Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback on the 2016 Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Feedback on the 2016 Ursoth's Assault Event

To be honest,I am not really enjoying this event compared to the 2014 and 2015 events. Here's why:
    1.Too much rare,high-priced loot (Arcane weapons,Mishi,and Hisha)
    2.Portal item too hard to obtain
    3.Meh rewards (like always)
    4.Speaking of the rewards,the farmer elixir doesn't improve drop rates significantly (in my oppinion)
    5.Reskinned wings and they don't even look fiery like the name says they are
    6.Chests only give 1 loot per open
    7.Reskinned armor
    8.Furniture chests requiring 20 platinum to open

Here is what I think should happen:
    1.Have the Immortal weapons be added to the Massive Cryostar Crate's loot table and the Crate Token Vendor in Glintstone,replacing the Dragon Hunter weapons (the Dragon Hunter weapons will still be available for purchase from the crate token vendor in Garetta)
    2.Better rewards for achieving tiers (especially platinum tier because the rewards at that tier don't match up with the effort that some people put into reaching that tier)
    3.Add a little more varity to the event armors' stats rather than a lame copy and paste of the standard level 56 armor because it's starting to get annoying in my oppinion
    4.Make the portal item way easier to get (like make it just as obtainable as the goblin altar relic)
    5.Try to limit the amount of arcane items to 1 and the amount of mythics to 3 for events
    6.If there is going to be a Farmer Elixir for the next event,please make it more effective because the one in this event just seems like 60% working,40% placebo
    7.Remove the 20 platinum fee for opening furniture chests,increase how many tokens it takes to obtain them in vendor or reduce the fee to 5-10 platinum
    8.Have lesser chests give 1 loot while greater chests give 3 loot+ improved chance at legendaries
    9.Event-based houses! (Like have an Elondrian lodge with leaves on the walls) As a result of this,allow players to have up to 5 different houses.
    10.A seperate inventory for event items

Feel free to leave your feedback/suggestions about this year's Ursoth's Assault event or the feedback I mentioned.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 07-11-2016 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Added one more suggestion

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I gave this event 2 stars out of five. Already explained my side in the other thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Thanks for making this thread. I'll express my opinions here too from playing most of the events in this game has offered.

1. Teamwork in events used to be free or cost less. Back then we only had to rely on 1 item or few but cheap items to have access to the bonus maps. All people, F2P and P2W players had the chance on running maps together and have the determination in roaming maps just to help their team look for a portal. Now we have a 100% portal but wow, 200k is a BIG AMOUNT for a newbie or a normal player. People are definitely not gonna have fun and just simply give up coz they can do many other things than spend it on the doll, which I may add won't even be worth it because the drops won't guarentee you get a worthy kind aka vanity weps, eggs, event lock, etc.

My suggestion: If you want us to have a key to gain access to bonus maps, make it an obtainable item from the Token NPC and make it expensive BUT it will last throughout the entire event week/s. That way, we have something to save up for and not only will we help ourselves but our friends as well, bringing back teamwork and the excitement to run maps again.

2. Vanities. To put it bluntly, last year's Vanities were a job well done. Like they were planned well and ahead. I'd also like to add this as this has happened a couple of times already. When you take a screenshot of the new vanity you will be featuring, please refrain from pairing it with items that give out effects like an aura or smoke because that's like false advertisement. Some people thought Fiery Wings had a smoking effect (which in my opinion would've looked good) but ending up fooling people because it got paired with the new Arcane Daggers which give out a big smoking effect, as big as the wings were.

That's all I gotta say. I love the events but I hope to see improvements, especially when the incoming events are the most awaited every year.
    Last edited by Vixenne; 07-09-2016 at 12:20 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixenne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vixenne View Post
    Thanks for making this thread. I'll express my opinions here too from playing most of the events in this game has offered.

