Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythics do drop! L51 Flameforged Blades of Runeblast Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default Mythics do drop! L51 Flameforged Blades of Runeblast Review

My friend Lissil was lucky to loot one of the rogue mythic daggers today and she kindly let me test them out. Take a look at the Runeblast type stats:

Here are the Runesteel stats from Forum Announcements:

And this is how the Runeblast blades compare to a +24 dex arcane daggers, with no pet equipped:

Statwise, there is considerable damage increase if you compare similarly jeweled blades, but crit will go down for this type (Runeblast). If I were to go by the difference among dagger types from the stats posted on the Glintstone coin vendor, I believe Runeblast may be the best choice for those looking for damage and are okay with sacrificing some crit. Using the Runesteel type will result in too much hp loss, which is practically suicide if you want to do the new elites.

Thoughts on proc:
    I tested the blades in Elite Southern Gates, and the ignition proc happened at least twice per mob grouping. I was not able to take screenshots, but damage ticks were around 1k each and affected all of the mobs. It does feel weird (especially as a rogue) to not use skills for the duration of the proc, though.

Here are Avaree's thoughts on the L47 Blades of Runesteel:

[Review] Flame Forged Blades of Runesteel
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=309686
    Last edited by Ticklish; 05-01-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Can you also compare the skill damage difference between arcane daggers, flameforged daggers lvl 51 and whatever the best legendary weapon lvl 56 is (if you own it ofc)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Can you also compare the skill damage difference between arcane daggers, flameforged daggers lvl 51 and whatever the best legendary weapon lvl 56 is (if you own it ofc)?
    also curious with it :P, but recently sts said that the current value of damage should be correctly reflect skill damage, so probably it has -1 or -2 skill damage compared to all noble dragon blades
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You know anyone who looted the 51 hammer? I have the 47 one and interested in seeing the upgrades there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I will update thread with skill damage difference if I can catch the owner online later I do not currently have the L56 legendary weapon, although a friend did let me try it. Skill damage is a bit higher than arcane daggers, but it is not advisable for use in new maps due to the huge hp loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Where does it drop from???

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sevenpain View Post
    Where does it drop from???

Cheers
    new map boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Imo the mage weapons lvl 56 legendary are too op, assault type staff clean gives 155 more dmg than my arcane staff with full fortified mind jewels and drops 400 health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeazimeh View Post
    Imo the mage weapons lvl 56 legendary are too op, assault type staff clean gives 155 more dmg than my arcane staff with full fortified mind jewels and drops 400 health
    Well that health is way more important then the dmg I feel even in normal maps like glinstone caverns & underhul.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bonjovi3223 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

In the Underhul elites the arcane dagger proc helps survival by stunning mobs for potentially a long period of time. I'm not convinced that the new Flameforged blades are superior, unless someone shows me that the proc can cut down mobs in just a few hits (which I'm sure it can't), because if you can't kill them quick you will die quick from all the aggro you've just taken by dealing all that damage. The way I see it, those daggers can only be used in a party where the other party members help to stun the mobs. Not so easy to find a cooperative party that often though.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Well that health is way more important then the dmg I feel even in normal maps like glinstone caverns & underhul.
    Yes it is.. But this is just a hint that lvl 56 mythic will outdate the lvl 46 arcanes very quickly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeazimeh View Post
    Yes it is.. But this is just a hint that lvl 56 mythic will outdate the lvl 46 arcanes very quickly
    *cries in the corner*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    *cries in the corner*
    Yeah.. I got my arcane staff for 2.4m and now its not even worth half that price

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeazimeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    In the Underhul elites the arcane dagger proc helps survival by stunning mobs for potentially a long period of time. I'm not convinced that the new Flameforged blades are superior, unless someone shows me that the proc can cut down mobs in just a few hits (which I'm sure it can't), because if you can't kill them quick you will die quick from all the aggro you've just taken by dealing all that damage. The way I see it, those daggers can only be used in a party where the other party members help to stun the mobs. Not so easy to find a cooperative party that often though.
    The Ignition proc actually does a lot of damage. I'd even go as far as to say they surpass the damage you can deal with arcane daggers in the same amount of time, because it is always an aoe effect of around 1k per tick. Sure, you will lose a couple of aimed shots that hit at 4-5k each, but that's only for one mob. Of course, I only tested the daggers with an organized party in elites, so I understand your concern about losing the stun. I did not feel overwhelmed by mobs after dealing the damage, the 75% reduction proc worked well in keeping me alive whilst dealing the aoe. However, I would definitely use the arcane daggers on bosses so I could deal higher single target damage. If you do completely switch out to the flameforged blades though, I daresay it will still be worth it. The armor on the blades is a must in elites, and the damage reduction + speed from will keep you from dying especially at boss.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    how about survival of pt. sure %75 reduction is big, but even tank gets down on mobs if there is no stun.
    Bring a mage, use Breeze While I really enjoy the dragonbite proc, I don't think party mechanics should be dependent on it. What if it doesn't proc? Then the tank will still suffer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Replies in Bold

Mages provide good crowd control still. I would not minimize their role in making these new elite runs less taxing on pot-spamming. The dragonbite proc isn't consistent either. And while you are spamming charged attacks to proc your arcane daggers, you are taking time away from spamming skills, thus dealing less damage and not killing mobs efficiently either.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    well they do but not enough thats why they fall behind on latest pve as a bit useless. new maps povide large group of mobs, thats why flameforged hits harder since no target limitation on ignition. i have no objection on it. But charged dagger hitting 3 target critting 2.5 3k each and doing even more with dragons bite proc. + proc ticks 200 dmg( not like 1k tho i agree) and comes great armor reduction.

But still i agree its lower than skill spamming. but not that far off on large groups. aim hits single target and its kinda low on new maps. On the other hand, you cant also use skills on flameforged or basic atack when its proc.
    As I already mentioned, the damage from the ignition proc surpasses the damage output you can make in the same amount of time using skills, as long as it's on a group of mobs. So I'm not worried about not being able to use my skills during proc. Your skill damage will also be definitely higher, plus you have faster auto-attacks. I believe this is a weapon you would have to try out to fully enjoy and understand its worth. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely be farming for it, or purchasing it in the future. I believe it rivals the arcane daggers, and find the proc actually creative and useful.

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Steering this back to the initial discussion. Thanks in advance for keeping the posts civil!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i want one of this too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    Bring a mage, use Breeze While I really enjoy the dragonbite proc, I don't think party mechanics should be dependent on it. What if it doesn't proc? Then the tank will still suffer.
    I Love my Breeze now
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom