Thread: Regarding stuns in maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Regarding stuns in maps

First off, I have enjoyed these maps so far, and found the mobs to be interesting and varied with good, well-spaced groupings. The bosses are also unique and interesting to fight. Thank you for the work on this.

Could the devs please look at the stuns though? They seem very long in duration, and the lack of stun immunity means getting chain-stunned is fairly common. As a rogue I can deal with it for the most part by alternating necro and razor, but for other classes anyone, without necro will be essentially screwed. Historically, there have been different environmental effects in each season - poison pools, ice, panic, slows etc., but the last 3 seasons in a row have been progressively longer and more frequent stuns. Disabling characters every few seconds doesn't make the game difficult, it interrupts the flow of play and makes it annoying.

Necro is affordable now, yes, but many players enjoy using a variety of pets and don't want to be forced to rely on the same one the entire time they play. After all, the fun part of an MMO is playing with different setups - which STS is starting to provide with more skill and gear options. However, forcing everyone to use the same skills and pet in order to remain functional in the new maps takes away from that. I'm not saying get rid of them completely, but maybe make the stuns shorter and a bit less frequent than "every second hit". Before speccing razor and switching to necro, I spent more time waiting for stuns to wear off than I did actually killing stuff. This means other classes and lesser-petted players will have a less-than-enjoyable time unless they always run with multiple necro players.

Just my opinion, thanks.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: