Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
A few suggestions:

1) I like the "war" idea as well. So perhaps the time options should be 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours. The guild who makes the challenge can choose the time and then the other guild has the option to accept, or they could make a counter offer. Guild X could challenge guild Y to a 24 hour battle, but guild Y could decide that is too long and make a counter challenge back to guild X for a 1 hour battle.

2) I think 5v5 is what it should be, then if the first room fills up then a second room opens. Otherwise you are going to end up with lopsided fights too often. If guild X has 10 players waiting in the battle, and guild Y only has 5 players online, then there is no way for this fight to proceed as guild Y would be slaughtered. Keep in mind there are many smaller guilds out there that would be hard pressed to ever have 10 members online at the same time. So they would then be excluded from this battleground process if the only option is 10v10.

Another option is to not allow new players from one side to enter until there are an equal number of players from the other side present. For example, Guild X cannot have a 4th player enter until Guild Y has 3 players already in the battle. Then you can never be outnumbered by more than 1. Then a 10v10 battle would be fine.

3) I think officers should be able to accept a challenge. Sometimes the guild leader may not be online, or may be on vacation, etc. Officers have the responsibility of being able to kick guild members, so I think they should be trusted to accept a guild challenge.

4) This is just my opinion, but how about a 5v5 CTF guild battle with no time limit where the winning team is the one who scores 5 flags first? I think that would be tons of fun, and would actually give people a reason to finally play CTF as it was intended!
This + I prefer the war option with a 24 hours period.