Thread: New (revamped) Skill Tree (Work in progress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New (revamped) Skill Tree (Work in progress)

OK so it's late at night and I decided to finally get to work to what i've been thinking about for a while. Even if the devs don't take of the suggestions I have given them thus far (and I suggest they at least consider most, if not all, of them) I think this is the 1 which is a must have! I don't think i will over-exaggerate when I say that the majority of people think that the skills are simple, have no room for "uniqueness" and are well... boring.

I think I will start with the elf skills, give them 3 skill tree choices (for example: magic/defence/combat) and if people like it I will do them for the rest. Now, the elements and units I provide will be due to change (for balance purposes), it is just a suggestion on how the skill tree should be approached by devs.

Stay tuned for changes! Picz coming soon! In the meantime you can post suggestions (which will be hard to do, because I have not given you anything to work with but still)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

your thinking like WOW.. not a bad idea but i'm currently happy wat it is now..
    Monqi - Warrior LVL 40 (Nature Tanker)
    Monji - Archer LVL 40 (Birdy Shooter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There will be a time when the skills get capped in the game, then what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far so good. I am somewhat done with Defence and Combat. Its coming out better than I expected. Yes, what Inching said, plus it will open room for "hybrid" builds. Right now I am limited by the graphic logos provided by the devs, so it might have repeated logos that mean different things, but I will provide full description of the skills (probably a while after I actually post the "skill tree")

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok here is a sneak peak of what's to come...

When I am finished I will include the appropriate skill points for an example of a build, List of the skills (their names and description) and some other stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

we neeed more new skills, not a tree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ed anger View Post
    we neeed more new skills, not a tree.
    Lol pwnd and correct. Your tree looks cute, but I could care less about a display. What we need is new skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I talked about skill trees in my PvP balance suggestion thread if you want to take a look. But this is how I think that it should work.

Each class only has two branches in their tree. This is to still keep the simplicity of PL. the class's trees are very simple.

Warrior trees are tank and dps warrior
    Enchantress trees are healing and Mage (dps ench)
    Archer trees are instant burst damage and damage over time archers (ex. Poisoned, fire, iced)

Now, you would start out your skill trees with the basic skills that you already have. The skill tree would be a totally different place to spend (tree points???). In the tree, you would get 1 point per level just like regular skills. Except skill trees could start at lvl 13. This could act as another perk for players who buy the maps. Ok, so in the skill tree section there would be totally new skills PLUS upgrades to old skills according to what you are speccing in. I'll give an example with an echantress skill tree.

Speccing into either Healing or Mage

Healing: first few skill in the skill tree could be upgrading your normal heal and buffs. As you get farther along you get the new skill "replenish". This heals damage over time. Now, you can still place another 4 points into for the full heal, or go deeper into the skill tree. The last spell in the tree should be something very special particularly for that spec. I was thinking maybe a healing spell that fully heals the whole group no matter where they are in the dungeon. It could be called "connected minds" or something of the sort.

I won't go into the Mage spec because I think you have the picture. Anyway, we DO need skill trees for a couple of reasons:

1) This would definitely help balance PvP
    2) It would add much more customization to characters
    3) It would make dungeon groups much more organized

I really think that the Devs should consider this in near future updates. I really do think that it would help in many areas of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe if you guys read... What I said is that I will use the pictures from the old skills (and w/e else from the game), but they won't necessarily reflect the same skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Lol pwnd and correct. Your tree looks cute, but I could care less about a display. What we need is new skills
    Pwnd and correct? No one got "pwnd" and you're just plain wrong anyway.

Obviously we need new skills, and no i don't like his one skill tree for all classes approach (or the fact that it looks like all the slashes are in one line but w/e), but just throwing more skills in will be meaningless. All the classes already share 80% of their skills, and they just name them different or change the range. On top of that making skill trees would clearly involve adding skills if done correctly, even if Elfche is not doing that (quite frankly i can't tell what that tree represents).

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net