Thread: our problem or theirs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default our problem or theirs

I want to take a minute to talk about suppression, as I feel it is an undervalued skill for those looking into less support and more control oriented engineers. The common consensus has been that it is mostly a solo skill b/c in groups it gets wasted by the group attacking the mezzed targets. It has been noted by others that their are better ways to spend your points and I do not disagree completely.

However, as the game is filling up I am finding myself more and more often being needed in other capacities than heal spamming and the occasional armor buff. So my thought is that we( meaning engineers) should not look at ourselves to blame for others breaking the mez. Yes, I said it, suppression is a GREAT group skill if the group will play with us more effectively.

Like any other support/utility class timing is important. You should expect if you run in first and mez the whole group the commando behind you is gonna scatter them and break mez. You should expect if you mez a boss to have wasted that mana. But timed accordingly, with adds at a boss fight, or those seperate groups that run in from another direction, mez can keep the heat off until you and your party can take care of the immediate threat. One example that comes to mind is in numa prime if someone accidently stray to far and pulls a group from somewhere else...Suppress those punks and turn your attention back to your group for healing and/or some indiscriminate dps. Shoot, you could even lay on a quick pain to grab the aggro from your teammate and off-tank the secondary group while your team finishes up the first. All the better with 2 engineers because the other one can worry about heals.

Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to let me know what you all think

EDIT: after re-reading and talking to some people(thanks peacemaster) I want to clarify that I don't think any one class is playing "wrong" just that all of us should be playing more cooperatively, not just smashing our skill buttons recklessly
    Last edited by GigaBits; 08-26-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer