Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] Increasing the Potential of Sorcerers

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Default [Design Blog] Increasing the Potential of Sorcerers

Hey Arlorians!

We’ve seen some good discussions lately talking about Sorcerers and their potential damage. We’ve done some comparative research on our end looking into the potential damage output of classes and we feel that Sorcerers are not shining in large group situations like we expect them to. We’ve evaluated the Sorcerer’s AoE potential and these are the solutions we plan to implement to help resolve this problem.

1) Increase the number of targets Fireball can hit by 2
    Currently uncharged Fireball can hit up to 4 targets, while charged can hit up to 6. Comparing this to the AoE of other classes it actually left Sorcerers lacking in the AoE department. As a general update for all Sorcerers we want to increase the number of targets that Fireball can hit. Uncharged Fireball will be able to hit 6 targets, while charged fireball will be able to hit up to 8.

2) Change the Mastery of Fireball to “Increase the number of targets Fireball can hit by 1 for every 2 points, and decrease the cooldown of fireball by .1 second for each point”
    We’ve heard from Sorcerers and agree that mana isn’t really their issue, and we feel that the Mastery for Fireball decreasing the mana cost isn’t that impactful. This is where the greatest AoE damage increase can come for Sorcerers. At max, this mastery will decrease the cooldown of fireball by 1 second, and increase the number of targets that can be hit by 5, which includes all bonus effects from upgrades.

3) Increase the damage output of Charged Time Shift on the initial drop of the Clock
    Time Shift is a dual utility skill, providing crowd control and a good amount of damage. After our evaluation we found that while charging Time Shift provides other benefits, it doesn’t behave like other abilities in that charging increases the damage. We plan to bring up this damage so that charging Time Shift gives you a more relevant amount of AoE while still maintaining the crowd control effects.

*Update* As a note for potential feedback, we're planning on implementing all of the above options.

I want this because I play a Sorc myself,
    STSVroom
    Last edited by VROOMIGoRealFast; 05-03-2016 at 01:50 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I like idea #1 & 3
    Im only a lvl50 fairly geared sorcerer, but seems that a decreased 0.1s cool down and +1 target every 2 points means, if we put 6 points into the fireball mastery, we get 3 more targets to roast. But with a Time Shift skill doing more damage, we may get needed more in elite runs for draining mob health while freezing enemies in place (a better CC method imo)

Just my opinions.
    *waits for angry replies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Thank you for yet another great update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I like idea #1 & 3
    Im only a lvl50 fairly geared sorcerer, but seems that a decreased 0.1s cool down and +1 target every 2 points means, if we put 6 points into the fireball mastery, we get 3 more targets to roast. But with a Time Shift skill doing more damage, we may get needed more in elite runs for draining mob health while freezing enemies in place (a better CC method imo)

Just my opinions.
    I'll update in the original post, but to clarify we're planning to implement all 3 options!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Chance clock CNT root most mobs in underhaul if the root gonna be added to all mobs in underhaul that's gonna make sorcs more useful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast:2459516
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I like idea #1 & 3

Just my opinions.
    I'll update in the original post, but to clarify we're planning to implement all 3 options!
    O

#11characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

there are some concerns with sorcerer:

1. we are lacking offensive buffs
    2. stun duration being very random, elite mobs sometimes got stunned less than 1s
    3. stun duration and gale push doesn't stack, making teamworks between mages unnecessary too hard, compare it to how arcane blades works between rogues, if we're talking in pvp, there is already post-stun stun-immunity that should be enough to avoid perma-stun
    4. heal over time doesn't stack between mages, while rogues packs, and warrior HoR do

thanks , tbh a skill switch system will make playing with mage a lot more interesting, and can make mage as the busiest class to play , a real spellcaster, that can have high potential on how well you use all your skills/spells
    Last edited by extrapayah; 05-03-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I heartily concur with the proposed changes, they sound awesome and are very encouraging. However I would actually rather see clock DoT increased rather than the initial damage, it seems it would be far more helpful especially in elites. Just a suggestion though.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    4. heal over time doesn't stack between mages, while rogues packs, and warrior HoR do
    We'll investigate and evaluate this. There should be a consistency between heals from characters and their stacking unless it would specifically cause issues. You may have found a good candidate for a #4
    | | | |

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why CNT we get our root power back like before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    We'll investigate and evaluate this. There should be a consistency between heals from characters and their stacking unless it would specifically cause issues. You may have found a good candidate for a #4
    thanks also another old issue like mobs that are stunned by fireball/gale can't be pulled by rogue's trap

another note, we will definitely be happy if we are given a mechanism to control our gale dash, to control when to dash, and when to not

and yes clock not rooting most mobs in underhul really hurt us... at least if mobs can't be rooted, the 'snare'/slow from original clock should takes effect... same like ice, if mobs can't be frozen, why can't the slow/snare effect works?
    Last edited by extrapayah; 05-03-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I heartily concur with the proposed changes, they sound awesome and are very encouraging. However I would actually rather see clock DoT increased rather than the initial damage, it seems it would be far more helpful especially in elites. Just a suggestion though.
    +1 to this..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Good first steps. As everyone knows I'm here for the fame... The glory... A la Kenny Powers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    A charged time shift doesn't root mobs which happen to walk into the time shift, this wasn't like this before.
    The number of mobs(I haven't done the counting but according to soeone on the forums) affected by clock is 11. If this number could be increased it would be better than the #1 stated in OP.

Gale with the extended knock back doesn't stun the mobs for the full amount of time.

Charged ice is only effective after the second charged ice hits mobs, it ignores most upgrades till the second charged ice hits a group of mobs.

Providing increase number of mobs hit from FB mastery will hardly solve anything for the average sorc, keep in mind there aren't enough skill points for mages even now, having to chose between increased AoE or the insanely useful ice mastery(it's a lifesaver at bosses) and clock mastery, leaves us lacking even more.
    clock target max 10, it's on the description,

ice mastery helps? that's new @_@, i heard many said it's practically nonexistent chance at a mere 4%....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

That's good thing to hear today
    because while i was doing elite I actually felt unnecessary there
    however, some of the changes are good
    point 1 is very good, i always hate when i charge my fireball in big crowd of mobs
    and some of them can't be stunned
    point 2 is almost good, but its only when its full
    because with point 1 buff and mastery we can Hit 13 Mobs!
    also 1 sec reduce is kinda useful
    point 3 I kinda didn't get it
    does that mean the damage of ticks will increase
    or when the clock dropping damage? ( i ment by dropping coming from the sky .. summon it )
    and if so is it that big?
    I kinda wish that clock can root all enemies
    Thanks again for the buff..
    hope that give us a chance to by in party of elite..
    Last edited by Saud; 05-03-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Really thnx for this thread, there is some issues like last guys posted, ice skill dont freeze, clock doesnt been rooting mobs (new maps, or elite)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i wish warriors skyward smash increase its maximum number of target not only radius when i level its masteries

and chest splitter please change its masteries please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Maybe a good idea is to give curse some use outside of PvP clashes? ( even there is going exticnt now ) it's been months since I saw a mage use curse in pve and PvP. It's a very cool side kick ,but it's simply not worth it to sacrifice a attack skill for it. I think this should be our de-buff skill . I suggest that curse will simply grant the sorcerer a 65%( 75% if charged ) damage reflection for its duration . + maybe a 1% armor bebuff per 2 points for its mastery , and In order to balance the skill, reducing the range of it by 1-2 meters?

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I believe what we really expect is for mages to be able to do better crowd control. Allow their skills to stun/root/freeze/slow for all types of mobs, even if you need to decrease the duration for elites. If root is too op for elites, at least have it slow the mobs?

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Great ideas, and they should be implemented. However, this will force sorcerers to use the above skills.

There should also be a small buff to crit as well imo.
    Ign - Coolguymage