Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: -The Solution- PvP Usage

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is challenging hehe time to use crap pinks!
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If people don't like the idea well just go back to basic pvp gosh...
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

TLDNR. You are really pushing this PVP rewards thing, huh?

edit: I'd love rewards just as much as you would, I just don't think it will ever be implemented in game. :/
    Last edited by BeardedBear; 05-04-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Kossi I love your post and ideas of trying to increase the pvp community. This is a very contraversal subject and im sure the devs are working hard to come up with a plan. I agree many newcomers quit because its too hard, even with the new GCD implemented. A couple of things I want to say

1. Its best to look at other successful games and see what they do.

Example: CoD- Earn AWESOME weapons, prestige points, medals, experience, rank. Altough people get owned when they start off they still play for these rewards. Ending result is millions and millions who play the pvp system.

2. We as a pvp community should be understanding to the new-comers. Instead of constantly owning them and bashing them with harsh words, try to help them out. Words like noob, nub,you suck etc should be more lightly used. Its up to us to get the new generation into pvp. Being more polite will work wonders and bring new pvp masters into our system!!
    Last edited by Mikeylito; 05-04-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love this Kossi... Devs should take notice ^^

Losing gear would make for intense fights, definitely support.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeylito View Post
    Kossi I love your post and ideas of trying to increase the pvp community. This is a very contraversal subject and im sure the devs are working hard to come up with a plan. I agree many newcomers quit because its too hard, even with the new GCD implemented. A couple of things I want to say

1. Its best to look at other successful games and see what they do.

Example: CoD- Earn AWESOME weapons, prestige points, medals, experience, rank. Altough people get owned when they start off they still play for these rewards. Ending result is millions and millions who play the pvp system.

2. We as a pvp community should be understanding to the new-comers. Instead of constantly owning them and bashing them with harsh words, try to help them out. Words like noob, nub,you suck etc should be more lightly used. Its up to us to get the new generation into pvp. Being more polite will work wonders and bring new pvp masters into our system!!
    You annoy the hell out of me in 50+ PvP but this is a great post.
    Last edited by joeychandler; 05-04-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    Sigh... I proposed loss-free pvp rewards and people rejected it
    I proposed staking money and players rejected it
    I proposed risking and players rejected it
    i havent gotten any feedback from the devs, im getting so frustrated, because everytime i try to make pvp better, the pvp-haters speak out and the thread goes down in flames
    Kossi, think of it in an extremely unbiased point of view. What you are asking for is a form of gambling because as I stated before in previous threads that you created on the same subject matter, it IS staking. You need to understand that, and that's the biggest deterrent at the moment of the reluctance of the devs to implement this idea. It's not because we hate pvp. It's because it's gambling and it will create bigger problems. People wouldn't want to PvP at the risk of losing their gear, so it sort of defeats the purpose of increasing PvP volume.

Also as I said again and again, PvP has been extremely flawed before GCD and after GCD. The devs know this. Players know this. Cinco even admitted in an online article that PvP is PL's biggest flaw in that they based PvP mechanics off of PvE mechanics - which is why Blackstar will have PvP in mind first and THEN PvE, since it would be more balanced. Thus the main reason why PvP attendance has been very poor throughout PL's history. Understand that we aren't flaming your ideas, or are hating on it, but it just wouldn't make sense to implement any sort of reward in a fundamentally flawed (aka one class can easily beat another class) system. Also, because it is gambling...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    People wouldn't want to PvP at the risk of losing their gear, so it sort of defeats the purpose of increasing PvP volume.
    I want to, and I know for sure that others do too... It's one of the main reasons RS was so popular.

You don't HAVE to risk your gear, and I see no way it would negatively affect you if implemented, so why not?!

This suggestion you're talking about was less for new PvPers, more for experienced ones wanting to take it up a notch. He has plenty of other suggestions that would draw new players in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Would be nice to have a reward system in place, but as Phy stated, we have too many balance issues that need to be addressed before anything new is implemented for PVP.

Something as simple as a cape for X number of kills would be a good start. I know that's been suggested many times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Kossi, think of it in an extremely unbiased point of view. What you are asking for is a form of gambling because as I stated before in previous threads that you created on the same subject matter, it IS staking. You need to understand that, and that's the biggest deterrent at the moment of the reluctance of the devs to implement this idea. It's not because we hate pvp. It's because it's gambling and it will create bigger problems. People wouldn't want to PvP at the risk of losing their gear, so it sort of defeats the purpose of increasing PvP volume.

Also as I said again and again, PvP has been extremely flawed before GCD and after GCD. The devs know this. Players know this. Cinco even admitted in an online article that PvP is PL's biggest flaw in that they based PvP mechanics off of PvE mechanics - which is why Blackstar will have PvP in mind first and THEN PvE, since it would be more balanced. Thus the main reason why PvP attendance has been very poor throughout PL's history. Understand that we aren't flaming your ideas, or are hating on it, but it just wouldn't make sense to implement any sort of reward in a fundamentally flawed (aka one class can easily beat another class) system. Also, because it is gambling...

ok first, stop with your obsession that every form of non-safe pvp being GAMBLING! ITS NOT GAMBLING -____-'''
    also, have you ever played rs?
    the main reason many people played rs and farmed gear and money for weeks straight was to afford money to PK (player kill)(PVP)
    i was a beast at RS pvp, and if i died, i wouldnt cry and rant on he forums,
    no. i would run back to the bank and take out another set and go back.

geez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

also, if you guys really insist on it, it could be class vs class only -____-
    but its not that unbalanced
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Uhmmm..one thing...with the cyber and black ice buy back choice..it could easily become a "you kill me...take my cyber...I buy it back..I kill you...get 2 cyber sets" situation. Or a "for 200K ill let you kill me take my cyber set" situation.
    actaully, the other person wil recieve 50k or 10k, not hte armour or weapon.
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

G has said before that PvP staking is "good, clean fun" in PMs and posts. I don't think they look at it as gambling. PvP is something the devs just threw in because people wanted it. It came out during swamp days, and since then, its had very, very few changes to it. Other than stat rebalences (which weren't always necessarily precisely for PvP) I've only seen GCD that was added mainly/purely because of PvP. I think staking would be cool, it'd give PvP a whole new level of seriousness, but itd still leave the fun factor if devs added it correctly. I heard B* was going to focus more on PvP than PvE, but it still doesn't mean PL can't be improved. I don't know if ill stick to B*. Kinda like back to square one with everyone else, but whether I stick to it or not, I think PL will still be my main focus.
    Last edited by KingFu; 05-05-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thats it? .
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I agree that there should be benefits for PvP, but not losing all of your gear over a single battle. I suggest gaining pvp tokens depending on how you do in pvp matches. For example, each kill received in a match gives you 1 token. Each member on the winning team receives an extra 5 tokens. These tokens can be saved up to buy new pvp gear, with stats specifically for pvp.
    i like that idea alot!!!!!!!
    GTimage
    level:30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok listen.. the people who are saying it is a good idea to loose everything must be on marijuana.
    People who say "i would love to pvp so i can earn EVERYTHING MY OPPONENT HAS" needs to take in consideration that YOU ARE RISKING YOU GEAR ALSO. This will NEVER WORK. PVEers who find this a good idea do not understand for some reason that u will lose and never benifit from this situtation if you are not a natural PVPer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Reduce the overall advantage of super-rare gear and give the player base an actual advantage (it would not have to be very much...) to participating in PVP, and everyone would play

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is, in fact, an idea that has crossed, most likely, everyone's mind at one point. My opinion is to oppose your idea. You see, this game is slowly changing into wow and runescape combined. I say, instead of obtaining their items, you have a kill record. At a certain number of kills, you receive an item according to your level. 10... 50... 100... And so on. The better your record, the better your equipment you earn. And if this doesn't agree with you, then how about you receive a cash reward per kill, such as 250 gold. In any circumstance, don't go for the traditional "Attack-Kill-Obtain Items". Try something unique.

And if you guys haven't thought about this.. What if your inventory slots are full and you can't take anymore? They just dissipate. They cease to exist. Not worth creating a whole new system of drops just for the sake of a PVP change.
    Last edited by BowOfZeus; 05-21-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

People would farm kills. As it is, it's already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by BowOfZeus View Post
    This is, in fact, an idea that has crossed, most likely, everyone's mind at one point. My opinion is to oppose your idea. You see, this game is slowly changing into wow and runescape combined. I say, instead of obtaining their items, you have a kill record. At a certain number of kills, you receive an item according to your level. 10... 50... 100... And so on. The better your record, the better your equipment you earn. And if this doesn't agree with you, then how about you receive a cash reward per kill, such as 250 gold. In any circumstance, don't go for the traditional "Attack-Kill-Obtain Items". Try something unique.

And if you guys haven't thought about this.. What if your inventory slots are full and you can't take anymore? They just dissipate. They cease to exist. Not worth creating a whole new system of drops just for the sake of a PVP change.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Losing all of your stuff!? ...