Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Request for clarification: Gear Progression: Warrior's Flame Forged Hammer lvl47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Request for clarification: Gear Progression: Warrior's Flame Forged Hammer lvl47

Dear STS,

I would like to request for clarification of your intentions or perception of gear progression, i know you dont have to justify yourselves but i thought i'd ask anyways as at the moment gear progression seems to not exist unless a there is a rather 'loud' debate on the item's inefficiency in the forum.

My clarification is limited to the warrior class as i am not knowlegable in other class ( i wish i was @@)

1. Lvl47 mythic weapon stats seem to be less effective than previous levels and does not reflect any relevant progression.
    2. Lvl47 mythic weapon proc seems to have low proc rate and effects of proc are not felt compared to lower lvls and does not reflect relevant progression.
    3. Though insee that the inherent needs of the warrior class where slow ly compensated by the proc type of the gear it seems that it went off tract abit. From the glaive pierce to the aegis proc that enables warriors to affect multiple target... Progression of proc and proc rates is significant and well tuned but proc rate of and proc 'power' of the glint maul to the lvl47 weapon seems non existent.

I hope my request can be accomodated.

Please see photo reference below, ranging from lvl41-47 mythic weapons.

... I cant seem to upload the picks @@

Lvl47 Flameforged hammer of iron grace
    105.3Dps 53Str 30Dex 3.66%Crit 51Armor

Lvl46 Glintstone Aegis of Might
    117.3Dps 62Str 22Dex 3.71%Crit 255health 327Armor

Lvl46 Glintstone Maul of Might
    136.8Dps 63Str 23Dex 3.78%Crit 275health

Lvl41 Crackling bonesaw of tactics
    131.7Dps 51Str 9Dex 20Int 4.65%Crit 131Armor

Too lazy to type the procs but i do have to say from the crackling bonesaw of tactics to the glinstsone maul to the glintsone aegis the proc was felt but the flame forged hammer proc is seen but not felt.

One thing i do like is the option to choose, like aegis is for mobs and hammer/maul for bosses and their procs reflect that. Thing is the forged hammer proc is barely there even if it add 35% of health as dmg.

Thank for reading.

Maarkus

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Great work Maarkus!
    Proc and stats of lvl 47 mythics don't do any justice to gear progression for warriors atleast!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shobhit Chaturvedi For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Nice job Markus. I suspect these weapons they put in the vendor were for pushing out content and having something in the vendor. Instead of actually thinking through the stats. I suspect they are planning to put either better weapons/items in the vendor at a later date or make better weapons available in elites or in locked chest. However, I will say warrior weapons in the vendor are horrible even compared to the "mediocre" rogue and mage weapons.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Good job maarkus, the weapon for mages certainly is quite op, the gun in vendor, as it crits 4-5k with auto attack. Also it hits through walls ive seen in a clash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

tbh, any lvl 47 weapon that has more damage output than aegis in pve, or magma sword in pvp are too op (compared to weapons in the same rarity/level with other classes)

but then again, scaled mobs in elite shuyal, elite tindirin, elite rengol, normal rengol, and the difficulty of the new gear with better power than those two weapons, also for other classes
    Last edited by extrapayah; 04-23-2016 at 04:23 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    tbh, any lvl 47 weapon that has more damage output than aegis in pve, or magma sword in pvp are too op (compared to weapons in the same rarity/level with other classes)

but then again, scaled mobs in elite shuyal, elite tindirin, elite rengol, normal rengol, and the difficulty of the new gear with better power than those two weapons, also for other classes
    Noted.

This is purely a PVE perspective thread and soley for clarification of mythic gear progression for warrior class as tbh im not equipped to comment on other class gear.

Using my mentioned examples i just really want to understand how STS develops/considers gear progression as at the moment the examples i showed does not present gear progression but a plateau.

I am concerened as based on what i've seen, there us no clear and defined guideline for gear progression of future gear that is due to be released.

Thanks for reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

All I feel is in Your COMPLET thread Ty bro!!!

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The mythic weapons and other items that are available in the Cryostar content adhere to the new loot progression stats. Being level 47, they are more there for new players leveling to get a solid start into the quest for 56. The new items coming out in the near future will be up to level 56 when Elites come out, and the progression curve will begin to make sense. At the moment the curve is behind because we need to give ourselves headroom for generating more items with more content coming out so that we don't have this problem again. The old way of making mythics and arcanes was not sustainable and while fun to play with were incredibly game breaking. We've been taking steps to correct this over the last year and it will finally be coming to a head soon.

We appreciate the patience, and totally understand the growing pains associated with such things but we are sticking to our guns and all will be well in due time. There was a post a player made about this which had a wonderful graph explaining what was happening, but I cannot locate it at the moment.

Thanks everyone!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The mythic weapons and other items that are available in the Cryostar content adhere to the new loot progression stats. Being level 47, they are more there for new players leveling to get a solid start into the quest for 56. The new items coming out in the near future will be up to level 56 when Elites come out, and the progression curve will begin to make sense. At the moment the curve is behind because we need to give ourselves headroom for generating more items with more content coming out so that we don't have this problem again. The old way of making mythics and arcanes was not sustainable and while fun to play with were incredibly game breaking. We've been taking steps to correct this over the last year and it will finally be coming to a head soon.

We appreciate the patience, and totally understand the growing pains associated with such things but we are sticking to our guns and all will be well in due time. There was a post a player made about this which had a wonderful graph explaining what was happening, but I cannot locate it at the moment.

Thanks everyone!
    Noted and thank tou for the reply.

Looking forward to see the new items and to understand the difection on gear progression.

Regarding the Flame forge hammer, is there anychance you can review its power level as it is worth a significant amount of glitstone coins and the cost does not equate to the provided power level and it definitely deserves a slight buff. Similar to the Flame forge rogue weapon, upon its review STS decided to 'buff' it can this be done aswell to the Flame forge hammer please.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

it seems like i somehow missed to write some words >.<, anyway by looking at how those maps i mentioned before scaled up, i agree that weapons which are stronger than aegis and magma sword are necessary. mobs almost doubled their health, and around 1.5x of their previous damage at l46, while the new set only works on underhul (and rengol?) maps
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default flame forged blades of runeblast bug

I cannot use normal attacks when blade proc is active please fix it soon