Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End game? (My thoughts)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default End game? (My thoughts)

Well, personally I have found my self bored with pocket legends because the lack of endgame content. Many gamers like my self play games because of the competition between others to be the best in the game. Unfortunately when I play pocket legends I do not feel that " gamer high" when doing the content that has been released. I understand that the gaming audience is targeted to the teen crowd but the game is too "easy" to get the best gear, and the dungeons are easy. (All dungeons can be completed by any player, all you need is enough time to get through it.)

The fun in MMORPGS is to make friends with fellow gamers and try to achieve become the best player you can be as well as help others.

Suggestion:

There needs to be some sort of endgame content that takes more than 5 min to beat.

The pink gear that you obtain should take weeks. The point of a mmorpg is to progress though time building your character up to better.

Also some sort of modified ranking system. Currently the leader boards are useless. It takes no skill to get on them, it only takes time farming lower level content.... (No skill)

Also GCD was a step in the right direction in making the game feel more like a mmo because no players need to actually a little bit when casting spells.

Thats all I wanted to say. I really like the STS gaming community(no harsh feeling) and those are my thoughts. Feel free criticize. :P
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    The pink gear that you obtain should take weeks.
    Lol, U Mad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe the reasoning behind the game being too, "easy" is that PL is supposed to take on a pick-up and play feel. The access to play the game whenever you want, at ease. Although, the game does also accommodate hardcore style gamers with quest systems, farming, merchanting, and otherwise.

Though, I do understand WHY you're saying all that you are, but I think STS has reasons for the way the game is put together also. ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think a lot of the older players feel this way, including myself. There is just no real challenge and the new content gets old in 1-2 days, including most gear looks being reused. I've been doing nothing but twinking for the past 4-5 months, trying to suck as much as I can out of the game and that's only fun for a short period of time.

I'm really big against the current leaderboards too because it's a joke, most of it anyway. The few legits out there (Ladylove, Toughie, etc) on the boards with some BUMS who just noob farmed kills. Sorry for the harsh delivery, but it is what it is. Farming lvl 1 zombies for months on end is not skill.

Let's be honest, pets and guilds are not on the way. We have have been talking about them for over 6 months and no mention about any development there. I'd love to see these things, but I won't hold my breath.

Nazgul, that's pretty silly to criticize a post where someone is suggesting things that keep the game more enjoyable when you reach end game content.

Nice suggestions Pew.
    Last edited by BeardedBear; 05-09-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pets and guilds need to be done BIG. Not just Ooh it's a pet, or Ooh I made a guild, either. There needs to be so much more, but that's for another thread another time. ;]

And I can understand what you guys mean, more hardcore players need more to do, while still implementing the pick up and play feel! But I don't feel these are the ways to do it. Pinks shouldn't take months, not sure if you were exaggerating or not, but should have a lower drop rate than now. Maybe a grade above pink should be released as well.
    Bosses shouldn't be so... Simple, and the same size as every other monster. They literally should be massive and intimidating.
    :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

BeardedBear I am not criticizing pew's whole suggestion, but the pink drop rate particularly. I'm already bored to wait for one pink to drop (I'm in BS now) having a even lower drop rate, would mean suicide for me. If you think It's silly, just because it doesn't coincide with what you think is good end-game content, well that is silly. There are other good end-game suggestion (mainly pvp oriented)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    BeardedBear I am not criticizing pew's whole suggestion, but the pink drop rate particularly. I'm already bored to wait for one pink to drop (I'm in BS now) having a even lower drop rate, would mean suicide for me. If you think It's silly, just because it doesn't coincide with what you think is good end-game content, well that is silly. There are other good end-game suggestion (mainly pvp oriented)
    He wouldn't have thought/said anything if you would have explained yourself like you just did (and have a valid point, which you do) instead of just saying "LOL u mad?" which explains nothing and is a borderline troll comment
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All I do is PVP actually and that's not end-game content, you can do that with any level. Simply saying "lol you mad" isn't very helpful though, nor explains your opinion. Of course, you are free to say what you like and don't have to agree with other player's opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Well seeing how the direction of the game is going... (content beaten within the day it's out) it would be really be helpful in the experience of becoming a better player (loot and skill) that we actually have to earn pinks.

They are basically given out..

There is nothing to do but stockpile on gold and twink..
    (Yes I killed a dev)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

But Moar, the point-of-view you are taking is that it's about "beating the new content". If that's your goal, of course you're done in short order. I feel that's too easy a goal. Even I can beat the new content in a day, hehehe. Have you taken a team of level 25s into the new level 21-25 content? Because I think you'd be a little more challenged. We've also been talking about trying to put together a team of level 21s and 22s to take on the new content.

I'm saying, sometimes you have to take the initiative and change the difficulty parameters yourself.

And I disagree with Bearded, too, about the look of the new items. The crystalline stuff isn't to my taste but the onyx just rocks (pardon my obvious pun!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

My "Lol, u mad" was a ironic sentence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

My "Lol, u mad" was a ironic sentence
    Not a very good one. Bearded is one of the coolest and calmest dudes in the game, and if he misunderstood what you were "trying" to say, then almost everyone is.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoarPewPew View Post
    The pink gear that you obtain should take weeks. The point of a mmorpg is to progress though time building your character up to better.
    I'd have to point out that with the current prices in the CS, it could actually take a couple of weeks to amass enough money to buy a full set of say, Custom or Enchanted.

Otherwise, lets remember that this is a casual game. I agree that there should be more "long" levels, but we need to remember that this is the kind of game where people play on a bus on their way home on a 3G connection.

I'm forced to agree with some of the other things though. One of the reasons why PvP is popular among top level players (and twinks) is because it's much more challenging to fight each other. Perhaps a more intelligent AI would be one step in the right direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Maybe the fact that I'm a total non-gamer (meaning that aside from Farmville and Just Dance for Wii I haven't played games in years) makes me totally blind, deaf and dumb to the boringness of the game but I have to say that any time I've been bored with PL I've managed to find new challenges to then get me excited with it. I think that if your main purpose is to jump on and grind and power through all tasks then you will definitely get bored but if you take a while to smell the flowers you might find some enjoyment you've previously missed.

I don't know, I don't want to sound like I'm telling you, "YOU'RE WRONG" because I can't poo-poo another's experience but it bums me out that someone who's nice and obviously a good player is not enjoying a game that I still enjoy so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Moar, this is why I renamed my old main to a twink and re-made my main. I felt it necessary to challenge myself to do it better. For me, better means fewer deaths. My old main had over 1500 deaths. May new main has only 15 deaths (so far), and I want to get all the way to level cap with all quests complete. I never did that.

And seriously, I don't have all pink gear on the old main. I do want to complete my customized autobow set, but the drop rates are too low. I am seeking very specific items. Even if I did get some pinks to drop (and they stopped dropping for me in BS a month ago), they wouldn't be the right pinks. I have to echo nazgul asking humorously "are you mad!?" Please don't ask them to lower the pink drop rate. If you set the pink rate where it challenges those who play PL non-stop, it will make the rest of us feel very discouraged.

Have you been able to farm level 36 to 40 Osiris Str, Horus Dex, and Isis Int items? It's almost impossible. People use these items for dual twinks. You can't farm them in cozy little corridors where your bear clusters up the mobs so you can just mow them down. You have to run around the sand where the mobs are all spread out. People don't play there (AO1) except to level. A team of bored level cappers could farm a week and only get a few of these. I just don't know why they aren't more expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

a agree, not enough end game content
    thats why i havent used kossi in ages
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since 2 weeks i do mainly pvp, and i love it. If there is no room in a game i do several runs and do some trades in cs.
    I hope the new lvlupgrade to 61 will bring a us some challanging elitedungeons. And many new pinks and sets.
    Pvp, xp and pink farming, cs, thats all what i need xD
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

the only reason why pew pew says its not fun anymore, and why pinks should be dropped less.. and the game should become harder.. me bein an extremely old player totaly agree, cause since the new game came out (order and chaos) which is competition for PL. I havent touched my PL app on my ipod... and its been about 2 weeks or longer now.. i like the suggestions that pew pew said.. they are very god.. and like bear said i dont think guilds and or pets and stuff are not on the way as we as a PL community have asked for. I think STS is great, but with new games coming out i really thing PL should pick up their socks..

Still a great game.. but needs that extra touch!
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I understand that many people "twink" because of lack of content to fill the gap between releases. In my opinion there should be enough content to keep the player entertained untill a week or two before the next major content update.

Currently, the game is very repeative and yes crafting did bring some variety but it's the same old game mechanics.(also some of the upgraded pinks are worse)
    I really think STS needs change the game to make it so that it takes time to earn items. (working up to it)
    This game takes patience, not skill at the present time. Sorry if I seem harsh.
    (Yes I killed a dev)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There could certainly be some tweaks made in pve to make things moar challenging or moar fun, but I think the next big push for the Devs should be pvp and guilds. If pvp has rewards(such as items, gold, and pvp only gear) and rankings that change if you lose or win( like rank that shows up in stats), half the people will spend hours and days in pvp. As for guilds, social networking is at the heart of mmo's. The Devs do an outstanding job communicating with us. Compare the feedback you get from other games I dare you. However, I say again, if you want pocket legends or b* to be at the top of the mobile games of the year again, make pvp big and empower and encourage good forms of socization in game.
    Charmonda: He started dancing on me and so I started dancing on him. You now how we do: