Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mages are over appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    New GOA, right here? I think so . Sending recommendation, now!
    I'm so used to correcting all my friends essays that I really want to correct her post in proper English grammar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its so true that each class has its use and when used effectively can make a group very proficient. When I play my bird I use root on mobs and watch mages wreak havoc with the lightning. Break armor on bosses. When using my mage I try to watch everyones health and rez when needed.

I am not a talker in game I do my job and others do there's. Its not I don't appreciate what other players do its just awkward trying to type and kill at the same time. Even when I die I am quiet about it. If a mage steps over my corpse and doesn't revive I may just leave. I very rarely host games but one time I did the mage did not rez so I kicked him. I play a mage and sometimes lag keeps rez from activating. You have to keep that in mind sometimes when server is laggy. I got cussed out once cause a player died and because of lag he did not show up on my screen or could not locate him.

Pocket Legends Characters Timbabird -55 Oldsillymage -55
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    I'm so used to correcting all my friends essays that I really want to correct her post in proper English grammar
    Hahahahah, I love it! I took Latin in high school and more than anything it taught me proper grammar! I too am the one that everyone asks to read and correct essays!
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

After learning how to effectively play (at least as much as I have so far) all 3 chars I never take anyone for granted. I can't chat while in game as the keyboard takes up most of my screen and lags a bit so one line of chat is up to 5 seconds of downtime for my char's playtime (not good when all it can take is a sec or two to die in ao3). So I have 'thx', 'great job gang', and 'you guys rocked' preprogrammed so that I can show appreciation across the board. Since I play mostly in PUGs I can honstely say that I don't get to use them as often as I would like but love it when I can. My last one is 'yer welcome' for those that do thank me for rezing them and for those that have bitched cause I didn't rez them fast enough (guess cooldown means shyte to many peeps) as I can't help being a smart a$$ at times. LOL. Yes, I have played many times with mages who walk past my corpse and keep going without a rez, bears who scatter the mob to kingdom come/out of the room, and birds who hang back hardly using their bows - that's the nature of PUGs. When I run into those circumstances I just leave the group and find another or just make my own PUG. Either way appreciation is in the eye of the beholder - if I have spent a whole game rezing everyone without a thanx but we've all worked well as a group then the xp/loot I get is more than enough thanx for me (especially since it came in a way shorter amount of time then if I had soloed). Happy happy joy joy !!!!
    Grrls Got Game!!!
    AnRK L48 Mage . Rhyval L33 Bird . Myrddynus L30 Bear . Kharris L1 Twinkie
    Anarchy is more than a state of mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its not whether any one specific class is over or under appreciated... it all comes down to our baser instincts as humans to want some sort of tangable reciprocation (ie being thanked for doing a good job as a mage or kiting/dps'ing as archer or even tanking/beckon stomping into walls properly etc...).

When that doesn't happen, then we tend to be a little harsh in our judgements or assessments of others. Just because you aren't thanked verbally when playing bear/archer doesn't mean that the thanks aren't there... they are, just intangible. Still it WOULD be nice to be thanked for a good job at maps end. Just my 2 cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People always thank and praise birds for killing Overlord!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

When you get 2/3 into a run, and you get killed. who revives you so you dont have to run alll the way back to your team-mates? When your health bar is low and you're running out of pots, who heals the hell out of you? lol
    I don't use a mage character, but I'm just saying it saves a whole lot of time. so, thanks mages

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My main is a mage and I have to say that everyone is important. Mage can res and heal but can't tank. Warrior can tank and keep aggro but can't kite. Bird can dps like its cool and kite but he can't control a crowd. The real issue is are you playing your class right at that time? If your a mage dealing to much damage when you have a tank and u get killed, why? If your a tank why do you run in last and run out before the group of mobs are dead. If your a bird why the heck are u taking aggro from the tank and then running around and getting aggro from more mobs then the party can handle. I don't want a Ty for res I want you to quit typing and play. I will ALWAYS say good job to a group never to an individual for doing their job. Well that was my soap box.lol good discussion.