Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Coming Soon to Arcane Legends: Skill Mastery!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    what a constructive comment! Everyone knows there is imbalance in pvp since the sword release you ask for being unfairly more dominant other than equality.

Nice, build warr 1/3 cost of rogue and kill people with your proc. Pro! that skills look how im proccing mad combo procs.. ppl like you and your dishonesty..

Asside from that this is not the topic of discussion of this matter go have your fun in pvp until expansion.
    Warriors got the shaft for a long time... give em a season to shine

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I posted on the announcement thread a suggestion to add effects to maxed out skills. Because atm, these are pretty miniscule upgrades. 4% chance on a 10/10 ice to freeze an enemy? That's kinda disappointing to waste 9 points just to upgrade in increments of 0.4% and have it only proc statistically once per 2+ runs.

I was kind of hoping for more of a class-mastery system or something like that. Like for a mage, you can specialize as a Fire, Ice, or Lightning mage. Rogues can be Assassin, Ranger, or Magic Archer. Warriors can be Barbarians, Knights, or Paladins. And then each subclass has its own skills that can be upgraded to more potent stages. A fire mage can shoot a lv1 fireball and it has a small explosion, and then when the fireball range progressively grows with each level, and starts adding other effects like firecrackers every 3 levels.

AL's skill system has always been a plain bagel. It's right there, nothing to discover, nothing to really expand on, and this skill-mastery system is the cream cheese. It gives the skill system more flavor, but it doesnt change the generic system itself.
    This is the type of mastery skill-tree rpgs tend to have and thus led to our collective expectations for their implementation in AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Honestly, I like it how it is. The way they are currently designed, they're helpful without changing the dynamics of the game.

In my opinion, you will have to pick which skill you want to master. With the current upcoming level to be L56, that means you essentially get 1 skill to master and keep everything else the same. So, there only needs to be 1 or 2 that truly need to be useful. The others are just icing on the cake and gimmicks for when you level.
    I thought the idea was to CREATE CHANGE in the game... to even out the classism due to perceived usefullness. Mages a lil less squishy... rogues a lil less crit-heavy... warriors high rate of kills so people don't think tanks "slow them down"

Isn't this StS's stated goalthe goal In response to user feedback?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I really think that STS should implement skill swap outs for PVE and PVP, I use all of my skill points currently on just 5 skills, not all of them maxed and five maxed passives. Imo it is a great build that works well in pve and pvp, but if you add skill mastery. If i want to master skills i have to drop something, so it doesn't seem worth it.. If you give us the option to have a swap out for PVP then people can make the most of these skill mastery points. My two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThaAnas View Post
    I totally agree, I dont understand why vulcano is killing...
    id bombs would have count too before... everybody would be mad too
    now 2 warrior can rule the room easily ... sword warrior arent beatable
    I vs them every day... sword does not make warriors invincible... they lose 300armor with sword

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    An issue I see is that it will once again divide the player base of PvE and PvP. Currently, since we have so many skill points, we are able to have builds that fit both PvE and PvP. We simply swap out our skills before going into PvP or PvE. With this new system, people who build for PvE will suffer for PvP unless they respec. Imagine a rogue putting 10 points into MP regain of Combat Medic and then going to PvE. That would go to waste. Similarly, a warrior who puts a lot of points into Taunt and then goes into PvP. We need the ability to have 2 builds. Not load outs, but builds that we can swap between.
    This is a cool idea, thanks for the feedback on this!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #107
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    it seems like when designing skill, you always consider how it can be maximize in a team, then my question is why do you make trap's bleed damage doesn't stack between players in a team? and what about magma's burn? and why fireball/gale knockdown doesn't stack between mages? if you do consider how it works in teamplay, then do it, don't make double standard

anyway, i think it is okay to have powerful debuff doesn't stack in effectiveness, but duration and damage should always stack

thanks
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will take a look
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will take a look
    thank you very much...

at the moment trap's bleed damage, and magma's ignited damage can only be dealt by one person at one time,
    this made those two works negatively in pve, because enemies scaled with number of parties, but only one player can deal the bleed/ignite damage

in numbers, let's say 4 equally geared rogues running a pve map each rogue can deal bleed damage by 20hp/sec, then there is an enemy that usually have 200hp in solo, become 800hp in 4 man party,
    but bleed effective dps doesn't increase from 20hp/sec, even though there are 4 players using trap in the map, because it simply doesn't stack between players

same with magma's ignite, in solo play, we can easily ignite all enemies in a group, because they got ignited even when hitting us, but in a full party, each enemy can only be ignited once at a same time by the party, meaning in both case, even if we are able to ignite all enemies in a single group, the total effective dps is equal with that of a solo play. it become useless even though it is a party buff...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ojh g ghjjhgf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yaaaaaaa gz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

can u please increase the level for the availability for mastery (like mastery is only available for lv41 and above) , lv26 rogues with arcane with be far more op if they had the mana recover heal pack, it will make them impossible to defeat them in a 1 vs 1 match

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Can you make a way for it to be easier for non-plat users to get plats?
    ~Seavveed

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

updted atm?

Sent from my FAB LITE using Tapatalk

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #114
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xinghvn View Post
    can u please increase the level for the availability for mastery (like mastery is only available for lv41 and above) , lv26 rogues with arcane with be far more op if they had the mana recover heal pack, it will make them impossible to defeat them in a 1 vs 1 match
    Thanks for mentioning this, we will review the values involved
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

So I dont know if this has been touched on but one thing I hate about pvp is how quickly you die or how quickly you kill.

I wish pvp was more like a boss battle where it took a little bit more time and strategy to win. What if every players HP were multiplied times ten when you spawn in pvp map so its a longer drag out battle and requires even more strategy. I mean cmon, in duel one shot or two shots in a second and you win....its too quick imho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Nice I guess :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Rogue

Just my opinion:;

Shadow Storm Mastery: Increase the effective AOE range of Shadow Storm by 0.25m per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points.
    - As I observe AOE radius impact 6m is not working atm. Its useless to put mastery point on this skill if you cant fix the basic problem. Good if fixed.
    Shadow Veil Mastery: Buffs allies inside Shadow Veil an additional 0.25 Damage per point
    - Not worthy of any mastery point, if we use pet that has more 10% additional damage. You might want to give us another option.
    Shadow Piercer Mastery: Shadow Piercer now heals for an additional 0.5% of players max health per point. This effect stacks with the Shadow Absorption Upgrade.
    - If I'm not mistaken +10 mastery skill upgrade for this will add 5% additional heal point. I suggest 1% per mastery level, a total of 10% additional heal point will worth the sacrifice 10 skill points. But will be most awesome if you add chance to replenish mana per hit.
    Razor Shield Mastery: Reduces damage taken with Razor Shield active by 1.0% per point
    - Its good but will do best if you can increase a bit range/diameter of razor shield.
    Noxious Bolt Mastery: Increase DoT length 0.4 seconds per point, and DoT tick damage by 1.0% per point
    - Fair and cool.
    Entangling Trap Mastery: Reduces Cooldown of Entangling Trap by 0.25 sec per point
    - Just maybe can add a stun AOE if activated or stepped; will be no more useless in pvp.
    Combat Medic Mastery: Medic packs now also replenish 0.33 Mana per point, per character level
    - This is pretty awesome, mana is like oxygen for rouge. I just have no idea on how much mana it can give.
    Aimed Shot Mastery: Reduce Mana cost of Aim Shot by 2% per point
    - Good but better if you can add additional minus armor to prey for like 0.5% per level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I know I'm extremely late but I just wanted to give my input and some ideas behind the rogue masteries

Shadow Storm Shot
    This is a rogue's most useless skill in every game mode to date. The mastery does nothing to improve it or make it see any use. The subskill that increases the range of SSS is enough. The mastery shouldn't increase the range too.

Instead
    SSS Mastery increase base damage by 5% per level. 50% with 10 levels.

This allows SSS to at least deal as much damage as an uncharged Shadow Piercer and would allow the move to see more use in builds. Because the main problem with SSS is that it hits like a feather duster.

Entangling Trap
    While cooldown reduction is nice an dandy it's pretty miniscule in usefulness. Since we can proc another trap instantly.

Instead

Entangling Net has a +2% chance to pull enemies in PvE.

First off this move is made for PvE. Second off, it's used for one thing and one thing only. Pulling mobs. Increasing the chance of pull would greatly increase traps usefullness.
    Last edited by Legallyblonde; 03-06-2016 at 11:06 PM.

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gerran View Post
    Rogue

Just my opinion:;

Shadow Storm Mastery: Increase the effective AOE range of Shadow Storm by 0.25m per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points.
    - As I observe AOE radius impact 6m is not working atm. Its useless to put mastery point on this skill if you cant fix the basic problem. Good if fixed.
    Shadow Veil Mastery: Buffs allies inside Shadow Veil an additional 0.25 Damage per point
    - Not worthy of any mastery point, if we use pet that has more 10% additional damage. You might want to give us another option.
    Shadow Piercer Mastery: Shadow Piercer now heals for an additional 0.5% of players max health per point. This effect stacks with the Shadow Absorption Upgrade.
    - If I'm not mistaken +10 mastery skill upgrade for this will add 5% additional heal point. I suggest 1% per mastery level, a total of 10% additional heal point will worth the sacrifice 10 skill points. But will be most awesome if you add chance to replenish mana per hit.
    Razor Shield Mastery: Reduces damage taken with Razor Shield active by 1.0% per point
    - Its good but will do best if you can increase a bit range/diameter of razor shield.
    Noxious Bolt Mastery: Increase DoT length 0.4 seconds per point, and DoT tick damage by 1.0% per point
    - Fair and cool.
    Entangling Trap Mastery: Reduces Cooldown of Entangling Trap by 0.25 sec per point
    - Just maybe can add a stun AOE if activated or stepped; will be no more useless in pvp.
    Combat Medic Mastery: Medic packs now also replenish 0.33 Mana per point, per character level
    - This is pretty awesome, mana is like oxygen for rouge. I just have no idea on how much mana it can give.
    Aimed Shot Mastery: Reduce Mana cost of Aim Shot by 2% per point
    - Good but better if you can add additional minus armor to prey for like 0.5% per level.
    The 0.25 damage component of the Shadow Veil is a raw damage value, which then will be scaled by the pets 10% bonus, and not the same.

Thanks for the feedback!
    | | | |

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The 0.25 damage component of the Shadow Veil is a raw damage value, which then will be scaled by the pets 10% bonus, and not the same.

Thanks for the feedback!
    If that was the case, then why not change the Passive Damage to raw damage value too? It is rendered useless since everyone got percent damage increase on pet's happiness bonus.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post: