Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think Sorcerers Are Useless in PvE...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    You ain't no read. I said pve only
    Ah yes, PvE only then yes. Sorry, my mind only see yellow right now after seeing your set.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Just to clarify with you all, no nerfs are being considered as a solution to this. The Aegis will eventually age and be phased out, instead we've been doing a wider look at Sorcerers and their role, and why a single weapon could cause a problem to their entire kit.

I only bring up the Aegis because creating a weapon with a similar style of proc in the future will probably require more fine tuning so that it doesn't stomp on the role of another class.

Carry on the discussion .
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Just to clarify with you all, no nerfs are being considered as a solution to this. The Aegis will eventually age and be phased out, instead we've been doing a wider look at Sorcerers and their role, and why a single weapon could cause a problem to their entire kit.

I only bring up the Aegis because creating a weapon with a similar style of proc in the future will probably require more fine tuning so that it doesn't stomp on the role of another class.

Yes dont nerf aegis.It's the best cheap weapon warriors have for pve.
    Instead,a skill buff for mages would help.Like for frostbolt,a 25% chance to freeze up to 5 enemies or for clock, a 25% chance that every 2 seconds for the duration of the skill, up to 8 enemies will be pulled from the outside in the range of the clock and stunned for 0.5 seconds or idk..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post

Yes pls figure it out. Bc records are being set. So the solution must OVER compensate for this. Am I wrong in expecting if I have the highest damage in the game or very close that I should actually do high damage? Or at least higher than the "lowest damage class?" I hope one day y'all give mages a weapon to take rogues role. Even if just for An April fools joke. I don't feel like being duped again so I will hold off on buying items or popping crates until I'm clear what is possible for a truly maxed Mage. If tank need to spend 3m gold to do what a 150m Mage can in pvp AND pve and the plan is to keep it this way then I'm not sure what to say. Cut the defensive buffs. If we aoe than make us aoe. If we the best at mana than just say it and let us mages move on. I'm not concerned with being able to solo elites with small pulls and dropping clock for a 30 minute run just to say I can. I'm concerned with class efficiency for Mage and everyone else should be too. There is a reason when buffs and nerfs are discussed here about daggers and swords and pvp imbalance that nobody complains about staff or Mage. It's bc we've been turned into a distant afterthought. Not once has anyone even thought "oh my, we should probably nerf the arcane staff." Why? Because it's completely laughable compared to the other weapons. Mage set? Completely 100% useless. Rogue is bad too but there are uses.

I'm tired of not getting clear answers. We are owed this. WHAT ARE MAGES SUPPOSED TO BE BEST AT? What is the intended role for this class? And then ask yourselves does that answer make mixed party runs AND pvp more efficient? More effective? Faster? Nobody needs mana in pve. Remove pots for elites then. All will for sure need Mage and prob two.

Don't nerf aegis. Make it so if I'm aoe class and have TWICE the damage as a tank class that I should at least, like at bare minimum do twice as much damage to mobs. So tank can aegis magna all they want and pale in comparison to Mage. Same way that both tank and mage pale in comparison to rogue in arena or single target.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

aegis explosion can only target 5 now... i'm sure it could target more when it was first released though.

even without aegis, sorcerer' damage potential has been low already, since idk when. even by looking at only aimed shot vs fireball comparison, fireball can deals egual total damage output to aimed shot only when facing 6 mobs, 6 is charged fireball maximum target, meaning that there is no way that sorcerer can outperform rogue's damage output without special proc/specific weapon even when facing mobs. and then, not to mention, there are 2 other rogue skills which has 2s cooldown.

i remember that clock/timeshift used to be sorcerer's #1 skill because it had no max target, and didn't gain aggro, but that was also the time when people got disconnected every time a sorcerer drop a charged clock in planar tombs.

but anyway, even if increasing max target is not a option, sorcerers simply needs buff on their base stat/skill :P
    Last edited by extrapayah; 05-03-2016 at 12:48 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

why limit sorcerer max target in skill and auto attack ... they are AOE class.. even the lightning AOE doesnt happens often it is good in PVE if it really AOE at charge which helps to clear maps alot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default I think Sorcerers Are Useless in PvE...

Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Kriticality; 05-03-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Sorcerers never been efficient in timed runs, which is a shame because i really want to get a timed run on my mage and don't want to make my rouge more OP than my mage just to make the lb. Just doesnt seem fair

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T560 met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Aegis isn't the only weapon that supercedes mage abilities and steals our thunder. The Rogue dragon daggers' dragon bite proc takes out elite mobs faster than mages have ever been able to... ever. On top of that I suspect the Dragon Sword proc does more damage than clock and fireball DoT combined. Let's not forget the elon bulwark uber curse which is better than mage curse and costs only a weapon charge.

Whenever Warriors and Rogues are OP because of gear it almost always takes away from sorcerers. The Dragon Hunter staff proc is comparatively weak and Consecrate doesn't really make up for that weakness. I'm not asking for a buff here, just making a point.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post: