Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is ursoth so dang diffucult!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Angry Why is ursoth so dang diffucult!?

Why is ursoth so hard to kill? Haha
    Average death per ursoth is 5 and most of the team leaves when we all die and ursoth resets!

What's the most efficient way to kill ursoth? I don't really feel like playing event anymore cause of this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

you need a good team, that is the challenging bit which is fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Its not fun if he's ruining your kdr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

sadly, elondrian ward is a must, and a pet which can remove stun debuff (to avoid minion's stun + ursoth charged att combo), at least one in the party, to be safe

ursoth's minions can stun you and environment can root you, while ursoth can 1hko you...

it has same pattern and difficulty with last year's, i think, good thing is helena doesn't 1hko you like before
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I would take any boss except ursoth all freaking day. You need a proper party just to kill him, its pretty much impossible to NOT die unless you're spamming potions or have 1mill health.

As for the groot minion, he's a pain. Have to kill him first cause his damage is equivalent to toor's AA I think.

Ursoth's ground smash is what really ticks me off! 1 hit kill even for a 8 - 9k health warrior.

Elondrian ward is a must have to kill ursoth.
    Heck, just 1 swing of ursoth's mace/bat? can send you to Jupiter.

I can't kill ursoth without throwing my device on the ground or getting a GOOD party!

As for stun debuffs, one of my guild mates said that vixen, squash and other "pushing" pets can help you survive ursoth's smash of doom. Haven't tested it out but at this point I'll do anything to get this stupid troll and grab his tokens and points haha.

As for the scaling, I think the scaled it to 46 for all 41+ ( if any mods or devs can confirm )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ursoth is not so hard if you pay attention to the red zones. Ursoth makes a circle red zone and a conical red zone. The conical red zone is where he swings straight down and kills you. If you are a mage or war, save you shield / horn in case you get rooted in this zone.

The circle red zone has two attacks. One is where he spins, dealing minimal damage and the other is where he goes nuts and starts slamming the ground (this one will kill you). Again, save your horn or shield for this.

How to avoid being rooted in red zone: there will be small red circles on your toon moments before you get rooted. Make sure to move out of range of his circle attacks so that when you're rooted, you don't get 1 hit. This circle attack is easier to avoid being rooted in because it has less range. The conical one has a lot of range, so I would save shield for those times.

Rogues can charge pierce or kite since they have longer attack range.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shinyx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinyx View Post
    Ursoth is not so hard if you pay attention to the red zones. Ursoth makes a circle red zone and a conical red zone. The conical red zone is where he swings straight down and kills you. If you are a mage or war, save you shield / horn in case you get rooted in this zone.

The circle red zone has two attacks. One is where he spins, dealing minimal damage and the other is where he goes nuts and starts slamming the ground (this one will kill you). Again, save your horn or shield for this.

How to avoid being rooted in red zone: there will be small red circles on your toon moments before you get rooted. Make sure to move out of range of his circle attacks so that when you're rooted, you don't get 1 hit. This circle attack is easier to avoid being rooted in because it has less range. The conical one has a lot of range, so I would save shield for those times.

Rogues can charge pierce or kite since they have longer attack range.
    Totally agree but you need a party of guildies or friends, randoms don't know when to heal and to look out for red circles and such.

This is one of the main reasons why its hard to kill ursoth without a decent party who knows the knowledge on how to efficiently kill ursoth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

to me ursoth's conical red zone is glitched. i can be 3,4 al meters away from it and still be hit, or be in the dead center.of it and not get hit. and no, im not lagging.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nelson131 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelson131 View Post
    to me ursoth's conical red zone is glitched. i can be 3,4 al meters away from it and still be hit, or be in the dead center.of it and not get hit. and no, im not lagging.
    I haven't noticed but I also haven't run the event more than once or twice per day. Maybe take ss or video and report it. I think he'll stun you outside of red but not kill in my observation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

it's easy when you got a good party but if you go in a random pt its really hard, most of the player in it just die and then wont respawn until the boss is finished. freaking annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

He is definitely a killer. If you stay away from his red zone it is clear sailing. However if you get rooted or stunned and he decides to smash you before it wears off you die. Overall he isn't too bad. I like the amount of tokens he drops so I'm glad to see him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I only solo on my lv 8s. Never had any problem with him.
    Also run pugs on 46, no issues.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeFTW View Post
    Its not fun if he's ruining your kdr
    I bet you don't run Elites then either. KDR is one of the least consequential stats in the game. I have toons that I am leveling that have 0 or close to 0 KDR but that means nothing. My capped toons have what some feel is too high a KDR. Thats because I run Elites mostly, including when they are first released before folks have figured out the strategies, pets, and builds work best.

KDR should be the last thing you should worry about. I had a Warrior against Ursoth that refused to fight because it would hurt his KDR too much. He wanted us to kill Ursoth for him. I left immediately, I was upset I lost an energy but I would have been more angry with this guy if I had stayed. I hope nobody has helped him. If you are gonna play then fight otherwise just stand in town and beg. So play and have fun and learn to survive, don't worry about your KDR.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nelson131 View Post
    You get stunned EVEN If your a few feet away from the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    I bet you don't run Elites then either. KDR is one of the least consequential stats in the game. I have toons that I am leveling that have 0 or close to 0 KDR but that means nothing. My capped toons have what some feel is too high a KDR. Thats because I run Elites mostly, including when they are first released before folks have figured out the strategies, pets, and builds work best.

KDR should be the last thing you should worry about. I had a Warrior against Ursoth that refused to fight because it would hurt his KDR too much. He wanted us to kill Ursoth for him. I left immediately, I was upset I lost an energy but I would have been more angry with this guy if I had stayed. I hope nobody has helped him. If you are gonna play then fight otherwise just stand in town and beg. So play and have fun and learn to survive, don't worry about your KDR.
    ^_^ I agree with you, only hate ursoth because I never kill him and have to leave, therefore wasting a energy kit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

It's harder to fight him when only you or only you and 1 other person has bane item... When the people who don't have bane item are rooted or die as a result of being rooted that leaves you the only target, which is kinda hard especially when his little "mini me" tree is spawned, that little tree stuns you then ursoth lets u have it.... Also helps when you have people on the team who does good damage... The other day I fought him with 3 tanks and it was the most annoying battle ever, hardly any damage was being done and the tanks were dropping like flies....

Basically... With this event and any map in arlor, if you go into battles randomly expect to die and deal with certain inconsistencies due to other players have no experience or due to them just have average to below average equipment....

The upside to doing random battles is that you get used to playing with ANYBODY, EVERYBODY, ANYWAY, and EVERY WAY, thus making you more of a PRO!!!!!! Some people can only play when they have GOOD PT's, which doesn't make them that good overall...

But... Don't be ashamed, dying during ursoth fight is not uncommon... And as far as the party "BAILOUTS" goes, you are gonna experience that a lot until you start having good stats and mythic weapons and good pets because I have fought Ursoth many times this season and nearly all of the PTs sucked (only like 2 were good) and I had NO bailouts... When they see that you are have good stats and good weapon they stick around.

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

You don't need a good party I solo urosth and im a mage just use use the pork chop pet he debuffs and stuns and pulls him its a better way to stay alive when hes about to hit you use the ability and pull him back so easy bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Dang, his swing 1 hits my squishy mage
    Charging shield takes too long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmmmm i have done it with all warriors,its a long fight and i died once lol..what we did is just heal when ursoth starts his skill and spam pots..specially wen he raises his clubs it means instant death..for the mobs two warriors will handle it taunt it away from ursoth..it went well actually its about the timing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

All you need atleast 1 good warrior.

Just the kill small tree mobs first while warrior take the boss.

its easy for me if i am on warrior. its easy if i am on rog-mage and we have 1 good warrior.

But no warrior and not the kill trees first makes it hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

What disappoints me is bloodgrub is 5x easier, ritual isn't too hard with a few pots if u get rid of statue thing, but Ursoth can 1hko me even when my shield or a nekro shield is up, and even when I'm not in red zone. BAM! dead.
    Ign - Coolguymage