Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pharcydes list of suggestions! -- What the average player wants!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Pharcydes list of suggestions! -- What the average player wants!!

On the app store, Pocket Legends is rated 4 stars. I decided to check out the reviews to see why it wasn't 5 stars, after reading hundreds of reviews, I have compiled a list of suggestions that the average player would like implemented or changed in the game.

I tried wording some of the suggestions exactly like the reviewers did, so you can catch some of their emotions in the suggestions.

• .99 cent platinum package - A lot of players complained about not being able to buy just a few platinum.
    • More free platinum offers in tapjoy! NAAAOW!! - Many players use that as their only source of platinum income.
    • Get rid of the platinum for health/mana potions all together - pretty much 50% of the one star ratings were from low level players who quit the game, because they didn't realize you could also buy potions for gold. The potions for platinum projects an image of a greedy developer and cash sink game. Which doesn't pay off for the small "Convenience buy" every once in awhile.
    • Dull and boring content - I understand exactly why you guys are adding and revamping so much low level content now. A bulk of the poor reviews were from players who got bored out of their minds, before they got to high level content.
    • In game appeal a ban/REASON for being banned system - Although Pocket Legends doesn't want these players to be playing, they are giving horrible ratings in the app store. All though spacetime has a good ban appeal system at support@spacetimestudios.com , a lot of players don't know about this. The average ban review comment was "HORRIBLE GAME, DEVS MUTE AND BAN YOU FOR NO REASON AND NO EXPLANATION, DELETED". If theses players understood why they were banned, they would be likely to not leave such a nasty review. Quite a bit of the really really nasty reviews were because of this.
    • A lot of hype about the "Human Class" on the reviews - A lot of players want to see it implemented.
    • Not "Spiffy" enough - A lot of players see that there is no variety or distinction between gears.
    • Quests are LAAAMME - Casual players, reviewers, and hardcore players all can agree on this one. The quest system needs some "zest" added to it.
    • More classes! - A lot of players rated it 3 stars, because there isn't enough variety.

I know, I know, it's hard to please every player. But if the devs spend a little time working on potions for plat, ban system, and overall appeal of the game, they could easily get a 4.5 star rating with not so nasty of comments.

Edit: I know you guys wont get rid of it, because of the effects it has on the servers, but a lot of players were displeased with the global cool down. I know, it takes awhile to get used to. I still get annoyed with it some times, having to repetitively press the screen to get one spell to cast. I can't think of anything that would make the global cool down smoother on game play, maybe you guys could brain storm some ideas. Pocket Legends doesn't have that same kick anymore with the gcd now.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 07-04-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Platinum menu says that those pots are buyable with gold too and location of vendor.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    Platinum menu says that those pots are buyable with gold too and location of vendor.
    Yes, but the players/reviewers don't know that. Even with it oh so clearly saying that, the players just don't get it. It's presenting a very greedy image to new players. Remember, I understand all these things. I'm just restating what players on a large scale have said about the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    .99 cent platinum package - A lot of players complained about not being able to buy just a few platinum.
    Can't hurt too much.
    More free platinum offers in tapjoy! NAAAOW!! - Many players use that as their only source of platinum income.
    Not under STS's control
    In game appeal a ban/REASON for being banned system - Although Pocket Legends doesn't want these players to be playing, they are giving horrible ratings in the app store. All though spacetime has a good ban appeal system at support@spacetimestudios.com , a lot of players don't know about this. The average ban review comment was "HORRIBLE GAME, DEVS MUTE AND BAN YOU FOR NO REASON AND NO EXPLANATION, DELETED". If theses players understood why they were banned, they would be likely to not leave such a nasty review. Quite a bit of the really really nasty reviews were because of this.
    Completely agree, although when they're banned they can't log in.
    A lot of hype about the "Human Class" on the reviews - A lot of players want to see it implemented.
    Ewww. Sorry.
    Not "Spiffy" enough - A lot of players see that there is no variety or distinction between gears.
    Yes, especially at lower levels.
    More classes! - A lot of players rated it 3 stars, because there isn't enough variety.
    I'm sorry... Eww!! I'd rather have way more skills to produce variety. [/LIST]

I know, I know, it's hard to please every player. But if the devs spend a little time working on potions for plat, ban system, and overall appeal of the game, they could easily get a 4.5 star rating with not so nasty of comments.
    We haz dat in the Android Market.

If I didn't mention it, I agree, but not as much as the ones I said I agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    A Lot of those quotes are from when it didn't -- I'm guessing most of the people who 'quit' came back and saw it eventually.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Not under STS's control
    I think they can add more though. I can't find it now, but one of the devs made a post awhile back asking if players were satisfied with the number of free apps. Then they later commented in the thread stating that if there isn't enough, they can always make a request to tapjoy to get more free offers.

I'm sorry... Eww!! I'd rather have way more skills to produce variety.
    I agree, I just want to see more variety. I'm sure players would be happier if they could make a sub class within a sub class. Such as "Support Paladin, Damage Paladin, Rush Paladin, Heavy Warbird, Ninja Dex Bird, Sly Strength Bear, Strong Int Bear, ect". I'm not big on skill tree's. They limit the build possibilities. I'm a fan of having a ton of skills, and only enough points to max out, say, half of them.

Completely agree, although when they're banned they can't log in.
    But that doesn't mean they don't deserve a reason for being banned. How would you like to go to log into pocket legends, and see your accounts banned, with NO knowledge of the forums or support line? That's like turning on your tv, and seeing every channel has been blocked for no apparent reason.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Pocket Legends has a 4.5 star rating in the Android market - even Angry Birds and O&C has 4.5 stars, making a 5 star-rating seemingly impossible to achieve for any popular app (Robo Defense has 5 stars so that's about one in a million). User reviews are overwhelming positive, with the majority of low ratings due to "This game doesn't install/work/etc."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I think they can add more though. I can't find it now, but one of the devs made a post awhile back asking if players were satisfied with the number of free apps. Then they later commented in the thread stating that if there isn't enough, they can always make a request to tapjoy to get more free offers.
    Proof or it didn't happen!!!!

But that doesn't mean they don't deserve a reason for being banned. How would you like to go to log into pocket legends, and see your accounts banned, with NO knowledge of the forums or support line? That's like turning on your tv, and seeing every channel has been blocked for no apparent reason.
    True.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Pocket Legends has a 4.5 star rating in the Android market - even Angry Birds and O&C has 4.5 stars, making a 5 star-rating seemingly impossible to achieve for any popular app (Robo Defense has 5 stars so that's about one in a million). User reviews are overwhelming positive, with the majority of low ratings due to "This game doesn't install/work/etc."
    Wow, Android users are kind reviewers. Pocket Legends had a 3.5 star rating yesterday when I was reading reviews, it went up to a 4 today though. Anyways, there weren't many reviews on the iOS market for app difficulties. There, if anything, was a lot of banned user with no reason, and the potions for platinum. Devs implemented the platinum for potions as a convenience thing for players. Which would be a easy fix to clear up a lot of bad reviews. I understand reviews aren't everything, but they are loosing new players who don't know that you can buy potions for gold, they are writing bad reviews about the game, and possibly preventing future users from downloading the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Proof or it didn't happen!!!!
    Heheh time to go on a forum treasure hunt..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Another reason is because people don't know that you can pvp for free

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pios View Post
    Another reason is because people don't know that you can pvp for free
    Yeah that was in a few of the posts. Theres pvp and ctf signups in dark forest and forest haven though. Just means players aren't taking the time to explore the townes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think u shouldnt have to pay to do missions in a free map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Clear you inbox! Until then,

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    Tapjoy has over 10,000 clients(not applications), and over 200 million users have used tapjoy.

Clients can list any amount of applications to be placed onto tapjoy. Tapjoy has marketing plans that decide how many offers the app can have.

Pocket Legends is "stingy" with free applications. They pay for advertising, and get nothing in return. Pocket Legends makes a small profit off of paid applications, most the money goes to the hosting party - Tapjoy. With over 50,000 applications on tapjoy, players could have all the free platinum they want. So yes, STS is in control of the offers.
    TapJoy is mainly computer based -- most of those clients are for the computer only. If you check the other games that use TapJoy for the phones, the lists of applications are all the same. STS isn't controlling which ones go there.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Clear you inbox! Until then,

TapJoy is mainly computer based -- most of those clients are for the computer only. If you check the other games that use TapJoy for the phones, the lists of applications are all the same. STS isn't controlling which ones go there.
    I'm not sure what you mean, the tapjoy walls are very different. I can't find a single offer on Pocket Legends that is listed on the Haypi tapjoy, and so on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean, the tapjoy walls are very different. I can't find a single offer on Pocket Legends that is listed on the Haypi tapjoy, and so on.
    Everything for me is the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I think skill trees are cool like bout how bout more of more classes and energy pets like imps demons pixies <lights> elementals and how about skills groups and class groups for example.....you choose a bird you choose either a dagger bird talon bird or bow bird then you lets say you choose dagger bird then there is assasin ambusher and blade dancer you choose a assasin you get skills of assasin amd you can choose to get more skills and maybe a cleric race would be awsome or an creating race you use machines and other nonsense and stuff happens
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    I think skill trees are cool like bout how bout more of more classes and energy pets like imps demons pixies <lights> elementals and how about skills groups and class groups for example.....you choose a bird you choose either a dagger bird talon bird or bow bird then you lets say you choose dagger bird then there is assasin ambusher and blade dancer you choose a assasin you get skills of assasin amd you can choose to get more skills and maybe a cleric race would be awsome or an creating race you use machines and other nonsense and stuff happens
    Thats exactly what I'm talkin about.

Theres three classes within a class

Bow Bird
    Talon Bird
    Dagger Bird

Then you can have sub classes within the three classes. Example class names :P.

Bow Bird -
    Sharp Shooter - Increased damage at long range, slower run speed
    Heavy duty gunner - Increased AOE damage, less DPS 1v1
    Quick Shot Increased DPS, lowered defense

Talon Bird -
    Ninja thrower - Long range abilities with a talon
    Slick Trick - Ability to hit three targets at once
    Rusher - Ability to drag a mob with you, so you don't have stop running to kill them

Dagger Bird -
    Assassin - Ability to teleport a few feet towards a target, and inflect a "surprise" critical hit
    Ghost - Ability to be invisible, or avoid Aggro
    Doppelganger - Ability to have a duplicate of yourself, that mimics every action you do. (Double damage, confuse proc that stops npc aggro).

Then you could choose the classes that are already in the game

Dex Bird
    War Bird
    Int Bird
    Dual Bird
    Hybrid class birds

So for JUST the bird, that is 15 new builds!!!

Then for the 15 builds, have a variety of skills that build can have! Say 3 dominant skill layouts for each class. That would be 45 unique builds for the bird class!

If every class was like that, that would be 135 dominant classes!!! Many other less so dominant classes!!
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 07-04-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

we need pets
    pets can help you get twice the xp your getting
    and they should have mounts which make you go faster by like 10-20%

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    we need pets
    pets can help you get twice the xp your getting
    and they should have mounts which make you go faster by like 10-20%
    Pets would be nice. I don't want super powerful pets. Maybe slight power-up pets, and vanity pets.

As for mounts, I don't think we will need them. The terrain to cover in the game is so small. This isn't like World of Warcraft, were there are hours of terrain to cover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Pets would be nice. I don't want super powerful pets. Maybe slight power-up pets, and vanity pets.

As for mounts, I don't think we will need them. The terrain to cover in the game is so small. This isn't like World of Warcraft, were there are hours of terrain to cover.
    but its still annoying to run to stash in fh.....
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    but its still annoying to run to stash in fh.....
    Oh man I got so many comments to needing a mount to get to the stash..