tl;dr don't
    bother

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    How was that a fun fact?
    It's now edited to make it seem not so fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    Ya... The change is just changing how loot used to be a rarity up when you have a reroll.

So after the change, rerolling from a legendary does not guarantee a rarity up (legendary to mythic or set)
    Incorrect. There is no change.

Even for basic legendary gear farming, since the beginning, you would be constantly rerolling items. The thing is, you only see the reroll message if you actually have a higher rarity item result from your second drop chance. Hence "rerolled FOR BETTER LOOT!" is the message. If it was displaying messages for "player X rerolled!" our chat box would be flooded beyond belief.

You can, and always have been able to, reroll from a common item up to a legendary. It never has been just one tier up.

The only change is now there is a higher tier than legendary to possibly loot.

Before, if your original loot drop was a legendary, you would not see a reroll message because there was no higher tier item to drop.

Now, we can loot stuff higher than legendary tier. If we reroll and get the set tier item, that doesn't automatically mean we rerolled from a legendary item. It could have been a green/rare item.

As it was stated: rerolling just means you get a chance at another drop, and the game gives you the higher tier one of the two drops.
    As a result, you see the reroll message much less than you are actually rerolling, since it only appears if something better drops.

You otherwise would see a message once for every 4 mobs killed with a 25% reroll elixir on. Think for a moment...a party of four, all with 25% reroll. That would mean one reroll every time a monster is slain. Obviously, we have never played and seen a reroll message for every mob slain.

Hence, we can confirm there hasn't been any change in how loot reroll works. It has always been a second drop chance and you get the better of the two tiers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post

Even for basic legendary gear farming, since the beginning, you would be constantly rerolling items. The thing is, you only see the reroll message if you actually have a higher rarity item result from your second drop chance. Hence "rerolled FOR BETTER LOOT!" is the message. If it was displaying messages for "player X rerolled!" our chat box would be flooded beyond belief.

You can, and always have been able to, reroll from a common item up to a legendary. It never has been just one tier up.

Before, if your original loot drop was a legendary, you would not see a reroll message because there was no higher tier item to drop.

Now, we can loot stuff higher than legendary tier. If we reroll and get the set tier item, that doesn't automatically mean we rerolled from a legendary item. It could have been a green/rare item.

As it was stated: rerolling just means you get a chance at another drop, and the game gives you the higher tier one of the two drops.
    As a result, you see the reroll message much less than you are actually rerolling, since it only appears if something better drops.

You otherwise would see a message once for every 4 mobs killed with a 25% reroll elixir on. Think for a moment...a party of four, all with 25% reroll. That would mean one reroll every time a monster is slain. Obviously, we have never played and seen a reroll message for every mob slain.

Hence, we can confirm there hasn't been any change in how loot reroll works. It has always been a second drop chance and you get the better of the two tiers.
    Well... Here's the screenshot from what devs said...

Also, not every 4 mob kill drops a loot for you to reroll.....

And look at the quotes from bef's post (#18).... By Cara

I think devs knows how reroll works better than us players.... And from what I heard, what you described is how reroll worked back in PL... But apparently AL is different
    Last edited by eugene9707; 04-24-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    Well idk why we get info's from chatbox or post replies not from official announcements so everyone can see. I believe Vrooms's intention was to give some clarifrication then followed by caparice. But for valid info maybe changes should have been announced officially.
    Ya... Let go bug vroom about it when he's back to work tomorrow xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I think devs knows how reroll works better than us players.... And from what I heard, what you described is how reroll worked back in PL... But apparently AL is different
    Early in PL, you would re-roll and it would roll the whole table again, and give you the better of the two items that you looted, so it was the equivalent of running the map twice, but then it was changed so that it would give you an item one tier higher.

What Morholt said was incorrect as far as I know.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

OP, so how is the luck stacking working out for you? Loot any item yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Is it really that the odds are low or just not enough players are running the maps. I mean even over the weekend I would join a map and wait and wait and maybe one player would join.

When Glinstone caverns expansion started I could join a map and there would be at least two or three other players in map already. Seems like map is too hard or loot is not worth time/profit.

Also, not a critism but funny enough, the set is suppose to help with the new maps but by the time I've aquired the set wouldnt I be done playing the new maps, except for the coming up elite maps I guess.

I wish the set could be aquired in Glinstone maps so I could then be fully geared up to take on the new maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Great thread. Kudos to OP for not bashing STS and being patient and supportive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post

I think what vroom mean they change the luck system is you could reroll from common up to legendary, set items only drop from legendary reroll and that still didnt gave you 100% change on set, set items could drop without luck but it was rare to happen same with planar recipe correct me if i was wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fredystern View Post
    I think what vroom mean they change the luck system is you could reroll from common up to legendary, set items only drop from legendary reroll and that still didnt gave you 100% change on set, set items could drop without luck but it was rare to happen same with planar recipe correct me if i was wrong
    Nope nope nopes.

You cannot roll from common to legendary. What Vroom means is that if you re-roll a legendary, it will roll the whole table again, and give you the better of the two items dropped. Similar to having killed the boss twice, but only getting one of the items looted. You cannot roll from epic to set because it still goes 1 up to legendary, contrary to what Morholt said. Same goes for rares going to epic, and commons to rares.

Does that make sense now?
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Why dosent Vroom come & explain himself rather then everyone arguing with each other?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Why dosent Vroom come & explain himself rather then everyone arguing with each other?
    He's reading it, savior is coming XD
    Name:  Screenshot_20160425-114751.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  59.7 KB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    btw that idk where did you get that 0.1 % but in reality it is not the rate. There was way more than 1000 run in entire game since update, and no set item loot or mold. Theoreticly someone should have get one loot by now.

About Poisson's method you dont have enough parameter to use because we dont have a loot on spesific time. Its used to determine a probability of an event between certain time interval. mean doesnt work because we dont know the loot rate
    So its 0 loot on 4 days you can reach %0 probability with that.
    I said "considering the fact"

Which means, if StS programmed the set items to drop at 0,1% rate, then the probability to loot the set item after completing one run is 0,0905%

I would live to make a little study and ask people to farm the map and see how many set items drop. I want to try to find the approximative drop rate of each tier items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

He's reading it, savior is coming XD
    Name:  Screenshot_20160425-114751.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  59.7 KB
    Cue the epic music!