Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connection advantage in duel arena

Robhawk

Cool connection advantage in duel arena

Since my thread in pvp section got closed in minutes i will try to make it as drama free as possible.
    I think its time to do something about it. Not every player sits next to the AL servers like some...

So a timer at the beginning and between each round with more then 3 seconds would be gggrreeaaaaaattttttt !!!

It has NOTHING to do with the recording! My device is a Samsung galxy s7 edge and the recording tool is Samsungs Game Tool...

Last edited by Robhawk; 07-20-2016 at 09:01 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

There is a timer at the beginning of each round.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There is a timer at the beginning of each round.
    Do you see a timer in this video? I dont... So timer length is to short... in all the duels we did today i never saw a timer!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Do you see a timer in this video? I dont... So timer length is to short... in all the duels we did today i never saw a timer!
    Your load times are slow, they always give 3 seconds per round.

Robhawk

Your load times are slow, they always give 3 seconds per round.
    Yes they are... that is playing AL from germany on usa servers... So a timer with 6 seconds would be fine for me, then you have 6 seconds and can even adjust and change skills and i have 1 to 3 seconds to get not rushed!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

nice video, i hope everyone including devs take a look into the video
    i guess globally online pvp is never fair with different network delay, unless sts apply delay to balance between players
    this also explain why there are so many mysterious attacks in pve too, because pve enemies totally have zero delay, and sts never consider delay to begin with, even though the ping is shown as green...
    Last edited by extrapayah; 07-15-2016 at 07:55 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i have the same issue robhawk. soetimes after each round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    nice video, i hope everyone including devs take a look into the video
    i guess globally online pvp is never fair with different network delay, unless sts apply delay to balance between players
    this also explain why there are so many mysterious attacks in pve too, because pve enemies totally have zero delay, and sts never consider delay to begin with, even though the ping is shown as green...
    Why should the players with good connection suffer because of the players with slower one? Having proper tech is a part of gaming ....im living in Europe , but my ping is stable at 80-120 . So its not a problem of country ( tough that does play a huge role , its possible to get a very small delay wihtout living on the roof of sts )

The problem was in the loading speed. Zeus started when robhawk was still in his duel screen . You can see a small delay ( robhawk took damage slightly before the attacks were reaching him , but its like 0.1s , wont make a huge diffirence ) , that was their ping diffirence , the rest is more device-speed related .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 07-16-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Maybe something like a 2 seconds shield to prevent spawn kills, same as on PvP maps.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yes they are... that is playing AL from germany on usa servers... So a timer with 6 seconds would be fine for me, then you have 6 seconds and can even adjust and change skills and i have 1 to 3 seconds to get not rushed!
    Germany? Ohh...

Nein Nein Nein

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    the rest is more device-speed related .
    I am sorry that i play on a VERY OLD and OUTDATED Samsung Galaxy S7 edge... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I am sorry that i play on a VERY OLD and OUTDATED Samsung Galaxy S7 edge... lol
    Im not sure but i think zeus is running AL on pc , and thats for sure faster. Even when i swap from my tablet ( mainly use for gaming ) to my phone i see a diffirence in loading speed . All tough it is messed up that "loading speed" can even be a problem with a device as powerfull as galaxy s7 edge....
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 07-16-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Meh, phones, tablets, cannot compare to a pc's processing speed, be it Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Intous View Post
    Meh, phones, tablets, cannot compare to a pc's processing speed, be it Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
    Yes, and mine is a quad core i7 with a dedicated GPU. Simply put, I'm always going to beat mobile devices when it comes to loading times.

Robhawk

Yes, and mine is a quad core i7 with a dedicated GPU. Simply put, I'm always going to beat mobile devices when it comes to loading times.
    Well there is no doubt that a PC is way faster then even the best mobile phones like s7 edge...

Imho Arcane Legends is a MOBILE game, isn't it? When playing on PC gives such advantages compared to people playing on the best MOBILES then playing on PC shouldn't be allowed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well there is no doubt that a PC is way faster then even the best mobile phones like s7 edge...

Imho Arcane Legends is a MOBILE game, isn't it? When playing on PC gives such advantages compared to people playing on the best MOBILES then playing on PC shouldn't be allowed!
    O.O a huge part of the player base relies on PC to play this game, removing this game from pc will be disastrous, also, removing the game from pc, because, it gives an advantage is really unreasonable.
    Intous - High Society

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Intous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You do realize that PCs have a lot of disadvantages over mobile users too? First of all, unless your PC is touch screen...you will not swap as fast as a mobile user. Secondly, PC movement is 8 directions, as opposed to 360 movement in mobile user. If you try running maps that have a slanted angle, you are always running crooked on a PC. Anything that requires interaction with the user menu, such as skill swap, liquidation, gear swap, etc, is much slower on PC.

There's a give and take with everything.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

You do realize that PCs have a lot of disadvantages over mobile users too? First of all, unless your PC is touch screen...you will not swap as fast as a mobile user. Secondly, PC movement is 8 directions, as opposed to 360 movement in mobile user. If you try running maps that have a slanted angle, you are always running crooked on a PC. Anything that requires interaction with the user menu, such as skill swap, liquidation, gear swap, etc, is much slower on PC.
    There's a give and take with everything.
    1. Have a look at the topic of this thread!
    2. Watch the video carefully.
    3. Tell me something about disadvantages on PC vs mobile !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

1. Have a look at the topic of this thread!
    2. Watch the video carefully.
    3. Tell me something about disadvantages on PC vs mobile !!!
    You clearly did not read my post if you're asking me to list disadvantages. There's a give and take. Mobile is better in some areas, PC is better in others. That's just how it is.

Robhawk

You clearly did not read my post if you're asking me to list disadvantages. There's a give and take. Mobile is better in some areas, PC is better in others. That's just how it is.
    You clearly don't understand the meaning of this thread. This thread IS ABOUT DUEL not about other parts of the game... Do you really want to discuss anything regarding facts shown in the video? Are you kidding me? I know you don't care much about sportsmanship and abused your advantage as much as possible... ok... But why for gods sake do you even discuss obvious things shown in this video? Dude? zzzZZZZZZZ !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Avemaria View Post
    eh. regardless if you're using pc or mobile, robhawk always rants when he loses to somone/everyone.
    Im sorry when i wrecked you to often... now go troll somewhere else, TY! BTW its really funny that you register to a forum and your first and only post is a hate post against me in a not very popular sub forum, lmao ! Normally i would say give me your ign and we play but you are obviously a true nab so i don't even want to know your ign... Just say hi to my ignorelist!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 07-20-2016 at 06:36 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post: