Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What is the right balance for loot?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default What is the right balance for loot?

Hello guys, i wonder ..i am playing this event
    Since it started, i have killed more than 300 jarls and all i looted is many common,rare,epic and legendary items that cost from 400 gold to 8k! Is it just my luck or the loot chance for deeds its too low? You guys will remove upkeep for ever but you dont give us a house!!! LOL let me know guys thanks =S
    Last edited by Justg; 07-25-2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: less drama

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tvtheb For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tvtheb View Post
    Hello guys, i wonder ..i am playing this event
    Since it started, i have killed more than 300 jarls and all i looted is many common,rare,epic and legendary items that cost from 400 gold to 8k! Is it just my luck or the loot chance for deeds its too low? You guys will remove upkeep for ever but you dont give us a house!!! LOL let me know guys thanks =S
    Great question... what IS the right balance for loot?

The point of the event was not to give everyone a house, the point was to have a fun mini event to run before we remove Housing Upkeep. Along the way we would drop a few house deeds (100+), some plat-oriented housing perks (inventory and furnishing slots), and some new and unique "bling" for people to decorate with.

We hear two things:

This event drops too much, and this event does not drop enough loot, which to us means it is about right.

If loot drops too frequently, it is not worth anything. If loot drops too infrequently, people don't want to farm it because it is too much "work".

But we also need some loot to always drop (thus the common).

So, in your opinion, what is the right balance?
    Last edited by Justg; 07-25-2016 at 05:00 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Great question... what IS the right balance for loot?

The point of the event was not to give everyone a house, the point was to have a fun mini event to run before we remove Housing Upkeep. Along the way we would drop a few house deeds (100+), some plat-oriented housing perks (inventory and furnishing slots), and some new and unique "bling" for people to decorate with.

We hear two things:

This event drops too much, and this event does not drop enough loot, which to us means it is about right.

If loot drops too frequently, it is not worth anything. If loot drops too infrequently, people don't want to farm it because it is too much "work".

But we also need some loot to always drop (thus the common).

So, in your opinion, what is the right balance?
    If it dropped infrequently i think not many ppl would even try to run this.. fruequently low loot is ok but would need a bit better chance on better loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I personally think the loot rate is more then fair as far as this event is concerned. my opinion is a bit biased because I looted some things but sometimes we get lucky sometimes we don't. At least you don't have to spend a nickel running this... .so its a win- win in my book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I think the luck is like a CLOCK, I look always the system message in specific hours of the day lol. Maybe the house deed that you want to loot have a hight chance between (07:00am - 8:30am), (2:30pm - 4:00pm), (7:00pm - 8:30pm), (3:30am - 5:00am) @.@ Idk hehehe ........ If I knew when is my hight chance of drop something good that will be cool but maybe dangerous for everyone, game and economy :P

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default my opinion justg

Well justg, i have heard a guy looted tavern on first run and i looted nothing in 300 runs so i dont know if that is fair, also i know that im not going to loot anything so my interest for that event is gone =( .Also you could give us a motivation by counting the boss kills or even have a leaderboard with a small price at the end.All we need is a motivation to keep running this event even if we dont get nothing good for hundreds of runs! Thx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tvtheb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Well justg, i have heard a guy looted tavern on first run and i looted nothing in 300 runs so i dont know if that is fair, also i know that im not going to loot anything so my interest for that event is gone =( .Also you could give us a motivation by counting the boss kills or even have a leaderboard with a small price at the end.All we need is a motivation to keep running this event even if we dont get nothing good for hundreds of runs! Thx
    My motivation is the cottage plate I love it! ok no hehehe I joke

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Fair? Nothing in this world is fair lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

i didn't loot something with great value but i think the chance of looting a million worth deed is enough motivation considering this event is unli access and energy free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Imho, the droprate of this event is good for me. Maintains the price of some of the more expensive items from Jarl. I've yet to loot a Deed but the rest of the items, I'm happy to have em as I got em for free instead of spending more gold/plats just to have em for my house

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

in my opinion, anything that has drop rate lesser than 1% is bs, except it's for an all powerful item that will be powerful enough to last for years.

but yes, you have all the participation data and drop rate data, so you should be able to decide better by looking at the it. but then again, the goal reduction proved that you fail to achieve participation rate you were aiming before, and i can only blame it on the droprate. for me, it seems like you are on a denial when telling us the event has the right drop rate.

also, in my opinion an event should be used to shorten the gap between new and old players, so then whenever you release new items/content, all player base will be focusing on the new content and new items, but if it's like this, some players will always ended up chasing old contents and old items, which will mostly make them frustrated and leave the game.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I'm happy for the smelly helms. I didn't loot anything worth mentioning, but got a few awesome deco chests xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I think drop rate was kinda low but then again if it was high why would anyone spend plats on buying houses, I guess at the end of the day STS are making decent money as each taverns worth like £45. From the perspective of a player I think drop rates are too low, from a merchants perspective I would say drop rates just right and from STS's perspective drop rates too high because according to what Gary said 100+ perps gonna be getting free taverns. Roughly £4,500 worth of houses. So I guess thx STS for giving away £4,500 worth of housing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I don't really care about the house but,

Justg, what is the percentage to loot Super Smelly Helm for Warrior? 😭

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

drop rate for better item is low. real low. It horrible to keep rerolling to Empty Mug, reroll to Tavern Mug, Reroll to all the junks.

But then again, being a free event, I still enjoyed it even with loots like slots and a few decor pieces in so many hundred runs. Just the reroll should work better :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Releasing house buff is like new powerful gem (paracelsus+enchanted eye combination) that not require gem/jewel slot. Once again this will make a big enough gap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Just check the total jarl kills and give a token for each kill and put a Traven for 800-1000kills (too much but player will get motivated that their hard work will pay for sure...
    Its just example ...valuate efforts n token required ..
    Way to get...Let it let..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    I think drop rate was kinda low but then again if it was high why would anyone spend plats on buying houses, I guess at the end of the day STS are making decent money as each taverns worth like £45. From the perspective of a player I think drop rates are too low, from a merchants perspective I would say drop rates just right and from STS's perspective drop rates too high because according to what Gary said 100+ perps gonna be getting free taverns. Roughly £4,500 worth of houses. So I guess thx STS for giving away £4,500 worth of housing!
    lel 100+ ? dont make me laugh haha can Gary explain wat da meanin of "100+" , im really not get it lol
    Last edited by galileogalilei; 07-26-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

How do you even decide which 100 people will get house? Hm hm

Luck system here is very strange and suspicious.

1 example if i didnt ever ever looted fosil after more then 4-5k arena runs for sure its bye bye looting house for me. Never was in that lucky small group hehe

Ah well free upkeep is best,only hope is that taverns price dont go over 4-5 mills so i can buy it one day.
    Gl guys
    Last edited by saphirae; 07-26-2016 at 05:12 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to saphirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

If we had to kill Jarl 100,000 times for the bar to fill and Justg wants only 100 houses looted, that means you have to do 1,000 kills and say you're unlucky.

I think the number was higher than 100,000 though. @.@