Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

As i stated before, the new sets are obviously not meant to be looted by one person. Sts wants them to drop, but not on a daily basis. And i think it's ok, as long as you can make progress hunting them. Try hunting the banished amulet and you see how bad it gets, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Very interesting. It sounds about right though. The drop rates in this game are super low, unless you spend a ton of money on crates. Well it is what it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Very interesting. It sounds about right though. The drop rates in this game are super low, unless you spend a ton of money on crates. Well it is what it is.
    The Drop rates vary a lot. There are still some low hanging fruits with good revenue (drops and ingredients). Just don't expect Antignome and Banished to fall into this category. Some more middle tier items could help though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Lol I'll be more simple

He thought there was a certain number of chances that would *guarantee*. he hit one number.

Certainty and probability do not mix

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

If you farm without lix/lep,your foolish.

I looted fossil on my second Ren I opened,never since.

It doesn't matter how many runs you do.if an item has 1 % drop rate,you could do 5k runs without looting it.or one your first try.

Drop rates are so low because sts more than likely will not release another arc amulet for a long time (maybe we will get one more..)

It's a good thing.

Eat up some of that birthday money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

rerolling from legendary rarity is more or less equal to another roll chance from killing the boss once again, everyone posted here know that we can reroll into set item, but the significance is too low to spend reroll lix with.

anyway a friend said it was normal to have that kind of percentage, so nvm this post.

the info was given by a dev, that's why i cencored the name with red

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    if someone told you that the chance of looting an item is 0.0002% with cool expression
    I'd say why bother putting resources on elaborate set bonus and upgrade quest when it can only be played by minuscule less than one percenters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    To all the nonbelievers on the power of reroll:

And for the nonbelievers of the legitimacy of this post:
    Click here for thrrad quote was taken from..

The best way to attack farming these set items is:
    A)use a luck elixir, lepre and an Arlor ring. I prefer using the 30% loot elixir but TBH I end up rerolling more times on the mobs than the bosses, even though I dont use a lepre at bosses, this part is for the benefit of someone who posted on this thread actually had the audacity to once say maybe I might be slowing down runs because I used lepre during mobs(hasn't forgotten about all those rogue trolls when I made a buff warriors and mages post).
    B)Maybe stop complaining that the best way to farm is "get banned and unbanned and farm a free lazarith jewel" on forums and actually go farm. Unveiled attempt to make OP actually go farm.
    C) Try nott to reroll during mobs, each time you drop a legendary item without rerolling at boss just think of it as a "missed" SET item drop chance. To simplify things: each time you loot a legendary from boss no rerolls that legendary item could have been rerolled for a set item.

All that being said, I hope you've better luck now, all puns intended. I also hope this makes it possible for OP and co. to understand why reroll is something that doesn't let STS tell us the exact numbers. They could tell us the drop chances for the antignome pieces from bosses but that would be only without the reroll and I bet the chances for those are horribly bleak.

On a side note, maybe try nott using heal during runs to increase efficiency of your runs@somenub mage on this thread.
    Each time you loot a legendary item at boss, that happens like once in 50runs and then you have ~50% chance to reroll and then if you reroll on the legendary item you just get the same chance to loot set item as kf you just killed boss.
    So if you do 50runs and loot one legendary without reroll, well you did 50 runs. If you do 50 runs and reroll on legendary, wow then you did 51 runs. Not a big deal at all. Wasting money on that luck elixiers in these maps doesn't really help. Doesn't work like farming crates.

Of course they could tell chances without reroll lol. I don't think their RNG sets the drop rates for dofferent items on itself.
    Firther more you could calculate the exact chance by knowing the rate to loot a legendary item (you need that one without reroll) and the rate of looting set item. You would know rate to loot legendary, rate to reroll and rate to loot set item then.

The chances to loot set item via re-roll are so much lower than lootin it without. If we knew the rates not only the rats without reroll would be horribly bleak.

If you have 50% luck then the chance to loot set item via luck is already divided by 2 (legendary rate/2). Then it has to be multiplied with the drop rate of set item in loot table which isn't even close to 0,5%.
    Even if the chance to loot legendary or set item woukd both be 5% which is way to high the chance to loot set item by rerolling already is down to 0,125%. If loot rates both are 1% its down to 0,005%. Do you feel it getting ridiculously low?
    Last edited by stricker20000; 06-23-2016 at 01:53 AM.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

rerolling from legendary rarity is more or less equal to another roll chance from killing the boss once again, everyone posted here know that we can reroll into set item, but the significance is too low to spend reroll lix with.

anyway a friend said it was normal to have that kind of percentage, so nvm this post.

the info was given by a dev, that's why i cencored the name with red
    Interesting. I expected such a drop rate tho lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    You are speaking about hypothetical cases and false numbers.

The lets say in itself not a plausible statement. How about I say "let's say" set item is a 100%? There is no way to argue with that.

What I've posted is what I know is the best way to increase your chances of obtaining a set item drop from bosses. The only thing viable on your post is 55% luck reroll...

For me I've managed to get an unrerolled into legendary every 30 or so runs, this is being uncharacteristically pessimistic. I do get an unrerolled legendary 2-3 consecutively in runs and I also get dry streaks without a legendary drop(rerolled or nott) for 20-30 runs, that there is RNG.

I've probably looted 3-4m worth of gear and chests from rerolls in Underhul, I've spent maybe 2mish, maybe more for both the numbers.

This thread was about how futile running for set items is and I posted a few reasons why you might be stuck in a tunnel with no light in sight. The only reason I took the time to post was because people were making posts without any base about how "reroll" doesn't help, myth(no pun intended this time) busting can be fun if the other party is englightened in the process if not there's a saying that goes "you can bring the horse to the river but you cant make it drink".

Hope it cleared things up and you've better luck now. I'll stop commenting because it eats on my time to play the game.
    1/30*0,55*1/2000 = 0,000916% to loot set item on reroll still. Took the 1/2000 chance for set item because we have easily done 2000 runs wothout set item. I'm just curious if you don't want to understand how luck works towards set items or if you just don't understand it.
    Lootin encrusted chest, golden chest etc. with luck elixier is another thing.

That means for those rates: The chances to loot a set item without any re-roll is more than 50x higher than looting it with reroll.

I doubt that 0,050916% instead of 0,05% is worth buying luck elixiers. BTW if 1/30 is the rate for lootin legendary without re-roll and you have 55% re-roll chance the probability for lootin set item without reroll will always be about 55x higher than looting it with re-roll, no matter what the rate for set item is.
    Last edited by stricker20000; 06-23-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

My take is that a 0.0002% chance to loot anything (even with luck boosts) is discouraging and useless to the individual player. I wish devs would break out of their 'players-as-a-group' thinking and see things from the perspective of the individual more often.

A community is composed of individuals with individual ideas, individual agendas and individual needs. The reality is that most players aren't going to try hard for something knowing that they, individually, have a joke-of-a-chance to loot that three-map-set item. I know I'm not interested. This game calls us all "heroes" but this design virtually guarantees that only the occasional lucky lottery winner gets to be the 'hero.' It's so
    rare that devs have resorted to blasting a system message every time someone loots it! o.0

I dislike set bonuses because it means we are railroaded into wearing the gear that the developer chooses. In the future, will STS just dump itemization entirely and go with exactly the same gear for everyone? Are we just along for the ride? Where's
    freedom, variety, and choice? I'm not demanding anything, it just feels like those qualities aren't even being considered anymore.
    Last edited by Niixed; 06-23-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

so we will need like 500,000 runs to expect looting one item

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    I never said it guaranties, i said its the top of bell curve which means the most likely senario is you hit it in that number, whats so hard to get this?
    It's not, but your language is "expect" and even though you use the qualifier "like" which could imply you might have thought 500k roll will absolutly hit one #.
    All I implied is you could do that and it is possible to not drop it, dig?
    Then ppl kept trying to exposing bell curves which I wasn't addressing.

@ Ir - like the Lightning scenario I just kept trying to say not that it could never happen but that it might not.

There is no guarantee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    It's not, but your language is "expect" and even though you use the qualifier "like" which could imply you might have thought 500k roll will absolutly hit one...
    Not at all how I read it, nor based on that poster's other replies what they meant.

It is, in fact, the very definition in probability: *Expectation*, which *is* 1 for the example the poster gave.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to p-value For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p-value View Post
    Not at all how I read it, nor based on that poster's other replies what they meant.

It is, in fact, the very definition in probability: *Expectation*, which *is* 1 for the example the poster gave.
    thanks for clearing this :P, i'm not a native, so i usually make mistakes, pardon me
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Derailing is strong with this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I dont think for set items re-roll counts. Friend looted mold without lep or luck elixir. Is just luck without the re-roll factor involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xutreuqux View Post
    Derailing is strong with this thread
    I don't think it really derailed, it just went deeper into detail about loot chances and how re-roll affects them.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Memnochthedevil View Post
    I dont think for set items re-roll counts. Friend looted mold without lep or luck elixir. Is just luck without the re-roll factor involved.
    basically yes but there is very very low chance to get it on re-roll but as I/we explained...it is so low that it is not worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Besides the Cryostar / Elite Cryostar I personally don't these maps are worth farming. The legendary drops that comes from these maps have no value. The coins you gathered from these maps are pretty worthless since you'll end up spending way more on ankhs and pots. Basically, unless you get extremely lucky you'll end up on the wrong end of this deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

if someone told you that the chance of looting an item is 0.0002% with cool expression

so we will need like 500,000 runs to expect looting one item, and then, knowing that 1 run is approximately 20 minutes, it's a whooping 10 million minutes needed!, converted into hours, it's around 150,000 hours, 6000 days, 20 years, of 24/7 playing times...

P.S.: thank you for the transparency, we definitely need this more
    Lol man 0.0002 chance to get in one chest. Maybe if u opening 100000000000 chest and looted the item or opening 1 chest and looted that item

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk