Thread: Devs should make summoner for next char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Devs should make summoner for next char

I honestly think for a new char for PL it should be some kinda summoner/necromancer someone that can curse other creatures and summon dead enemies. I also understand this might affect the lagg issue that is already a problem right now but I think it should be done after they have this lagg thing figured out. everyone keeps saying there should be a rogue/assasin for a new char and that isn't a bad idea but if you think about it there already are assasin type builds now with the dagger n all plus we have a warrior,a enchantress/wizard,we have a archer the only thing were missing now is a summoner based char it would make such a wicked and cool class thanks spacetime keep up the good work.

Proud LEGENDS member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmmm, the effects will cause even more lag!, i think enchantress effects need to be lowered because it creates alot of lag

personally i want a healer/melee character introduced, who doesnt have direct heals but more heal over time
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well when 1.0 was out enchantress and everything ran smoothly I know a summoner would only make the lag worse but you don't think the devs will find out what the problem is and fix it. This game has been full of suprizes and if they do fix the lagg you gotta admit a necromancer would be a super cool and wicked char to have in your raids the curses that summoners usually have are and would be extremely benefitial to a group doing hard boss campaigns which Im pretty sure we will be facing sooner or later.

Proud LEGENDS member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This is talked about in the "long post" that is soon to come, but I was also thinking of a shapeshifter class. The class could have skills such as Bear, Cat, and nymph (or something of the sort) that when you max out, you can turn into that animal. Also, maybe you would only be able to choose one specific animal skill to max out in. The bear would be the powerhouse of the three. The cat would be the agile, nimble one. And the nymph could be the healer. Just a suggestion.

All in all, if we were able to choose between an archer, mage, warrior, necromancer, and shapeshifter, then this game would have much more depth and playability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell ya I support that idea aswell a druid or a summoner would be such a wicked class and also for the nymph shape shifting idea it should add an extra skill to the Druid/shape shifter they should be able to teleport in nymph form that would be such a wicked class. Thanks for the response rebel you have a really good idea

Proud LEGENDS member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Summoner/Shape-shifter (aka skin-changer) are great ideas for a class. Think we'll get the ever-dependable, "masters of being average" humans, tho!!

Tho' if they could dress up in that Knights Armour, with shield and sword/mace etc that would be brilliant, as someone else said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya good idea But I think if your gunna combine those classes you should be able to wield a mace or sword for the Druid shapeshifter part but necromancer summoner/curser should wield a wand or something of that sort that's what they are meant for. And if the devs do take this into consideration it would definately make the best class so far in my opinion of course.

Proud LEGENDS member
    Last edited by Infamous-D; 05-30-2010 at 07:03 PM.

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every class should be able to summon If that is the case. Why not? Or else we will have 500 summoners running around reviving the dead....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendaline View Post
    Every class should be able to summon If that is the case. Why not? Or else we will have 500 summoners running around reviving the dead....
    I don't get what you mean when you say every class should be able to summon ? It would defeat the whole purpose of a necromancer and theyre unique class. My only concern would be the limit of summons per necro because it would make the lagg horrible if there were 3 necros in one game all summoning.! But that's why I agree with the whole Druid shapeshifter mixed with necromancer type char, it would give them a variety and less of a chance to have a **** ton of summoners.

Proud LEGENDS member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy XII... Enchantresses are Necromancers.. Mages. Witches.. Warlocks.. Gandolf.. Merlin.. etc.. etc.. etc..
    Last edited by Gwendaline; 05-30-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But don't you think that would just be boring I mean having the same looking character especially in PL it's always better to have a variety of chars to choose from and plus what's the point of adding the same skill to all classes your better off just making a whole new char especially if the skills your gunna be adding are the traits of a true Druid or necromancer. In my opinion adding the same skill to all classes would just make it boring. If there's a skill I would add to the Enchantress tho it would be teleport that's a skill she deserves to have

Proud LEGENDS member
    Last edited by Infamous-D; 05-31-2010 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats what i'm saying..... If STS does implement a new character... Everyone will switch to this said new character, and then what do you have? A world full of the same Avatar! ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay I agree. What I think they should do then is make 2 new chars a Druid for shapeshifting and a necro for summoning so now we got more, for what you said tho they probably will just switch your right on that part, so what I think is add some of publics dream spells for all they're chars like mine for example make a teleport spell for the enchantress or add a multi shot for the archer or maybe even a guided arrow. And for the warrior make like a whirlwind kinda spell that unleashes a powerful berserk attack. All of these would just wanna make people wanna work on ALL characters more not just the 2 new ones and make the game even more fun than it already is

Proud LEGENDS member