Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Market Crash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

there are reasons of undercutting, they might need quick money, or the things are not selling even if we listed in 3 days, etc

these are things that are complicated to control, and auction house's price has never failed to reflect real value of many things
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that some people undercut other merchants very aggressively on the consignment shop.

Here's an example:

The lowest priced Arcane Shard is listed at 685k.
    The next lowest is priced at 720k.

That's a 35K difference. Instead of dropping the price by 35k at a time maybe try listing your shard at 719,999 so the price only drops 1 gold at a time. That aggressive undercutting of prices drives the market down very quickly.
    If i wanna buy something and i see that there is 719,999 and 720,000 i'll go buy the 720,000.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

One thing I've noticed is that some people undercut other merchants very aggressively on the consignment shop.

Here's an example:

That's a 35K difference. Instead of dropping the price by 35k at a time maybe try listing your shard at 719,999 so the price only drops 1 gold at a time. That aggressive undercutting of prices drives the market down very quickly.
    You seem to have pointed out a problem, but if there is a solution in your answer, I don't see it.

If you really want to keep values high, you should institute higher liquidation amounts. Or, I don't know, make the new myth set worth getting.

The same is true for jewels. Frankly, I'm surprised prices aren't lower than they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    there are reasons of undercutting, they might need quick money, or the things are not selling even if we listed in 3 days, etc

these are things that are complicated to control, and auction house's price has never failed to reflect real value of many things
    That's it exactly. I can't stand relisting items .. .which you have to do basically all the time unless you indeed do put in in there for significantly less than the person above you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Whenever i post in CS i am willing to undercut the items as much as long as the profit is within acceptable amount.

with conditions:
    *I already have the pet/item
    *The one im using is better
    *Item demand
    *Availability
    *Time of the year
    *Do i need a quick gold regarding of profit.

example.

Lowest Nekro posted is 4.5m
    I am willing to go as much as 4.1m-4.2m as long as i breach 4m mark.

The way I see it, Nekro are everywhere and are being crafted by everyone just now 3 Nekro got finished on our guild, I already have it, If someone will buy it and sell it for 4.3m or 4.4m I am perfectly fine with it , give and take. What i see as a problem if I post as 4.499m and the next posted 4.900m no matter if we undercut it by 1 or 50 its not going to sell or is going to be sitting there for a while, so you'll try "vending" it on towns then all youll get as an offer is 4.1m or 4.2m.

Even if you did not post in CS, and try selling via "shouting" or "vending" on town map, AL player nature will undercut it by ((4.5m cs list fee) + town discount) so in the end youll still end up selling 4.1m-4.3m,

Even if the lowest Nekro listed got adjusted to 4.3m then the whole thing will adjust with it so youll now get a 3.9m-4m offer.

This undercut value of 1-100/1000 only works for items with little value (energy kit 15k, jewels).
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Here's an example:

That's the consequence with a free market system.

A transaction will only occur when both parties (buyer and seller) are satisfied. If seller's price is too high for the buyer, the transaction would not occur, and vice versa.

"Aggressive undercutting" only happens when the prices of auction do not reflect the general demand of the economy. Like I said before, players will only buy if the price is right. Sellers, who are all motivated to cut their losses, will undercut to have their assets sold. If runaway undercutting is present, it means that the price has not reached market equilibrium (a price that does not fluctuate significantly).

Undercutting is natural. The items are simply overvalued in most cases.

P.S. Controlling prices won't work. Sellers would actually lose money by undercutting by 1g. If people don't buy, sellers won't get paid.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 09-14-2015 at 10:45 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Here's an example:

If I'm as a buyer, 1 gold difference not interest me to buy. I'm just wait for other merchant who need gold quickly and undercut their price aggressively. Except if I really need the item.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I usually don't buy from cs. I look for what i need in towns and forum. I'm paying maximum 10% less of the item listed in cs which costs between 0g -2m. For other items with a higher value than 2m im paying 200k less or more.

Undercutting only decreases item's value in towns .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I usually don't buy from cs. I look for what i need in towns and forum. I'm paying maximum 10% less of the item listed in cs which costs between 0g -2m. For other items with a higher value than 2m im paying 200k less or more.

Undercutting only decreases item's value in towns .
    Except the many cases, when people in towns selling for more than auction price. Dunno what they think.