Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] Increasing the Potential of Sorcerers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Good points!

Gesendet von meinem E2303 mit Tapatalk

© AllFacesDown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Aegis isn't the only weapon that supercedes mage abilities and steals our thunder. The Rogue dragon daggers' dragon bite proc takes out elite mobs faster than mages have ever been able to... ever. On top of that I suspect the Dragon Sword proc does more damage than clock and fireball DoT combined. Let's not forget the elon bulwark uber curse which is better than mage curse and costs only a weapon charge.

Whenever Warriors and Rogues are OP because of gear it almost always takes away from sorcerers. The Dragon Hunter staff proc is comparatively weak and Consecrate doesn't really make up for that weakness. I'm not asking for a buff here, just making a point.
    this deserve more reads :P,

but unlike the original poster, i request for buffs, really wish you to consider stun duration to stacks, just like how aimed shot's armor reduction duration stacks, just like shock from dragon blades stacks, it won't be op, because many dangerous mobs are immune to fireball/gale stun. and gale push to be able to push already stunned opponents, just like how axe throw can still pull opponents on the same condition.

and boost in general damage output, worth enough to make sorcerers gets equal reduction of damage to rogues in pvp
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Goodjob Vroom I like it
    Hope u guys increase a little bit damage on Fireball like 5-10% more.
    IGN: iatoz

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to latoz For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Awesome i was about to suggest about increasing fb target hit amount LOL okay so i was thinking that fb DoT should be increased same with clock and maybe make clock hit more than 10 maybe 15?or20? Mobs maybe in fb mastery add +2% Dot dmg something like that and like they said curse should be debuff alot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

How about more enemies being able to be frozen by ice (with unlock ice wielder), and an increase to the range that enemies can be frozen within.

This won't affect PvP because ice doesn't freeze there, but it will greatly help us to crowd control.

There is also only a 20%(?) chance that a charged icebolt will even freeze, so we aren't looking at something too game-changing most likely.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

We need more aoe/dot output ,not more crowd control

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@Vroom, do you know time swift have bug in 2nd and 3rd underhul map? Mobs (wizards and gnomes) still move around towards player even under effect of permanent stun from skill masteries (not walking but moving and not attack).
    Last edited by Untung; 05-04-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So excited about these changes. When oh when????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default [Design Blog] Increasing the Potential of Sorcerers

Appreciate the proposed changes. Anything to give us a boost is welcome.

Regarding Fireball: I agree with the other posts here that increasing the number of targets is not helpful ( except maybe in the few maps where large pulls possible, if even then )

I think increasing the DoT or allowing the DoT to spread (like Nox) would be more beneficial for PVE.

My .02

IGN:
    Drizzitty
    Cryformana
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

aw nice mage king of pve
    IGN : PHENOMENALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice ithrowthings harder 😄

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just saw this thread today. Sounds good!

My preferred build is to go with Fire, Lightning, Shield, Heal. I find overall this is the most useful build, but I used to add Time Shift as a 5th skill and toggle it into the mix in elites, because Fire did not have a good enough AoE to take down elite mobs. Now with this updated skill mastery, I think I could get by without Time Shift.

With these new skill mastery upgrades, it really pays to try to get by with only 4 skills in your build, since you can then devote many more points to skill mastery upgrades than if you go with 5 or 6 skills.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #53
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

So one thing that is being underestimated here is the cool down reduction of Fireball with the mastery. At 10 points this increases the casting rate quite substantially, allowing you to cast 4 fireballs in the amount of time it would take to launch 3 before the mastery (non charged). That's an entire extra fireball worth of damage and DoTs to apply to a larger number of targets which in turn generates a significant DPS output change. The Damage is spread over multiple targets as well, so the bigger the pull the greater the boon.

We all like seeing big numbers on damage, but the rate at which we can put out those numbers is just as important as the numbers themselves. This also has the added balance of removing the mana cost reduction, therefore making it possible to spend that mana faster than you would normally in PvP.

These changes will be in the next update, we're looking forward to everyone trying out the change!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hi

Ty for making changes to Mage, I look forward to testing them.

Note to the reader: skip this post if you don't like essays.

There is a lot of white noise out there and smeering of skills between the classes and i think this is causing quite a few problems. We expect all football players to have excellent ball skills but strikers have to be very quick, defenders have to channel the opposition and only the goalie can handle the ball, so there are distinct skills if the idea is to have a team. Would we rather play an individual sport like golf, where each player has to be good at all the same skills?

So, imo, if we prefer teams for game play this is how to unscramle the egg:

Mages are magical - things like stuns, rooting, dot, healing of team members, adding crit to team members, placing curses on mobs or bosses etc are where sts should focus. I dont think it is a good idea for pets to have Mage skills, pets should enhance the skills of the owner, whichever class the owner is.

Rogues are assasins - they should be poor at fighting mobs, they should be excellent killers of bosses. The oportunity for killing is presented by the magic woven by mages and the distraction caused by wars. An alone assasin caught by a mob should be a very bad situation for the rogue. Quick killing skills, sniper skills, camaflage etc are the focus areas.

Wars are tanks - they are there to keep the mobs busy or to hinder the boss and his evil helpers from moving around. Presently wars are so OP that they are mob and boss killers. There was a situation some while ago when wars were useful. They could park mobs, they could allow mages and rogues to run, they could pull multiple mobs and deliver these to mages to pound and rogues to pick off the straglers. A good war would setup the map for his team and sts should focus on this.

In terms of PvE, although i'm not a PvE player, i suspect similar principles should apply and balancing these i'm sure is needed and being done.

It might not be a bad idea of doing a similar balancing idea on a map like pt3 to test or to encourage teamwork. Adding "team tokens" for teams with all 3 classes present, or similar, may provide the incentive.

I think ppl are going to moan about their own skills when they are effectively competing with the other classes. To lever teamwork is a great way of avoiding this and ofc it is at the heart of the great social interaction the game provides. Getting the classes to work together is the ultimate leadership challenge, and maybe the great life lesson of this game.

Ty for your work on the game and thanks for letting me have my 2 cents.

Upa

16. The Following User Says Thank You to upaokafi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    So one thing that is being underestimated here is the cool down reduction of Fireball with the mastery. At 10 points this increases the casting rate quite substantially, allowing you to cast 4 fireballs in the amount of time it would take to launch 3 before the mastery (non charged). That's an entire extra fireball worth of damage and DoTs to apply to a larger number of targets which in turn generates a significant DPS output change. The Damage is spread over multiple targets as well, so the bigger the pull the greater the boon.

We all like seeing big numbers on damage, but the rate at which we can put out those numbers is just as important as the numbers themselves. This also has the added balance of removing the mana cost reduction, therefore making it possible to spend that mana faster than you would normally in PvP.

These changes will be in the next update, we're looking forward to everyone trying out the change!
    couldn't agree more, probably one of the best offensive out there, other similar mastery either only increase max target or only decrease cooldown (some like jugg only decrease cooldown by 11%, but this one is legit 25%)
    not to mention 2 out of 3 original effect of fireball are stackable, blind duration and dot

can't wait to try
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    couldn't agree more, probably one of the best offensive out there, other similar mastery either only increase max target or only decrease cooldown (some like jugg only decrease cooldown by 11%, but this one is legit 25%)
    not to mention 2 out of 3 original effect of fireball are stackable, blind duration and dot

can't wait to try
    me tooo cant wait to try, love more my mage now yay
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    If at 1500 damage my fb and clock dot don't do at LEAST twice as much dot as a 600 damage warrior with magma and aegis than this is useless upon further consideration. It's not the number of targets a Mage can kill at a snails pace. It's the pace at which they don't kill. Keep the affected targets as is and apply a multiplier based on mobs affected to the dot ticks for Mage based on their damage. This will preserve rogues role. Bc if I clock or fb a boss bc it's only one it won't have any multiplier. The multiplier should slowly increase over time to make mages undoubtedly the best mob killers in the game. Much like rogues are the best boss killers in the game. The difference must be that extreme. Who can't stun? Why do I care about cc? If a tank can stun the same amount of mobs over say 10 seconds then these upgrades do nothing. If a tank can jugg, hold aggro, and let rogues and their other skills come in and stun, how exactly are mages superior? Bc it happens initially? This doesn't make Mage superior. Increase the dot progressively depending on the mob size. I don't wanna control the crowd. I wanna kill the crowd faster than the other two classes. That's the point of aoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This (the multipliers etc.) sounds great on paper, but I suspect it would require a heavy revamp of the mechanics.

For example, I, as a rogue, would then ask for something like this: If a rogue continually targets the same enemy (be it mob or boss), the damage of every hit should progressively increase too. So, for example if I do 1000-1500 damage on auto attack, the second auto attack should be 1100-1600, the third 1200-1700 and so on. If I switch targets, this resets.

It also begs the question - where do warriors fit in this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    This (the multipliers etc.) sounds great on paper, but I suspect it would require a heavy revamp of the mechanics.

For example, I, as a rogue, would then ask for something like this: If a rogue continually targets the same enemy (be it mob or boss), the damage of every hit should progressively increase too. So, for example if I do 1000-1500 damage on auto attack, the second auto attack should be 1100-1600, the third 1200-1700 and so on. If I switch targets, this resets.

It also begs the question - where do warriors fit in this?
    Rogue already have stuff like that with aimed shot where the second will always hit harder than the first. The reason for multipliers for Mage is to protect rogues. I asked it be based on mob number so no multipliers for boss. Idc what rogue get as long as Mage has the same in damage proportion comparison. Mage should kill mob faster than rogues in a proportional way that rogues can kill bosses faster than Mage. So buff rogue to eternity for all I care as long *** the ratio is same.

A group of 4 mages should finish mob dense maps in the same time as 4 rogues. With the time difference mages lose on boss they gain on mobs and vice Versa. Therefore ofc rewarding team play.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Rogue already have stuff like that with aimed shot where the second will always hit harder than the first. The reason for multipliers for Mage is to protect rogues. I asked it be based on mob number so no multipliers for boss. Idc what rogue get as long as Mage has the same in damage proportion comparison. Mage should kill mob faster than rogues in a proportional way that rogues can kill bosses faster than Mage. So buff rogue to eternity for all I care as long *** the ratio is same.

A group of 4 mages should finish mob dense maps in the same time as 4 rogues. With the time difference mages lose on boss they gain on mobs and vice Versa. Therefore ofc rewarding team play.
    No, there is no "stuff like that" in the current system. And I am talking about something entirely different. You suggest that mage damage should depend on number of mobs. I suggest something similar for rogue. Simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    No, there is no "stuff like that" in the current system. And I am talking about something entirely different. You suggest that mage damage should depend on number of mobs. I suggest something similar for rogue. Simple as that.
    So rogue damage should be reduced for mobs then. You already have best damage for single target lmao by a long shot. Mages should be just as op with mobs as rogues are with boss. And Mage should be just as up with boss as rogues are with mobs. You stuck on the multiplier, I'm stuck on equality. As I said before, I don't care what happens to rogues and long as mages have something directly proportional. How that's accomplished is of no concern to me.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post: