Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Version 1.7.2 has been submitted to Apple!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Omg, this is too funny. I make a poke at your name twice, and refer to a situation (not a person) as hypocritical and I'm a troll now?! That's cool, we can all read what you believe I am for a lighthearted joke. In the end a guardian stepped in and came to your aid so I guess that's my que to bow out. Guess he was right in the end, you are a bit moody huh?
    Every few months or so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like how u can gain exp for quest no theres a reason to do quest other than just getting mystery items lol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

LOL! Banned doesn't need me to come to his aid. I just wanted to play. Please play. It can be fun. But y'know my wife does that, too. She says don't be an idiot. I say it's not nice to call me that. She says she wasn't specifically referring to me in the present tense; it's some conditional case whatever. She's an English teacher. How do I argue with that? It's the same thing. The word hypocrit and the situation of being hypocritical are about as different as me not really being an idiot, only being told NOT to be one. And when I said say that someone is hypocritical is more trollish than whining, by this logic, I didn't call you a troll. Do I have that right? hehe

Come on, Gluttony. It's supposed to be fun.

He's only moody once a month, anyways. LOL!
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 05-18-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know the patch is not out yet, but i already have a question/request/complaint ...
    i have done lots of quests on my 53 mage... i would love to see that the exp from those quests is added to my exp now... its not like you cannot know how many quests i have done or any player has done.. its on the system.. and also the system knows exactly which ones have been done.. so i would suggest to add the exp given by each one of them with some formula that calculates how much should that exp be if the player is lvl 10 or 50..
    plz think about it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

yeah because i didnt know about the quest xp thing until after i completed a bunch of quests...but if they give like 5 xp a quest, id forget it..but if its like 6xp..then...im...like......hell yeah!
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    • Elixirs now persist for a period of real-world time through death, dungeon changes and logouts.
    • You should be able to view the elixirs on your character in the avatar screen by tapping "Elixir Buffs".
    • You can purchase elixirs with gold again!
    • Store/Purchasing Improvements

• The store has been completely reworked to improve ease of use.
    • You should find in most cases it will take you substantially fewer clicks to reach your destination
    • It’s now possibly to quickly compare items in the store with your current equipment.
    • Many feature purchases which were previously buried in the store are now made quickly from the relevant UI. These include emotes, campaigns, inventory slots, auction slots, stash slots, etc.
    • Improved secure trade! When both players agree to a trade a new window appears showing the entire trade in a locked state. While in this state no adjustments can be made. Each player can then chose to accept or decline the final trade.
    • Completing quests can now grant experience.
    • Added /trade <name> command. This allow you to quickly trade with someone in a crowded area. No more digging through player names for the person you want to trade with.
    • Fixed completed quests display when inspecting another player.
    • When wielding a 2 handed weapon, offhand vanity items are no longer visible and no longer hide the weapon.
    • The skill book icon no longer appears when your character has less than four skills
    • Quick chat supports more text, up to two lines
    • Account details now shows account creation date
    • Unregistered accounts should now be able to purchase character renames
    • The client now knows if it could not connect to the server because the internet connection isn't working or if the server is actually down for maintenance. The correct message is displayed accordingly.
    • Possible fix for Gurgox sounds not working correctly under Android
    • You can now reserve your character's name for Blackstar!
    I am sad about Corp's fix not being implemented, happy about elixirs for gold, and happy about Gurgox being possibly fixed. More details on how BS name reserves work, please? And price?
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    That wouldn't make sense though, because I know some of the people I know imitate my name with misspellings and whatnot. It would likely be abused.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you know. And yes it would make sense, if you consider some people (Ex: Myself) had to use a misspelling of their desired name because it was taken otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusofire View Post
    will we get xp for all the quests we completed?
    We better, or a lot of people who completed most or all will be very sad. Assuming it isn't a pittance, we should get it retroactively, or new characters after this update will have an experience advantage. The game keeps track of completed quests, so it should be quite easy to give the experience retroactively.
    -snip- The change that allowed people who purchased 30 plat of more for the shield was sad -snip-
    How is compensating those who got 30 or more plat and recognising more people sad? Just because a person didn't get a bank's worth of plat doesn't mean they should have gotten jack after it all went free. This is fairness, not sadness. Also very happy TJ-earned plat counted for this. Just because I didn't pay for it out of pocket doesn't mean STS got no money, and I'm glad more people were recognized.

63 plat and counting. I support STS in my own way.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-18-2011 at 10:03 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Come on, Gluttony. It's supposed to be fun.
    Oh it was never anything else than pure fun. I said you came to Banned's aid, never that he needed it. He has proved that he can handle himself... and yes you nailed the situational word play, you indeed never actually directly called me a troll. It was all simantics and never more than just good clean wordplay for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Just because a person didn't get a bank's worth of plat doesn't mean they should have gotten jack after it all went free. This is fairness, not sadness. Also very happy TJ-earned plat counted for this. Just because I didn't pay for it out of pocket doesn't mean STS got no money, and I'm glad more people were recognized.
    It's more sad that a decision was made and the collective uproar that the "have-nots" made caused enough panic at STS hq to cause them to backpedal. It was stated there was going to be a veteran's system put into place so that different people would get different things, but guess the mass of collective negativity was beating down STS' doors. I just think it sets a bad example and it's negative reinforcement is all.

Edit: Also how did STS get money if all that was done was dling other apps, opening them for seconds and deleting them (it's what I do)?
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-18-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Cool, Gluttony. Cuz' I only jumped in because it looked like so much fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Exactly, please the have-nots because it is unfair otherwise. Get off your high horse and realize that this is a compromise, man. And no, it is positive reinforcement. If STS is nicer like this, people see their requests being heard. You scratch my back, and I scratch yours. Give us stuff, and we will want to support you more. I'm seriously considering charging plat out of pocket soon. They listen. Well mostly. I like devs who listen.

As to your edit, think about it. Plat is not actually free. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but somebody still pays for it. TJ pays STS and any other company for every point of virtual currency it gives out, and I'm sure there's a small dividend being paid to the dev of the downloaded app as well. TJ earns money off advertising things for people. Marketing and income. It's another instance of you scratch my back, and I scratch yours.

All of this is making sense to you, right?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-18-2011 at 11:06 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Cool, Gluttony. Cuz' I only jumped in because it looked like so much fun
    Agreed, I don't know how the masses didn't jump in. I saw another GoA wanting to jump in the pool, but was fearful of the sharks.

Exactly, please the have-nots because it is unfair otherwise. Get off your high horse and realize that this is a compromise, man. And no, it is positive reinforcement. If STS is nicer like this, people see their requests being heard. You scratch my back, and I scratch yours. Give us stuff, and we will want to support you more. I'm seriously considering charging plat out of pocket soon. They listen. Well mostly. I like devs who listen.

As to your edit, think about it. Plat is not actually free. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but somebody still pays for it. TJ pays STS and any other company for every point of virtual currency it gives out, and I'm sure there's a small dividend being paid to the dev of the downloaded app as well. TJ earns money off advertising things for people. Marketing and income. It's another instance of you scratch my back, and I scratch yours.

All of this is making sense to you, right?
    It was never designed to be fair, it was a reward for people who the devs felt helped them achieve their goals. A reward almost always has someone left out because not everyone can get one. Why not just make a "you downloaded the game" shield. High horse, you're assuming that I have a shield right? I didn't purchase any plat, I love the game but it can change at a moments notice and become something I would touch again, so no money invested for me tyvm. The definition of negative reinforcement is rewarding someone for bad behavior, can we all agree that complaining about the fact that you didn't get something that other's got is indeed negative?

I have no idea if TJ pays PL for anything but the wall space, I doubt it's a commission thing because that just seems like a bad business move on TapJoy's part.

Finally, no... please explain how rewarding a crying baby (or group of babies) with a shiny new toy is positive reinforcement.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-18-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Okay, more fair than before. Better choice of words maybe? Considering I wasn't one of the complainers, I see it as completely positive reinforcement for those who got at least 30+ plat in any manner. Get 30 plat before free update (Good thing), get shield (Good thing). That's another way to see it.

Please go take a business class or listen to some logic. 99% of things in this world are not truly free. Somebody still pays for the plat, man. Common sense. I have no doubt in my mind that the majority of the employees involved love their jobs, but at the end of the day both companies are out to make a buck. There is no money to be made in truly free plat. When we use TJ both companies make some money. In effect, this is another way to support STS for those who can't simply charge plat, and because I love the game I do it gladly and enjoy the plat. I assume you TJ for plat too since you mentioned downloading and deleting too. BTW I kept Shadow Era! Game rocks, but I use all of mine on PL so I never have any left for SE.

Did you not read the back scratching analogy? Rewarding people for supporting the company prompts them to continue doing so. Forgive me for seeing the good in everything. *eye roll*
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-18-2011 at 11:54 PM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Please go take a business class or listen to some logic. 99% of things in this world are not truly free. Somebody still pays for the plat, man. Common sense. I have no doubt in my mind that the majority of the employees involved love their jobs, but at the end of the day both companies are out to make a buck. There is no money to be made in truly free plat. When we use TJ both companies make some money. In effect, this is another way to support STS for those who can't simply charge plat, and because I love the game I do it gladly and enjoy the plat. I assume you TJ for plat too since you mentioned downloading and deleting.
    Pretty sure that my statement of: I doubt it's a commission thing because that just seems like a bad business move on TapJoy's part, actually shows I have some business sense. TJ has walls in many games, so paying a developer a flat fee or a monthly flat rate to use be featured in another devs application would be in their best interest. It's probably more like TJ works as a mediator and just transfers the money from one party to the other after taking their cut. Paying based on what games get downloaded by whom would be a drain on their pockets as I imagine most people dl the free games for the in-game currency they receive in their favorite app (I imagine this is why Apple has an issue with TJ currently as their offers just boost download numbers for certain apps).

I understand the back scratching, but I also see that it promotes more whining in the long run. If the devs make a decision and stick to it (when it comes to presents) then people would learn that venting about it won't alleviate their ailment. Kind of like the beggars in Balefort, if you feed them one they just keep coming back for more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay!! Lvl 56 here i come!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Pretty sure that my statement of: I doubt it's a commission thing because that just seems like a bad business move on TapJoy's part, actually shows I have some business sense. TJ has walls in many games, so paying a developer a flat fee or a monthly flat rate to use be featured in another devs application would be in their best interest. It's probably more like TJ works as a mediator and just transfers the money from one party to the other after taking their cut. Paying based on what games get downloaded by whom would be a drain on their pockets as I imagine most people dl the free games for the in-game currency they receive in their favorite app (I imagine this is why Apple has an issue with TJ currently as their offers just boost download numbers for certain apps).

I understand the back scratching, but I also see that it promotes more whining in the long run. If the devs make a decision and stick to it (when it comes to presents) then people would learn that venting about it won't alleviate their ailment. Kind of like the beggars in Balefort, if you feed them one they just keep coming back for more.
    Must you quote a post directly above you? I only quote if it isn't the post above me. Otherwise weird things happen. You get an old version, which is very likely to happen with my posts because I edit at least five times before I'm satisfied. At least with me, don't do it unless you enjoy being told to go read old posts because I put in an edit you didn't read. Also it is annoying to scroll through my own post. I wrote it and read it, so I don't need to see it again, especially if it is outdated.

Moving on.

Well then you see/understand that the free plat is not truly free? Somebody still pays for it one way or another. My idea was just one idea and yours seems entirely feasible too, with more details.

Although I agree on the beggars in Bale (The most outlandish I've seen being "give me 100k!!!" by a level 50 something. Wow, just wow) again I see it as encouraging people to speak their mind about problems to devs who are there and listen. I dunno about other people, but I'd be more inclined to give money to devs who address my concerns than ones who don't and hardly post on the forums. If people see that the devs don't address their concerns, about something enough people feel is bad, then they all they learn is that the devs don't care and decide to take their money/TJ elsewhere. But again I guess that's just me? Forgive me for seeing the good sides of everything.

We seem to agree for the most part? Regardless, I think it is time I slept so goodnight. If you're still having issues with what I post we can "talk" more tomorrow when I'm up and if I'm not playing PL.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-19-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This update is so cool Tyvm STS!!!!! Love ya Devs ;-D

Where should we reserve our names ?
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree they removed my post because they said it was rude lol ...so ill say it again...wow thx devs! Now my sog is totally useless maybe ill sell it for gold or trade it? Oh wait I can't so i guess I'm just stuck with it and cant use it or wait maybe ill put it on just in towne as a reminder to all about how sts will stick it up ur rear end without even the decency of using vasolene or a reach around!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I love the game but it can change at a moments notice and become something I would touch again, so no money invested for me tyvm.
    I assume you meant to say "would never touch again". I do not think your attitude is fair. Everything changes. The coffee shop changes. The roads sometimes need work so you have to detour. One boss gets dumped another takes his place. The sky changes from gray to blue. If you are always worried how those things will change, you might as well stay in and never go anywhere. But it will come to your house.

Instead, think of paying the devs for WHAT YOU GOT OUT OF IT SO FAR.

Should we choose not to fall in love because the loved one will die? You can't let fear of change stop you from living. And you can't let fear of change in a game stop you from doing THE RIGHT THING and paying the people who have ALREADY given you, for free, an awesome game... which you say you love.

Sorry, but I couldn't let it pass. It just seems like an excuse to not pay the devs. tyvm

(((looking around... we need Yoda... "always thinking about where he's going, never his mind on where he is right now!))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi, when we can download 1.7.2 at the android market?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Dual shivs... LOL! That must have looked funny to see someone pushing a shield around like it's a wheelbarrow.

I'd like to see, maybe for next April Fool's, a "Glitch Day" where we can all get pink cubes and equip shields with a 2-H. Especially if it's the kind where the huge bastard sword juts through the shield. That was epic.
    Totally need that mystery helm glitch where it was actually a sword instead of a helm. For some epic pics, check out:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-helm-graphics

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xantor View Post
    I agree they removed my post because they said it was rude lol ...so ill say it again...wow thx devs! Now my sog is totally useless maybe ill sell it for gold or trade it? Oh wait I can't so i guess I'm just stuck with it and cant use it or wait maybe ill put it on just in towne as a reminder to all about how sts will stick it up ur rear end without even the decency of using vasolene or a reach around!!!
    Here, I've got something for your whining about a bonus shield they didn't even have to give you.

Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage