Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Updates: Proposed Balance Changes PART 2 (7/22/2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That's not the truth at all, please do not twist things. Rogues literally do not have a place in PvP anymore. Why are others being so selfish to not allow rogues a place in PvP?
    Again I'm all for a damage buff and class restriction what I'm against is you and people like irellia who think that buffing rogues and needing everything else is a viable solution....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    No player is able to "strong arm" developers. If this player you speak of has the power to strong arm devs, how then did rogues end up the weakest in PvP?

Nox bolt poison damage increase sounds like it would be a wash, from what I can gather. Nox bolt is popular in PvP, but it seems far too narrow of a fix because, to benefit, ALL Rogues in PvP would be required to get Nox bolt with poison upgrade. Knowing that every Rogue has Nox bolt poison would cause mages to use curse more often, thus discouraging Rogues from embracing Nox bolt poison upgrade and fewer would use it. Thus, Rogues would end up in exactly the same position as were before the Nox bolt poison damage buff.

I think Rogues should receive a 1% damage buff AND a 1% armor buff PER WEEK until it seems like Rogues are too strong. Then, devs should nerf 1% damage and 1% armor PER WEEK until balance achieved. In this way Devs would be able to detect balance by examining statistics and gauging player reaction. It would be imperfect, but would allow devs to hone in on a good balance, all it BoT, or Balance-over-Time. :P
    If you read the thread they want solutions that increase the cannon aspect without messing up the glass aspect of rogues ....you're asking for the glass and the cannon to be buffed and that's not right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    If you read the thread they want solutions that increase the cannon aspect without messing up the glass aspect of rogues ....you're asking for the glass and the cannon to be buffed and that's not right
    To convince me (and those reading this thread) you'll have to offer an actual explanation as to why a 1% damage/armor buff is "not right." 1% is, ya know, kinda modest.

It appears that Rogues are too much glass an not enough cannon. I think small increments are the best solution precisely because they are non-threatening and not extreme.
    Last edited by Niixed; 07-23-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    To convince me (and those reading this thread) you'll have to offer an actual explanation as to why a 1% damage/armor buff is "not right."
    Adding armor would take away from the glass aspect of glass cannon....by getting rid of the glass aspect we go right back to rogues surviving everything in pvp and destroying all the other classes just like they did for three years...the reason they die so quick is because they are GLASS cannons
    Glass is meant to be broken easily if you aren't careful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Do you know that glass is broken easily?
    well the problem is there its just glass where is the cannon? you are completely fine with 2 mages taking 2 rogues even if its suppose to be counterpick of that class
    mages arent the most squishy, rogue is we have same armor without any shield or heal like that

again deflecting everything, against anything you are doing too much aoe when cluster together thats one of the aspects of this imbalance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Adding armor would take away from the glass aspect of glass cannon....by getting rid of the glass aspect we go right back to rogues surviving everything in pvp and destroying all the other classes just like they did for three years...the reason they die so quick is because they are GLASS cannons
    Right, because 1% more cannon and 1% less glass is going to totally break everything, and it's time to panic because Rogues are gonna instantly become total monsters watch out.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    well the problem is there its just glass where is the cannon? you are completely fine with 2 mages taking 2 rogues even if its suppose to be counterpick of that class
    mages arent the most squishy, rogue is we have same armor without any shield or heal like that

again deflecting everything, against anything you are doing too much aoe when cluster together thats one of the aspects of this imbalance
    As I've stated about fifty times to you guys and gals that can't seem to read I'm all for a damage buff and class restriction but you guys want damage tons of armor and both other classes nerfed and call that balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yet when we are asking for the cannon part to be buffed, people have an issue with it. So, make up your mind. The argument is that this is not a buff, but a nerf for reasons Niixed described. Before you say anything, Niixed is a sorcerer. Only, he doesn't feel the need to destroy classes and knows there is an issue with rogues.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Yet when we are asking for the cannon part to be buffed, people have an issue with it. So, make up your mind. The argument is that this is not a buff, but a nerf for reasons Niixed described. Before you say anything, Niixed is a sorcerer. Only, he doesn't feel the need to destroy classes and knows there is an issue with rogues.
    I'm also asking for the cannon part to be buffed but not the glass and this is what you don't seem to understand ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I'm also asking for the cannon part to be buffed but not the glass and this is what you don't seem to understand ....
    you dont even know what you are asking, so inconsistent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

And how many times have I stated that I too would prefer the cannon part to be buffed? The only reason I stated the glass part to be less glass is because people do not understand the concept of a glass cannon. If you're going to hit hard, then you're going to die easily. If you're going to hit moderately and be able to have the damage healed or shielded away, then you need to add some survivability into the mix.

That's all I've been saying, please look at my posts. I'm not asking for anything more or anything ridiculous. I've simply suggested other options IF people cannot handle the concept of a glass cannon. That does not mean I like those other options.

That is why, this noxious bolt upgrade is going to do nothing to help rogues. This is also why I'm stating to developers all this is going to be doing is adding more glass to the glass cannon part of a rogue's role.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    you dont even know what you are asking, so inconsistent
    Explain to me how I'm inconsistent?
    I've been asking for a damage buff and class restriction for two days now..you're a rude sarcastic troll with no real argument ....you immediately turned to name calling ...so please take your rude comments elsewhere child adults are speaking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

The current stats we're using cannot handle the cannon part of rogues, they're already taking 50% of tanks hp in 1 hit and 1 hitting/comboing both mages and rogues. So why increase the "cannon" when the problem is clear the "glass" part of the class? Do you want them 1 shotting tanks without jugg/nekro? If that happens then the game is truly broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

And how many times have I stated that I too would prefer the cannon part to be buffed? The only reason I stated the glass part to be less glass is because people do not understand the concept of a glass cannon. If you're going to hit hard, then you're going to die easily. If you're going to hit moderately and be able to have the damage healed or shielded away, then you need to add some survivability into the mix.

That's all I've been saying, please look at my posts. I'm not asking for anything more or anything ridiculous. I've simply suggested other options IF people cannot handle the concept of a glass cannon. That does not mean I like those other options.

That is why, this noxious bolt upgrade is going to do nothing to help rogues. This is also why I'm stating to developers all this is going to be doing is adding more glass to the glass cannon part of a rogue's role.
    It's these other rogues that are asking for these nonsense buffs and Nerf's then, I'm behind you 100% if it's a damage buff and class restriction you really want ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Explain to me how I'm inconsistent?
    I've been asking for a damage buff and class restriction for two days now..you're a rude sarcastic troll with no real argument ....you immediately turned to name calling ...so please take your rude comments elsewhere child adults are speaking
    if thats the case you were supoorting mages should take rogues and rogues suppose to die on this because we were suppose to be "glass"

i dont think it is asking for damage buff you wanna kill rogues with mages on 2+ group vs senario

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    The current stats we're using cannot handle the cannon part of rogues, they're already taking 50% of tanks hp in 1 hit and 1 hitting/comboing both mages and rogues. So why increase the "cannon" when the problem is clear the "glass" part of the class? Do you want them 1 shotting tanks without jugg/nekro? If that happens then the game is truly broken.

That's the job of a rogue man to be able to kill fast but also be killed just as fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

That's the job of a rogue man to be able to kill fast but also be killed just as fast
    So them 1 shotting the "tanks" within the game is acceptable? Though they were meant to withstand huge amounts of damage. Their damage is fine, improved survivability is the answer IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

So them 1 shotting the "tanks" within the game is acceptable? Though they were meant to withstand huge amounts of damage. Their damage is fine, improved survivability is the answer IMO.

I've. Posted this before, the thread is asking for ways to improve the cannon aspect of rogues without killing the glass aspect

We believe Rogues should take on the role of a "Glass Cannon". They should deal high amounts of damage, mostly focused on a single target, while being squishy if not careful. We want to continue improving this Cannon aspect of Rogues, without removing the Glass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

this is simply not true in any case. 1 hit %50 tank healt who are you fighting naked tank?
    there is almost no window of taking down a tank with rogue, timed heals, juggers, pools etc when class stack occurs or mage and warr gets combined. Are we even playing same game man?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I've. Posted this before, the thread is asking for ways to improve the cannon aspect of rogues without killing the glass aspect

We believe Rogues should take on the role of a "Glass Cannon". They should deal high amounts of damage, mostly focused on a single target, while being squishy if not careful. We want to continue improving this Cannon aspect of Rogues, without removing the Glass
    There needs to be a limit to the certain amount of damage a class can deal, even the "Glass Cannons" need to have a cap on their damage output. The problem is they don't survive within a clash, how is increasing damage going to help them survive? They'll still die to 3 mages whilst unshielded.