Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Official Duel Arena Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diimitrii View Post
    Lol they released what every1 wanted and now you all gonna complain? If you don't like it don't play the new duels!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk
    I believe other players gives their suggestions for better duel, not complaining.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

o.O so there is now PvP duel option???
    And the plot thickens, watch this space for my comeback

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by famousfame; 10-13-2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Bah nvm changed my mind sts and game still sucks muhahahahha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I liked all suggestion less the boss spawn and obstacles... its a player vs player not player vs player vs boss... and i dont think will be a good idea put level requirements for arena... example... a level 41 cant can fight a lvl 46 because the requirement... the low lvls can reject the invites soo i think its a bad idea... but anothers ideas like 3 secounds respawn, show gear before duel, the chat instant /all, etc are'nt bad ideas either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I agree with all of the points except the #1.
    This duel thing is not lb stuff so it is fun to let people duel at any levels. It really helped me testing some stuffs I always wanted to test with higher and lower levels together in pvp.
    The stat farming is an issue.
    I hope stg don't let the duel stats to be shown in avatar/characters' stats.
    It encourages all those dummy farmings. Showing dueling stats in character screen ruins all the purposes of duels.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diimitrii View Post
    Lol they released what every1 wanted and now you all gonna complain? If you don't like it don't play the new duels!
    My thoughts exactly.
    The dead cannot be killed.
    Ft. Nuisanze, Crucifixxion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chronexia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Aside from the obvious shortcomings of gear difference and class imbalance that affects (determines really) a 1 vs 1 match, there are some serious issues with the 1 vs 1 arena. These are enumerated below-]

1) Players of any level can duel each other. A solution would be to apply the same level restrictions as ctf and tdm to duels
    2) Rogue packs and planar pendant procs of all classes remain in the map even after the duel is over.
    3) There is no countdown before the match starts after the players spawn. There should be a 3 second countdown, or ideally the game starts 3 seconds after both players charge their first skills
    4) The 10% damage nerf to rogues has not been applied to the map
    5) We need some obstacles to hide behind. Even a mini boss like Trulle in tdm would do. As it is right now, it is just spamming skills till your enemy dies, especially with rogues.

From the overall design and method of dueling, it feels like barely any thought has been put into this map. The spawn area for the planar arena has been used as the map, and there are several fatal shortcomings in this arena. For the sake of equality and a true test of skill (or ping, whichever readers prefer), I would also like to suggest that every player be given the same gear (class respective) when they duel. If this is to be implemented, there should continue to be to banners or achievement points of any reward other than a few numbers on the character avatar screen.

PS: Feel free to add to the list if you have any other issues with the arena.

Edit (1): Get rid of the 3-4 seconds after you or your opponent dies. All rogues use it for is to strategically place packs where the opponent will spawn. Alternatively, randomize spawn locations so the pack stack isn't as effective.

Edit (2):
    1) Get rid of team chat in duel arena. Its pointless and just wastes our time by making us type /a.

2) If you receive a duel invitation, make the player duel in the gear which he had equipped when he received the invitation. Make it such that players can't equip weak gear for the purpose of getting duel invitations and then showing up in maxed out gear.
    *Note - (2) is in case my original suggestion of giving everyone equal gear is not implemented.
    I have to agree with King's assessment that insufficient thought, effort, or time was put into the development of the 1v1 arena. Repurposing preexisting code is a smart, moneysaving practice and can produce great results, but c'mon STS, really? I love you guys, but sloppy development practices hurt everyone... especially your bottom line.

I would add that Duel KDR should be removed from the avatar screen since it's not on any leaderboard. Including it just discourages players from dueling and encourages dummy farming.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I say keep the arena, makes the game more fun. Just fix the bugs, like how the rouge packs stay there.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xdumbx View Post
    I say keep the arena, makes the game more fun. Just fix the bugs, like how the rouge packs stay there.
    Honestly, it isn't that hard to tell the players who have a real from fake kdr. I have like 30 kills and 10 deaths, and every time I see a rogue with a 30:1 fake kdr, I challenge them. Guess what? Not even one has accepted my challenge. Just goes to show how much people care for a number that proves nothing but the fact that they have been killing some undergeared player.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

You don't have enough time to skill switch during fights... wtf my entire strategy is ruined

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i think having it able to invite any level players and no damage debuff on rogue will make duel a good place to test skill mechanics,
    plus the fact that the stat doesn't count to any pvp AP, the thing that might pose a problem is having it displayed in character stat, making people get way too serious

it will be great though it we can have both:
    1. a place to practice and test where we can choose to have pvp rules/limitation to be applied / not, to test/practice with skill mechanic, and additional pvp mechanic, and
    2. another place to do serious duel, where pvp limitations is there.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

There should be a 10 second wall or bubble at start and between matches so players can swap skills according to their opponents or try different pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Aaa sir sts just a suggestion mmm plz can u let those who will ask chalenge or those who accept chalenge to cannot leave unless duel is done? Coz its really annoying that someone wud chalenge you and wen dey die ones they leave..its a duel and so plz make it a real duel like wen ur at it u cant get out unless its over..thanks a lot sta hopemul see on to this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PvP duels should be removed from the kdr in my opinion. And dont make a LB about duels cuz dummy farming is rly easy with this. It could also be nice to make duels depending on level because i find this quite unfair for lvl 46 people to duel lvl 5 or 6...

mesalin

I agreed.
    Just hide stats if there is no LB and it don't count to anything. Visit windmoore... You'll know for what.
    Players on PC can start faster than players playing with android device.
    There should be like in CTF break shield then count down.
    Add Lvl zone. 46 vs 46.
    And not 1 vs 46.
    If STS can't add shield then just anything to make it fair and fun.

<Forgiveness>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

The option to face higher levels are great for me. Keeps me motivated and such, and the thing that it isn't on lb is good to prevent dummy farming. Besides, if sts were to somehow make a duel tournament (where big amount of kdrs would serve as a participation ticket) its the dummy farmer's loss, getting rekt all over despite of having an appealing kdr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Fix the chrome users spawn kill in duel arena please. Its easy, make a bubble, or a wall, similar like in ctf rooms, and make the countdown a bit longer, so we can map skills, or switch pets after each battle, they are so fast anyways. Maybe the environment effects (combat medic, planar amulet crystals, pet abilities like sns, nilbog, toor pools) disappear too in 10 sec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

1) A lobby or room (the arena will do) while you wait for an random opponent would be great!

2) Neither player can see their opponents name until the fight actually begins. "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gon get" - Forest

3) Best of 3 rounds; one is not enough and it's not fun that way. Players can change their strategy from the first round and in doing this, come out the victor.

4) You can even charge a small fee to enter, not too much. 100g? Only charged once you enter the arena. Win or lose, you end up back in the lobby/arena and await your next opponent. You won't get charged gold as long as you stay in the arena. If you really wanted a rematch with the same person, you can always send them a message and organize it that way or you can meet by chance again while waiting in the lobby/arena.

Most important:

5) Leaving, Disconnecting/Rage-Quitting will result in a Loss and a BAN for 60 minutes.

Thoughts:

I think the random opponents system is the best way to gauge a player through their wins/losses. The present system/method is susceptible to cheating by dueling dummy accounts and faking their wins/losses.

What if friends meet up in the Arena and don't want to fight each other? This can be an issue so have the system not pair the player with players on their friends list.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you for fixing mythic staff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wish u can get reward in duel

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan Nguyen For This Useful Post: