Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | September 2, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Dimitrian was being facetious. Your post is very constructive, thank you. We do have more new loot coming soon with The King Awakens event. In fact we're incorporating some changes to that content right now based on some of your feedback. We'll be announcing those details very soon.

One question about this point:

"I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses."

You mention that there's a lack of items to farm. Do you think that by adding more drops the value of those insignias and jewels will go down and further aggravate the farming issue? There are many players at different stages in this game. Some want to get a particular item quickly so they want that item to drop more frequently. Others already have that item (or maybe want to continue farming that item) and thus want it to remain scarce so the price on the consignment shop is high. We all want farmable things and also want things dropping frequently and it's incredibly difficult to find a solution to please everyone. If you can think of examples from previous seasons that you thought worked well I'd love to hear them.

It's always our goal to make you guys happy and make Arcane Legends a fun and rewarding experience for everyone. We do read your feedback and take it to heart. Our longest (and my favorite) meeting every week is our community feedback meeting where we discuss what you all have been talking about and plan the changes we will make based on that feedback. Sometimes the solutions come easier than others but we do read and discuss your feedback all the time. In fact the back vanities Remiem posted in this very thread came from those discussions.
    The thing is this- mythic questline is LONG. The majority of us will earn possibly one piece every 1.5- 2 months. PvE players play to enjoy challenging maps and be rewarded by selling items that we loot. Because there are so many ingredients in the mythic quest chain we have to keep what we get. So here we are burning through gold feeding our pets, buying ankh and lix. For what? Nothing to look forward to off a boss drop except yay another piece of the hundreds we need to make a single piece of gear.

My suggestion:

Add legendary belts. PLEASE. There is a gap of players who can't afford the l43 mythic belt.

Add legendary weapons. Take the exact same stats of the current crate gear and do like you did for the last winter event. Make them very slightly better. Like +2 dmg for a bow, etc. etc. It's not by any means a game changer, but would make us happy and give us something to look forward in terms of loot. And please if you do this, make them drop as the legendary did in Tind. The planar legendary dropped way too frequently.

I will truck along and complete the mythic quest, but only by doing my garetta dailies. The REASON why we are bummed in elites again, is we feel a little shorted with the boss loot.

Thank you for listening. We appreciate it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Dimitrian was being facetious. Your post is very constructive, thank you. We do have more new loot coming soon with The King Awakens event. In fact we're incorporating some changes to that content right now based on some of your feedback. We'll be announcing those details very soon.

One question about this point:

"I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses."

You mention that there's a lack of items to farm. Do you think that by adding more drops the value of those insignias and jewels will go down and further aggravate the farming issue? There are many players at different stages in this game. Some want to get a particular item quickly so they want that item to drop more frequently. Others already have that item (or maybe want to continue farming that item) and thus want it to remain scarce so the price on the consignment shop is high. We all want farmable things and also want things dropping frequently and it's incredibly difficult to find a solution to please everyone. If you can think of examples from previous seasons that you thought worked well I'd love to hear them.

It's always our goal to make you guys happy and make Arcane Legends a fun and rewarding experience for everyone. We do read your feedback and take it to heart. Our longest (and my favorite) meeting every week is our community feedback meeting where we discuss what you all have been talking about and plan the changes we will make based on that feedback. Sometimes the solutions come easier than others but we do read and discuss your feedback all the time. In fact the back vanities Remiem posted in this very thread came from those discussions.
    I have an solution idea!

Let the mythics drop from lockeds crates so the ppl who
    want to get the mythic fast can just open locks and get it

And the ppl who dont want to open locks can farm the mythic set...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quiver bag for Back vanity slot!
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Avikk!
    How did I forget elite shuyal! I've had fun running all the elite maps up to now especially when with friends! Just these new maps don't provide the satisfaction...it's hard to explain in words...it's just not the same...ah well...guess that's called progress..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Discount on what? And what is a double up? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

How about adding standard primary stats jewel in rengol elites, weak in tindirin, damaged in shuyal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

you have your own reasons for making the new mythic stat as it is right now, i say stick to your own opinions/reasoning first, and whenever people ask for nerfs/buffs, check them by yourselves first, do research, is the maps really hard? do people really stop farming insignias/runes because its low drop rate, etc.

listening to people opinions is great, but it is unavoidable for each people to have their own point of interest, so don't take everything as it is

thank you

P.S. i hope i didn't make any typos here... sorry i'm not a native english speaker
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

G-M

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Agree with What everyone has All Ready says So Not Point Re-Peating it I would Also Ask when you are Stung by an orc Its Far toooooo Long your knocked out for ages its a Crazy amount of time by the time you come round you got another two large Orcs bouncing you over the head with their Clubs Bang your Dead... Please do something about that time, Also same as everyone IL only Mention One Those Damn Legions One I have found in 4weeks it will be xmas by the time I get the helm and 2019 for the Armour if the game is even going that long... You gotta Increase the Drop rate they are far too expensive too buy especially when well I need 17 for helm & 100 for Armour.. Thanks For Fixing L43 Mythic Armour Pity Some are still Selling it for 500K and Under Which is CRAZY for Mythic gear But I guess these people have the Legendary Gear All Ready & Half way threw too getting their L46 Mythic .... Or just dont care about Crashing The Auction Prices.. But Thanks For Fixing and For new Vanity been looking forward too seeing lots of new vanity in the Plat Store too buy too ( hint hint) The Sale on Eggs Great Thanks But when you buy them do you get Eggs Or the Pet if eggs can they be sold & are they Tradable as when I bought cant remember his name large blue & orange dragon I got him not the Egg. Can you Please Answer This Before I go buying lots Of Pets .. I need Gold Too Buy Legions... Thank You ..
    Last edited by Rosybuds; 09-03-2015 at 03:36 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosybuds View Post
    Agree with What everyone has All Ready says So Not Point Re-Peating it I would Also Ask when you are Stung by an orc Its Far toooooo Long your knocked out for ages its a Crazy amount of time by the time you come round you got another two large Orcs bouncing you over the head with their Clubs Bang your Dead... Please do something about that time, Also same as everyone IL only Mention One Those Damn Legions One I have found in 4weeks it will be xmas by the time I get the helm and 2019 for the Armour if the game is even going that long... You gotta Increase the Drop rate they are far too expensive too buy especially when well I need 17 for helm & 100 for Armour.. Thanks For Fixing L43 Mythic Armour Pity Some are still Selling it for 500K and Under Which is CRAZY for Mythic gear But I guess these people have the Legendary Gear All Ready & Half way threw too getting their L46 Mythic .... Or just dont care about Crashing The Auction Prices.. But Thanks For Fixing and For new Vanity been looking forward too seeing lots of new vanity in the Plat Store too buy too ( hint hint) The Sale on Eggs Great Thanks But when you buy them do you get Eggs Or the Pet if eggs can they be sold & are they Tradable as when I bought cant remember his name large blue & orange dragon I got him not the Egg. Can you Please Answer This Before I go buying lots Of Pets .. I need Gold Too Buy Legions... Thank You ..
    Pets purchased through the stable are added directly to your stable. They are not eggs.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to G-M For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Add legendary weapons. Take the exact same stats of the current crate gear and do like you did for the last winter event. Make them very slightly better. Like +2 dmg for a bow, etc. etc.
    I agree with adding legendary weapons (and armour) but disagree with the comment regarding stats. Season-start crate gear is just that - starter gear. It is what you buy so you have enough stats (barely) to handle the new elites so you can start farming and get your elite gear. This formula has worked for 5 expansions, so I don't know why they are fixing something that ain't broke. This defines the direction of the game and ensures people always have something better / something of value to farm for.

Elite legendary is always much better than the crate gear that starts the season. That is why people are frustrated. We waited all this time eager for elites - and the reason we were eager for elites is that we were expecting elite gear to be released so we could farm and make money. Nobody I know is going to farm enhanced difficulty maps for 2 extra damage over starter gear.

The damage gaps in the past - like the 150 damage gap between legendary and arcane players last season - were ridiculous, but we are now at the other end of that spectrum where crate legendaries are the best, the farmable legendary / mythic sets are both untradeable and have lower stats, and there are no elite legendaries at all.

Stats should be applied to gear as follows:

Farmable Mythic > Elite Legendary >= Craftable legendary > Event gear > Normal map legendary = Crate Gear
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-03-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Elites are more elite now for sure. However, a few things to point:

1. I did only one run (in map 1), so I might be wrong, but it seems to me that you also increased mobs damage.
    2. Same as above about mob pulls - they seem to happen more often. Both points 1 and 2 require additional testing ofc.
    3. It's nice that you fixed the gladiator, but he now apparently buffs himself too. Was this actually intended?

As for the back vanities - very cool. I'm not sure a mandolin or whatever this is fits the rogue class (it's more appropriate for a bard imo), but that's not a big problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post

1. I did only one run (in map 1), so I might be wrong, but it seems to me that you also increased mobs damage.
    2. Same as above about mob pulls - they seem to happen more often. Both points 1 and 2 require additional testing ofc.
    3. It's nice that you fixed the gladiator, but he now apparently buffs himself too. Was this actually intended?

As for the back vanities - very cool. I'm not sure a mandolin or whatever this is fits the rogue class (it's more appropriate for a bard imo), but that's not a big problem.
    Yeah... Ditto that..... Seems they buffed every aspect of the elite garetta maps.... Just hope the loot drop has been buffed as well because the "post-update increased challenge" will not make any sense at all with the same drop rates as before....

And as far as the back vanities goes... I agree with you.... The banjo or whatever that is on the rogue's back is totally "out of bounds".... Maybe an arrow bag (filled with arrows) would suffice because although all rogues do not possess bows and arrows as their main weapon, they still have the poisonous shot and aimed shot skill which is an arrow shot..... But the mage's backpack thingy is kinda "a bullseye"...
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 09-03-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Sorry but as expected u read only half of the feedback. The problem is not only that the mobs were too easy, but also that the rewards are extremely bad. It was said on numerous occasions that the difficulty of the content should only be buffed if the rewards are being buffed respectively.

What u are doing now will have the opposite effect: longer runs with more mobs to kill , but same lacking rewards, thus making it even less desirable to run for most people.
    Hey Jazzi,

We certainly heard all of the feedback, and while there wasn't an immediate change made within the week we have had many discussions and taken note of these for potential future changes. Itemization is a very difficult thing to just change, as it snowball's into all future content and expectations we had moving forward with AL item progress as well. We definitely heard the feedback, it just isn't something actionable in less than a week's time.

- Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post

1.I ran all maps once in solo. Indeed the damage of some mobs seems buffed quite a bit. I died quite a few times, which is significantly more than the 0 times the first i ran through when they were released . Some of the attacks will be certain one hits in a full pt.
    2.I do less damage per hit to the shielded gladiator that i do to planar boss 2 and I think we all know about him
    3. Now we need almost 4 times more mobs (about 70 in cryo mines) in order to spawn the boss
    4. All in all 4 times more mobs and 2 times more health= 8 times more effort for the same rewards. Seems like one of the best updates so far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey Jazzi,

We certainly heard all of the feedback, and while there wasn't an immediate change made within the week we have had many discussions and taken note of these for potential future changes. Itemization is a very difficult thing to just change, as it snowball's into all future content and expectations we had moving forward with AL item progress as well. We definitely heard the feedback, it just isn't something actionable in less than a week's time.

- Carapace
    Hi Carapace,

I understand that and especially the part about it snowballing into future content. I think the expansion bows are a good example of that.

However, as I said in another post in another thread, this would not have been the first time when u change only half of the thing and never implement the rest. I am just worried that this might happen again. Further the content was made much harder than before, but the rewards stayed the same. While some of us, who follow this discussion here might be hopeful that the rewards would change as well, those who don't use the forum are just quite frustrated atm. I hope the implementation of a rewarding experience in the new elite maps will be swift and will hit a spot where every one is happy. The latter being definitely more important than the former

P.S. This is just curiosity, but I think many share an interest in regards to this question: Why was the elite content released without any elite loot in the first place?
    Last edited by Jazzi; 09-03-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    70 in cryogem mines?o.O I did elite cryo too after update was a bit less for me, probably cuz I'm a mage.#ALcaters2mages.
    Rough count. Ran the map once only. might be bad counting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Hi Carapace,

I understand that and especially the part about it snowballing into future content. I think the expansion bows are a good example of that.

However, as I said in another post in another thread, this would not have been the first time when u change only half of the thing and never implement the rest. I am just worried that this might happen again. Further the content was made much harder than before, but the rewards stayed the same. While some of us, who follow this discussion here might be hopeful that the rewards would change as well, those who don't use the forum are just quite frustrated atm. I hope the implementation of a rewarding experience in the new elite maps will be swift and will hit a spot where every one is happy. The latter being definitely more important than the former

P.S. This is just curiosity, but I think many share an interest in regards to this question: Why was the elite content released without any elite loot in the first place?

Well, elite runs certainly aren't encouraging currently and I've been running them less other than the daily tags in case I decide to go for it one day. At the moment, it's becoming more and more obvious that company resources are being put towards COC. It's understandable since it's a small company, but I hope they don't put all their eggs in that basket and do more with AL. The backpack vanity system is evidence that they still care! The elite system is the next area that needs an overhaul.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 09-03-2015 at 06:16 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You mention that there's a lack of items to farm. Do you think that by adding more drops the value of those insignias and jewels will go down and further aggravate the farming issue? There are many players at different stages in this game. Some want to get a particular item quickly so they want that item to drop more frequently. Others already have that item (or maybe want to continue farming that item) and thus want it to remain scarce so the price on the consignment shop is high. We all want farmable things and also want things dropping frequently and it's incredibly difficult to find a solution to please everyone.
    I think I have a solution that will please everyone:

1) keep the insignia drop rates the same as they are in the non-elite dungeons.

2) remove all the legendary items that currently drop from the elite dungeons -- they are all the same crap legendary items that drop in the non-elite dungeons. Instead, replace those drops with insignias. It is crazy that one week into the release of elite dungeons, I can loot a legendary item from an elite boss, list it for 999 gold, and it doesn't sell. I can remember seasons when the worst legendary item dropping from elite bosses was worth 5-10k, and that was a month or more into the season.

3) As new "elite" legendary gear is added in the future (I'm assuming this will be the case), add those to the same drop table as the insignias, but only in the elite dungeons. As time goes on, there will be less demand for insignias as more players complete that set, so it makes sense that over time they drop at a lower rate as more other elite legendary gear is added to the drop table.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It would be awesome if new mythic lvl 46 can be ...."TRADABLE"....so everyone won't think they're wasting thier time running elites just to get the recipes. Then, once you complete all the recipes for one mythic the time crafting would be same as "Nekro" 5 days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

anyway for anyone who don't know,
    we can farm padded helm, scavenger armors, impressive rings, prospector amulet in normal maps

and in elite map, we can loot orc chest which has supreme helm, forager armors, vigorous rings, and stalagtite amulet in its loot table. these sets are better than those farmed in normal maps, equal to orcslaying armor, and some of the type can't be looted from any rengol locks...

with the exception of padded cap (for rogue) giving more armor than supreme cap... which is strange

the problem is these gears are not better than imbued, because imbued give too many critical value which can become far too op if we give it more... these are percentage value, but it can be increased linearly...

i think both dodge and crit have to have soft limit or change how these values is calculated, e.g. to increase 1% crit we have to have dex as much as 10% of our level

anyway i don't like the new difficulty, mage without elondrian gun can not help disabling the mobs, and there is strange cases where orc gladiator getting enraged without any orcs killed, and orc brute doing normal attack with 20k-noncrit damage to my mage, mobs count needed to spawn boss is a lot more than in normal maps, map 1 which usually the easiest map that many can runs are not there anymore thanks to strong mobs grouped together, no more smart plays can be done with mage, it is all about damage now
    Last edited by extrapayah; 09-03-2015 at 11:52 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post: