LIST]
    NOTE: As a special thank you to players who have been with us from the very beginning (accounts started from April through June), look for an exclusive “Founders Helm” coming later today. We know we couldn’t have made it so far without the help of our early adopters!
    What about adding the Founders Helm for Android users that started when it was first made available to them? I think I got this the day of or the day after it was released. Just wondering.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just realized from when I opened this thread to when I posted, more than 10 pages were added. So if its already been suggested... my bad.
    Last edited by Rare; 04-18-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. We're still working on elixir pricing, and 1.7.2 will introduce persistent elixirs that will stay through death and zoning.

-ALS
    I think that's a really cool idea. I know you were waiting for my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nabidavid View Post
    I agree with Morawk. How many of us have paid money for stupid, lame, boring, throw-away games from the various app stores (I am looking at you Angry Birds fans)? I have spent far more on other games in total than Pocket Legends, but there are none I play or enjoy as much.

Obviously, Spacetime Studios decided to change their business model with the game. So What? If it keeps them in business so they can continue to add content to Pocket Legends and release new games like Blackstar, I am all for it. They are running a business. You have to make money to stay in business. If you still live with your parents, you have no understanding of what kind of expense is involved paying the bills and "keeping the lights on". If you have never owned a business, you have no appreciation for the costs associated with doing business, especially one such as an on-line gaming studio. Those two facts probably rule out about 99.9999% of the flamers from having a valid opinion here.

Calm down! It will be ok.
    I suppose I am in the .0001% then. I have never paid money to play an app game before, this was my first. I'm the head of my household not a child and self-employed professional, and here's my thoughts on the matter.

First off, I give kudos to the removal of powerleveling. Level 50-55 players with lvl 12 skill are not pleasant. I am very glad PL has enjoyed the success it has. Could the purchase of only XP pots cost plat?? The tank and damage pots are at times necessary due to the flighty nature of players in pick up games in the sewers.

As to the main spine of the game being free:
    So when you paid for something that is now free, it's not uncommon to feel like you..... at the least, made a poor investment.

I believe that feeling could be lessened by a different form of gratitude (ie half the plat returned, or 3 free premium rings as our way of saying thanks)

Yet that being said, I do agree the game was worth what I paid, even though however the shield of gratitude seems a poor gift for those of us who don't pvp. I will not be quitting the game, but I am a little disappointed with it ATM.

This also changes one dynamic of the game. When you were in Sewers, you knew that the players there had at least some measure of commitment to make it that far (they also used plat to get that far), now that is no longer the case. I have studied this game because I put actual money into it, so I wanted to get the most for my money. Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Would you consider making Balefort Sewers still a plat only campaign? Would you consider allowing all pots minus xp to be purchasable by gold again?
    I don't mind the grinding without xp elixirs, I can see a fair case for that. I would certainly appreciate any thought you give to those suggestions. And I'm NOT saying this was an epic fail or anything of the sort. I greatly respect how you reworked GCD to make it appealing to play. I love this game (even with the latest changes), and have a few different ideas for what I can do to help what I hope will be many more new players filling the towns and levels.
    Last edited by Duped; 04-18-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey the updates cool but just wanna say, not cool that only Iphone users get the helm. I've been here since it was avail on droid. I think you should include droid users who joined the month yiou made it avail on android...just saying. Plat for elixirs, okay, but pricing is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really you have to be a certain level to go in a dungeon? This should be fixed and elixrs with plat. I loved this game till they decided to put gcd and minimum level for dungeons .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

wow this is great! now i got a shield that will wreckkkk
    but my dreams of reaching 56 are now crushed >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    lol. 1st of all, we are not flamers. we as a customer have the right to voice out. and since you wanna talk about business, let me just enlighten you with a little gaming business. lets just talk about simple things here: cash item in any online gaming. any form of cash item in any online game can have the price decreased but will never go free. have you come across an online game that you need to pay to play now its free. if you do please name the game and its website. you can always change something that is free to become cash item but not the other way round. and that is why i have no issue with elixir turning from gold/plat item to plat only item. if any case of turning cash item to free, a refund or replacement of same value must be given. and that is why the shield is given. so let me get back to my point. the shield is NOT COMPARABLE to a REFUND or REPLACEMENT.
    Skyler, about the shield, I agree 100%. It sucks. It is ugly and has poor stats, especially for long-time players to which it is geared. Oh well. I don't care.

Secondly, just because I reference the term "flamer", does not mean I am speaking about everyone.

About the business-side, Spacetime Studios is switching to a model that supports renewable income. It makes good fiscal sense. Additionally, as Morawk pointed out in his most-recent post, it helps new players (customers) get involved with the game long-term and hopefully, spend more money in the long run. Personally, I hope it succeeds so they stay in business for years, if not decades/centuries, to come. If you enjoy the game, you should support the people who bust their butts to supply it. You should appreciate their forward-thinking innovation in bringing such a quality MMO to mobile devices.

In the end, growing the audience of the game will lead to more money for more developers to build more content and more features. You will benefit whether you agree or not.

Skyler, I hope you understand that I am not "calling anyone out" here. I am personally satisfied from what I have seen that Spacetime Studios works hard to collectively make us happy. They are not seeking to rob or cheat you or me, but for a way to do business that allows them to continue to do business. What is wrong with that?

As far as the past goes, you and I purchased and spent platinum so the developers could make a living. These are people who ultimately have families and mortgages and car payments and such. They can keep my money for a job well done. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that week shield is no "thank you " for all the plat I would rather have my plat back not that stinking shield....or make it worth the plat!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman5 View Post
    Really you have to be a certain level to go in a dungeon? This should be fixed and elixrs with plat. I loved this game till they decided to put gcd and minimum level for dungeons .
    There's a reason that dungeons had minimum levels. It's called no matter how good you are, your equipment/gear/skills/spells for level X are not suited to play at lvl Y.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

hey guys do you still get the shield if your banned?

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    wow this is great! now i got a shield that will wreckkkk
    but my dreams of reaching 56 are now crushed >.<
    Lol ya. I was looking forward to making another character up to 55 or 56, but thats definitely not happening anymore. With GCD, plat for elixirs, and minimum level requirements for dungeons, I cant see this happening :/.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    75 plat for all the maps. lets say 3 map are still paid maps. and take 10 for each. so 45 plats for main spine. now for free. we spend plats because we want to play the game to max level as we love the game. now you get to max level for free. and we who buy the map initially gets the shield. so its 45 plats for that shield. seriously, this totally disappoint me. some kind of shield that is useless for high levels. collection purpose? sorry man, its not even worth collecting it. unique? yeah because you created it and call it limited edition (10HP 20AMOUR please slap me and wake me up from this nightmare). People may like it but i don't. i am getting ready to delete the game anytime because of this. i just feel like the money i spend is for NOTHING. my friend is blaming me for introducing him this game and spending money on it and then was told its free now. this is the 1st time ever i have such encounter where cash item or purchases turn free and was given something not comparable to a refund. if you seriously think that shield is comparable to 45 plats, i have got nothing to say.
    Lets be honest here. 45 plat is the equivalent of what? $5 at the most? You pay around $30 a month for the data plan on your smartphone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xantor View Post
    I agree that week shield is no "thank you " for all the plat I would rather have my plat back not that stinking shield....or make it worth the plat!!!!
    You paid the plat in order to have the campaigns...the shield is just a bonus item they decided to throw in. If you bought a new car to get to and from work, and they gave you a coupon to a store you never go to as a bonus, do you go back to the car dealership and demand your money back? No.

I will agree with you that the stats could have been more useful.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-18-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman5 View Post
    If all maps are now free, they HAVE to put a minimum for dungeons, or the presence of low-lvls in high lvl maps will be worse than ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    Lets be honest here. 45 plat is the equivalent of what? $5 at the most? You pay around $30 a month for the data plan on your smartphone.
    +1000000.

/10chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    There's a reason that dungeons had minimum levels. It's called no matter how good you are, your equipment/gear/skills/spells for level X are not suited to play at lvl Y.
    But that's why the developers implemented the check box for level requirements a few updates ago, which I thought was brilliant. What if I want some of my friends to run with me to level up a new character? That option is no longer on the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    But that's why the developers implemented the check box for level requirements a few updates ago, which I thought was brilliant. What if I want some of my friends to run with me to level up a new character? That option is no longer on the table.
    This is a good point, I will give you that. But I think they are trying to discourage any sort of power-leveling period, with friends helping or not....note the emphasis on the word "think".

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    If all maps are now free, they HAVE to put a minimum for dungeons, or the presence of low-lvls in high lvl maps will be worse than ever.
    Les has an excellent point, at least as far as non-hosted games.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

you guys are no help

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump