Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates: Proposed Balance Changes PART 2 (7/22/2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Even if its a buff it's going to be useless because no rogue will nox against curse instead they will razor, can u just get it already? Go play a rogue or get a friend and test nox curse vs him, once it poisons a team and get cursed its just GG for him/her
    nerf curse and problem solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    They don't use curse at end game because there's never a rogue in team to fight against. This update will insure every single sorcerer is going to be using curse against rogue.
    Lol....funny how when u and Goth play together as rogues and I cursed (this was 46 cap), u never died. She died every time, but u managed to survive. Because u know not to nox (or charge nox) on curse. Curse is easy to avoid if you know what you are doing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelllz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I said it like 2-3 times there is no rogues in maxed clashes to begin with anyways why would they use curse then for a mage? All clashes are 3 mages 2 tanks, and oncr u nox a mage could just curse u after u nox and dots from nox can just end up killing u so it doesnt matter if u nox before curse or after
    I suggest you to ask twink mages why twink mages doesn't have dot skill in their attacks. And I am saying again you don't know much about curse because you are making some assumptions which are not true. If mages charge their shield it counters curse (only charged shield, nilbog maybe other pet not sure about it ) and good mages will not use curse until their opponent shield is down. And mages are not using curse in endgame because of long cool down. Area it covers is so low. Mages can deal way more damage if they don't use curse.

So this nox is certainly a buff and I hope it will not upset the balance for twinks.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shelllz View Post
    Lol....funny how when u and Goth play together as rogues and I cursed (this was 46 cap), u never died. She died every time, but u managed to survive. Because u know not to nox (or charge nox) on curse. Curse is easy to avoid if you know what you are doing.

Funny how i see him use razors against curse instead of nox back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Shh we don't give away rogue secrets they want it all and they want it now

Sts should just make it to where the other classes can't join in pvp so they'll be happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

How about add the ability to remove curse with the razor ability , so once razor shield is up curse gets removed just like with the mage shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Funny how i see him use razors against curse instead of nox back then.
    You must be some pro mage we have no idea about. Who are u? Rogues used razor to prevent stun from lava swords......lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    I suggest you to ask twink mages why twink mages doesn't have dot skill in their attacks. And I am saying again you don't know much about curse because you are making some assumptions which are not true. If mages charge their shield it counters curse (only charged shield, nilbog maybe other pet not sure about it ) and good mages will not use curse until their opponent shield is down. And mages are not using curse in endgame because of long cool down. Area it covers is so low. Mages can deal way more damage if they don't use curse.

So this nox is certainly a buff and I hope it will not upset the balance for twinks.
    As i said there is no mage who's stupid enough to use curse against 3 mages, in endgame curse is only used against rogues, no skill can prevent rogue from getting cursed only Nilbog or Misty AA but no roghe will use them because they need to time their own nekro shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Useless buff,while jugg on jugg will be triggered and mages will farm as with curse, looks more like a nerf rather than buff in pvp

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #90
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Hey All,

We reviewed how Curse works in terms of reflecting damage. Curse puts a debuff on the enemy causing them to deal damage to themselves, based on their own damage stat. The reflected damage is not based on the amount of outgoing damage. This means that Aimed Shot, Noxious Bolt, or a basic attack will all return the exact same amount of damage to the Rogue.

From our perspective, this would make Noxious Bolt more worthwhile against a Sorcerer using Curse, because I will be dealing more damage to the Sorcerer, while taking the same amount of damage. There is also a very large range discrepancy between Curse and Noxious Bolt, Noxious Bolt has 3x the range of Curse.

Please keep the discussion going over the weekend and remember, be civil!
    -STSVroom
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

You must be some pro mage we have no idea about. Who are u? Rogues used razor to prevent stun from lava swords......lol

Sorry? Rogues never use razors then? They use it to prevent mage fireball too no? Some rogues use razors after nekro to not get stunned ofc you dont know about this because you only stack mages, razors can be used to prevent any type of stuns not only Lava, so its better to prevent stuns than to use nox and die against a mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Shh we don't give away rogue secrets they want it all and they want it now

Sts should just make it to where the other classes can't join in pvp so they'll be happy
    I agree. Dear sts. Per some "pro" rogue constantly crying about nerfs and buffs, please restrict all other classes from entering pvp. Let rogues clash eachother. It seems like the only solution they will be happy with.
    *throws mic down and walks away.

Last edited by Shelllz; 07-22-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey All,

We reviewed how Curse works in terms of reflecting damage. Curse puts a debuff on the enemy causing them to deal damage to themselves, based on their own damage stat. The reflected damage is not based on the amount of outgoing damage. This means that Aimed Shot, Noxious Bolt, or a basic attack will all return the exact same amount of damage to the Rogue.

From our perspective, this would make Noxious Bolt more worthwhile against a Sorcerer using Curse, because I will be dealing more damage to the Sorcerer, while taking the same amount of damage. There is also a very large range discrepancy between Curse and Noxious Bolt, Noxious Bolt has 3x the range of Curse.

-STSVroom
    LMAO every rogue using that as an excuse just got rekt

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hey All,

-STSVroom
    Doesn't mean that a rogue will be using nox against curse because "That damage from curse" is already enough to kill her, So poison spreads to the team and its dot being cursed that's like 4-5x dots? Imagine getting cursed? Just test it out vroom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey All,

-STSVroom
    Thank you for clearing this up for all the rogues out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hey All,

-STSVroom
    Curse does more damage based on DoT frequency, though. Since you're buffing the poison, it gives incentive for sorcerers to use curse. This was verified from a developer himself a while back.

Furthermore, this buff already existed in the form of a glitch of nox mastery. It was of no help and actually caused sorcerers to spec curse and wipe rogues.

In order to take full advantage of this buff, a rogue is going to be charging nox. When curse lands on the rogue, all that damage gets reflected back. Furthermore, this will actually help keep tanks alive because the poison damage is less than the heal.

Thus, this is not a buff, but effectively a nerf.

Please keep in mind some players are okay with this because it insures sorcerer stack will still be prevalent. On the other thread, these specific players essentially stated not to buff rogue because it does not suit their team play.

My videos clearly show me using razor shield in those two rogue clashes. Please do not lie.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-22-2016 at 06:03 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

There will never be balance within a game when one class 1 shots the other dps class and takes 50% of the "tank" classes hp. Re evaluate all classes roles within pvp, right now I disagree that mages have a large "AoE". Adding more damage to a class which lacks survivability is ridiculous, especially when curse and 3 mages can be an effective counter.

IMO this "buff" will only further encourage people to use mages within a clash over rogues. But also more damage to a squishy class will be very useless unless you're using Korruption. Nothing is breaking jugg these days and how are you expecting rogues to hit the mages? A mage will only be sniped if they're out of place and it is quite easy to position yourself correctly these days. Nekro shield goes down, boom 3 mages cross, 1 uses curse and the rogue is dead.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Curse does more damage based on DoT frequency, though. Since you're buffing the poison, it gives incentive for sorcerers to use curse. This was verified from a developer himself a while back.

Furthermore, this buff already existed in the form of a glitch of nox mastery. It was of no help and actually caused sorcerers to spec curse and wipe rogues.

In order to take full advantage of this buff, a rogue is going to be charging nox. When curse lands on the rogue, all that damage gets reflected back. Furthermore, this will actually help keep tanks alive because the poison damage is less than the heal.

Thus, this is not a buff, but effectively a nerf.
    Just hope a dev try to test it out its basically not going to help at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

It's hilarious how y'all know more about the games mechanics than a developer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    There will never be balance within a game when one class 1 shots the other dps class and takes 50% of the "tank" classes hp. Re evaluate all classes roles within pvp, right now I disagree that mages have a large "AoE". Adding more damage to a class which lacks survivability is ridiculous, especially when curse and 3 mages can be an effective counter.

IMO this "buff" will only further encourage people to use mages within a clash over rogues. But also more damage to a squishy class will be very useless unless you're using Korruption. Nothing is breaking jugg these days and how are you expecting rogues to hit the mages? A mage will only be sniped if they're out of place and it is quite easy to position yourself correctly these days. Nekro shield goes down, boom 3 mages cross, 1 uses curse and the rogue is dead.
    Aren't you a mage? Good to hear that from a mage if i had a thank button I'd click it but ran out of thanks
    No other mages like to hear that rogues are buffed? I'm a Mage and i just want balance, this buff will not help at all rogues will still be replaced by mages