Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guide to Auto-levelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Rauen- can you add how many total skill points are allocated to each skill at the very end of each class?
    Sure! I'll add spreadsheets for the skills so it'll be a little easier to read.

ETA: Might not be done until later tonight. Google Docs and I seem to be having a disagreement. Grrrrr....

ETA: The spreadsheet for Commando skills is done to level 20 here. Hopefully, it makes sense. The "L" indicates what level the skill becomes available (Learned) and the number following (1 or 0) is whether or not it got a point when it was learned. If I can make it any easier to read, let me know and I'll fix it up. If it's okay, I'll follow the same rules when I do Op and Engi later tonight.

ETA: Engineer skills to level 20 are now up here. There will be a bit of a delay for Op since I'm rerunning one now that auto-level's been fixed for it. I'll put up what I have which is....up thru level 9 and try to put a few more miles on poor little Arrrghtwo.

ETA: What there is available for Operative at the moment is now viewable here.

ETA: Sorry, Phys....been a long day. Did you want a running total after, say, every 5 levels here? Or just a "to date" total following whatever level I'm up to on whomever on here? Or will the spreadsheets work? More coffee!
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 09-18-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

The all new, auto-level-bug-free Op has been run up to 20. I should be able to start leveling Commando and Engineer again and get some more numbers up.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Findings so far....

Nothing horribly exciting except:

1. Stat points seem to be consistently distributed 4-1-0: 4 points to the main stat for the char (STR for Commandos, etc.), 1 point to the secondary stat (DEX, again for Commandos) and 0 points to the "unnecessary" stat (INT in the case of Commandos). Very much contrary to many people who go straight DEX, for example. Also totally different from PL where bears were putting a fair portion of points into DEX to increase their Hit%.
    2. Skill points seem to be distributed as follows: the first 4 skills learned each get a point as they are learned. When the 5th skill is learned, the 1st skill learned gets a second point. With the 6th skill learned, skill #2 gets its 2nd point and so on. By the time a char hits level 24, they've learned 10 skills total, but only the first 4 have any points in them (#1 thru 3 have 6 points each and #4 has 5). I'm assuming the next time a skill is learned, the 4th skill will top out at 6 and when the skill after that is learned, skill #5 will finally get its 1st point. It appears to be a simple progression rather than a demonstration of which skills the Devs think are most important to have (unless Wither, Force Hammer and Mind Wrack are more nifty-keen than we all thought (Mind Wrack is a decent skill, admittedly) since they all top out first).

What I'm really waiting to see is how things like Hit%, Crit and Dodge compare with my more-or-less pure chars when they get to be the same level. As it's looking now, there won't be much difference at all (comparing my 25 mostly pure INT Engie, with my level 22 auto Engie) and that's what's surprising me the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Sorry, Single, I phrased that badly. I shouldn't have called it armor--it's the bodysuit you start with plus a level one "Surplus" weapon appropriate to your char.
    Went through the new tutorial a couple of times last night with a new operative, and you do indeed get a basic suit of armor now in addition to the bodysuit. You get the armor whether or not you abandon the tutorial, so look in your inventory and put it on as soon as the tutorial is over.

Weapon is indeed gone from the tutorial, so you now start with one, and there is no more opportunity to get an extra starting weapon.

I still recommend abandoning before the fight to be safe if you don't want to auto-level. If you finish the fight, you will be level two and have a skill and stat point auto-assigned.
    Last edited by Singleteddy; 09-26-2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

You're absolutely right. And you don't have to go very far into the tutorial and surprise! You just leveled up. Skill allocation is still puzzling me. It seemed like a simple progression, but my Commando, after filling up the first four skills with 6 points apiece, jumped to the sixth skill learned for placement of the next skill point. The fifth skill learned remains at zero. Still, confusion is my normal state so it's all good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

You're absolutely right. And you don't have to go very far into the tutorial and surprise! You just leveled up. Skill allocation is still puzzling me. It seemed like a simple progression, but my Commando, after filling up the first four skills with 6 points apiece, jumped to the sixth skill learned for placement of the next skill point. The fifth skill learned remains at zero. Still, confusion is my normal state so it's all good.
    Now that is pretty interesting/odd why the jump? Hmm... a player was asking for help 'how to assign points or even obtain them' )loads ignored and trolled them) in blackstar and this little adventure we took/Google* helped alot hehe

His mando was 19 and only the skills that points were going into was 1st four skills available. Explained and how to take of auto he was internally grateful

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

**Late with a response** I bet he was exceedingly grateful! How frustrating to wonder why you can't allocate skill points.

Commando is now at 28. Skills went in a nice normal progression of 1 thru 4 and then allocation went back to skill 1, then skill 2 and so on until all the first four skills were at 6 points. The 25th skill point jumped over Graviton Slam and landed in Increase Mass. The next two points also gave poor GS a miss landing in Kinetic Reservoir first and then Gravity well. So, as it stands

Force Hammer 6
    Neutron Stomp 6
    Vigor 6
    Singularity 6
    Graviton Slam 0
    Increase Mass 1
    Kinetic Reservoir 1
    Gravity Well 1
    Nebula 0
    Growing Rage 0
    Back Breaker 0

This is how the skill set currently looks. :/ I'm curious to see if both the Engi and the Op will follow this pattern or if they will continue on the simple progression route. *continues to look utterly clueless and therefore normal*

Links:
    All Classes Comparison
    Commando Skills
    Engineer Skills
    Operative Skills
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-08-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow this is great stuff!
    Btw I'm assuming you made new accounts so wanna add me
    Star Legends: Drues (Operative) - Yahbuddy (Commando)
    Pocket Legends: Dreusadadan (Archer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drues View Post
    Wow this is great stuff!
    Btw I'm assuming you made new accounts so wanna add me
    Lol! Not new; I've had them for a while and will do. Commando--NuclearOption, Operative Arrrrghtwo (Arrrrgh suffered badly due to Op auto-level glitch) and ArrrrghEngie (Okay, yes, I ran out of decent name ideas.).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Why can't I pm you lol!?
    And sorry for throwing this forum off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

N.p. I do enough derailing elsewhere. And I don't know on the PM's....I checked and my inbox isn't full, so I don't know why it isn't working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pm again something random!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Huh. Still leveling with Comm. at 29 and Op and Engie at 28. Commando is the only one that didn't do a simple skill progression and skipped right over Graviton Slam. GS continues to be the wallflower skill with 0 points. Is it an oops or part of a greater plan? Hmmm...... *ponders*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

According to Flip, the Commando auto-leveling is working as it should. So, for whatever reason, Graviton Slam was skipped over on purpose.

This is working as designed.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

So, for whatever reason, Graviton Slam was skipped over on purpose.
    The autolevel builds are designed to be "generalist" builds. At this stage in the Commando autoleveling progression you already have a few skills that move enemies around. This is not to say that Graviton Slam is a bad skill (I love it!). This build gives autoleveling players a nice taste of the various Commando abilities. If they decide they want to specialize in knockdowns/knockbacks then GS is ready and waiting.
    QA Ninja!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Aha! Makes sense now. Thanks, Flip!