1. Teamwork in events used to be free or cost less. Back then we only had to rely on 1 item or few but cheap items to have access to the bonus maps. All people, F2P and P2W players had the chance on running maps together and have the determination in roaming maps just to help their team look for a portal. Now we have a 100% portal but wow, 200k is a BIG AMOUNT for a newbie or a normal player. People are definitely not gonna have fun and just simply give up coz they can do many other things than spend it on the doll, which I may add won't even be worth it because the drops won't guarentee you get a worthy kind aka vanity weps, eggs, event lock, etc.

My suggestion: If you want us to have a key to gain access to bonus maps, make it an obtainable item from the Token NPC and make it expensive BUT it will last throughout the entire event week/s. That way, we have something to save up for and not only will we help ourselves but our friends as well, bringing back teamwork and the excitement to run maps again.

2. Vanities. To put it bluntly, last year's Vanities were a job well done. Like they were planned well and ahead. and I remember when JustG stated that there would be NO MORE RECOLORED VANITIES. Sadly, we had to witness that in this event. I'd also like to add this as this has happened a couple of times already. When you take a screenshot of the new vanity you will be featuring, please refrain from pairing it with items that give out effects like an aura or smoke because that's like false advertisement. Some people thought Fiery Wings had a smoking effect (which in my opinion would've looked good) but ending up fooling people because it got paired with the new Arcane Daggers which give out a big smoking effect, as big as the wings were.

That's all I gotta say. I love the events but I hope to see improvements, especially when the incoming events are the most awaited every year.
    I loved 2014's vanities. I thought those were the best and they had a lot of color and I like colorful. In 2015 they reskinned the vanities to have a more dull and rusty color to them which was a bit displeasing to me,but I loved the Call of Champions vanities they added for the same reason as 2014's vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This. Well articulated.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I remember when JustG stated that there would be NO MORE RECOLORED VANITIES.
    I did not say that. Here is what I said in the last Producer's Letter:

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Original and Better Looking Stuff:

A large request is for less recolors, so we’re bringing back some of the old art team to help crank out more new and unique items for you. Expect to see this starting as soon as our next push later this week.
    We have done many more new and unique items since then, but we also do some recolored ones to continue to provide a wide variety of rewards.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

We have done many more new and unique items since then, but we also do some recolored ones to continue to provide a wide variety of rewards.
    Actually all love crimson wings! Bring black one for Halloween *.*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

My apologies. Thanks for confirming JustG
    Last edited by Vixenne; 07-09-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

an event full of gambling aspect... but yes, many people likes gambling... and i lost ;-;

anyway:
    1. since you can't provide item grouping until this time, please consider making items that has similar drop rate with energy essence, and is put on the same loot table as energy essence, as untradeable items, eventually these items will become overly abundant and lose their value, and rather than become a tool for trolling people by giving them to others, better make it untradeable and unstashable, so that we can mass delete this items.
    2. please consider adding a remove 10 for grouped items aside from remove all
    3. please consider changing forged energy kit rarity into the lowest one, and remove the '1' from the name, and maybe change 'forged' into 'zforged' ahahaha
    4. ursoth normal attack can 1 hko sorcerer/rogue class @ 6-7k damage scaled at full party, it's okay if it's red zone or some moves that can be avoided, but please, take consideration on making the difficulty, or even better remove the scaling by member
    5. when considering access to 5th boss, please always consider how a single individual will fare, ideally it should be free of penalty when running alone, and more advantage when running more, not penalized if running alone, or even worse, penalized if running with more members
    6. drop rate also affecting market price, nobody will buy visage at 1m price each and neither will sell at 10k each with the current drop rate, when vroom said 'it was you who decide the expensive price, not us', i can only be amused by the comment. you also have to consider that visage is purely a consumable, it's not like planar pendant recipe.
    7. client responsiveness needs to be improved, when you see what happened to goldilox, died many times even though he tried to dodge redzones, that's also happened to us, warnings that always seems to be late, still hitting even though we're out of the zone, please, if you can't fix it, be considerate by adding longer warning time, please don't repeat in on halloween's paracelsus boss. also unwarned massive stun from 1st boss/ursoth minions is still a mystery, because the red zone that comes after that deals no damage, please don't treat stun/disabling move as a small attack.
    8. if goblin event is about gold, and elondrian about loot, then what is halloween? 1hko festival? then why put 2k gold and 5k gold in leafy chest? better remove it and change it into something else. i'd rather have all the events bosses have standardized points and tokens reward, why? because the root of access to this boss is same energy, which cost either 5 plat, or 5-10 minutes farm + 2h crafting. and then make the token vendor provide better and more expensive rewards at longer event, not equally valuable things at different price.
    9. when you're testing an event, try testing it by playing in a whole week in a decent game-time, and make decision about drop rate/rarity/token vendor pricing after that. when you're saying 'it's just a first day of event' and ignore our feedback/rants, you also have to consider that many players rush an event on its first day, so even though some are irrelevant, some others are relevant, and to judge which one is which, you have to try playing it as if playing a whole-time event.
    10. leafy chest as not stashable item is very inconsistent thing, we can still move the chests into our other alternative accounts by transferring it to a completely different account, it's making easy things overly complicated. rather make it as a completely untradeable item. don't you think that stashable is a more specific attribute from being tradeable?

also always forgot to say thank you for all the small update like, number of owned items on give menu which help us do bulk trading (will be better if normal trade window also support bulk trade), world positioning is remembered by last scrolling which help us to remap, etc etc
    Last edited by extrapayah; 07-09-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

We share the Dolls we use per run with friends, so we end up with about 50k per run per player. I don't mind items of high rarity as hisha, but with these entry costs there should be a way to make progress without hitting the jackpot. I never looted a visage there or saw one drop, but maybe blood grub could have it added or raised? This would also help solo parties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Should leave the events the way they were. The pet we get from reaching gold tier should be tradable and not character bound. Make the prizes worth something. Stop recoloring things and come up with new ideas. I know sts has very creative team to come up with new things when event comes around.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    Expelliarmus.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cpt. For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

what about the Bloodgrub's Headdress please make it stash able so i can use it on my twink buying a doll just to kill bloodgrub 10x is so expensive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i think content exclusivity doesn't go in line with free/freemium games,

but anyway i forgot to complaint about inconsistencies in recipes, the crate recipe is unstashable but craftable after events, by being craftable after events, it nullifies the restriction/limitation of being unstashable. making things overly complicated.
    i think the most straightforward properties of a recipe are, it should be not-shareable but permanent, following the literal meaning of a recipe, something you've learned.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

We need more ways of making gold from an event . Its the main thing older players lookup to ( and gear ofcourse , but were good with that) . I know you said goblin event will be the only free-gold event , but really? Give us atleast 1 way of making gold in a higher rate than km3 ( im sick of that map lol )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Give us back tarlok 2013 event so we can all stop complaining about how terrible events are.

OrangeUnicorn
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Let's have events where you guys make plat and we make gold. Bound items, untradeables, zero liquidation, seeing a lot of that. As soon as something unprecedented makes us gold its quickly nerfed upon discovery. Allow it, we running you're event guys, a lil kindness don't hurt. As long as it's not as bad as the cake catastrophe that rocked the economy.

For example you guys discover a recipe can be liquidated for 2k and bought for a few tokens, leave it, allow non-platters to enjoy having some gold. Or an event chest in previous event that gave some nice gold and cost little amount of tokens, then don't nerf an equivalent chest in next event so that it requires 6x the tokens needed to get from vendor.

Sometimes the little stuff make us happy whenever you quash these lil surprises you kinda reflecting that you just want plat and don't want us to make any gold ingame, except running km3 all the damn time 24/7.

Some of us don't have the time to run a map incessantly.

P.S instead of spending a ton of gold and crafting numerous things to get to hidden boss, why not make the boss appearance random after we kill a high end boss like Ursoth/Paracelsus/Syrillax. The way Bael 2 and Krunch 2 appear but with slightly better odds
    Last edited by Terminhater; 07-11-2016 at 04:07 AM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post: