Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion on slotting eggs on grimm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Suggestion on slotting eggs on grimm

just wanna hear some suggestion on what egg to slot on grimm to improve its usability (pls state why you would slot the specific eggs). i feel tht grimm has potential of being more useful due to its passive ability. thanks in advance =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

In arcane ability nekro would be cool. Why ? Nekro arcane ability is universal and useful in pvp as well in pvp.
    As for happiness bonus : any arcane pet will do good here. Depends on your budget and class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Happiness Bonus - Munch Mouth (armor bonus)

Arcane Ability - Nekro (40% dmg reduction + speed + panic/banish)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

re:resurrected
    agree tht nekro aa is most useful in many situations hands down. but grim is meelee type, so i have heard tht range type AA dont reali work well with range type AA. hmmm..
    am a lv56 warrior btw =)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IronWolfert For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

re:dinzly

munch mouth is interesting, as it would definitely help me out while tabking elite maps.
    any other suggestions r welcomed =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

in opposite, ranged pet have a tendency to stay behind way too much, making it harder to buff all party member, and in boss fight, party member can spread their position without getting afraid to be out of range of the buff, because melee pet stand close to boss, idk about pvp situation though.

also, as far as i know, the amount of damage that can be absorbed by nekro aa depends on the pet's 'damage' stat, so having a mythic pet that has same damage stat with legendary pet might make your shield easier to break,
    nekro shield, unlike juggernaut and razor, can stop prematurely after receiving certain amount of damage.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronWolfert View Post
    agree tht nekro aa is most useful in many situations hands down. but grim is meelee type, so i have heard tht range type AA dont reali work well with range type AA. hmmm..
    am a lv56 warrior btw =)
    Just an advice:
    You should research and check up the different aa/hb and decide for yourself, and if you have any problem choosing between 2 or 3 pets, ask on forum..
    it's easier for people to help you if you are asking and comparing between just a few pets...
    It is normal for you to get such a general answer when your question is so general because indeed the easiest way to go is mm as hb and nekro as aa because thats the most versatile option
    However variations comes when you are facing different situations like against war/rogue u might want to use korr to drain their mana etc...
    Also your argument would have contradicted the "most popular" set up because i believe sam is also melee and that many warriors will recommend you to use sam as base pet, nek aa and mm hb (in general situations) so please put in a little more thought from your side before you ask for help or it would seem like you just want to be spoon fed..
    (No offense intended, but from my experience doing your own testing is the best way to find the answer, ask only when you are in a dilemma)

Now pertaining your question,
    You are asking what would improve grimm's usability,
    if you are talking about maximising grim's function as a base pet,
    you must first look at grim's passive ability which is the debuff
    One of the most significant debuff is on the armour so you would want to take advantage of that
    This trait makes your gameplay very offensive as you will be able to do more damage now
    So what you might consider is aa/hb that can boost your damage output up either by buffing yourself or further debuffing your enemy
    This will probably make you a faster killer than you were before but it is just a theoretical concept..
    Some people might want to play safe and use defensive pets to balance up the gameplay its entirely up to u
    (I will not give you any examples of those pet, it is your job to look through the stable and decide for yourself)
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

re: extrapayah
    O.o didnt know abt nek shield depends on the pets dmg, thts something new to me. thanks for tellin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronWolfert View Post
    am a lv56 warrior btw =)
    Nekro AA work in same way in grimm as original one. Check zeus videos where he is using nekro AA in his grimm. If you warrior then singe gonna be also very good for happiness bonus. If your budget is big then put Munch mouth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I wouldn't slot it with an arcane pet ex. like nekro seems like a waste of gold! Grim is cool but I wouldn't expect much use of him in combat from his basic attack stats/debuffs. I find most melee type pet to be non effective in pve and pvp. I would jus use him for casual play pair him up with something like breeze or jack or gloom or maybe Boris. Much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

reotato is me
    first of all thank your for your input. if my post offend u in any way my apologies, but wat my intention was to see what other ppl thoughts or (eggs used) on grimm. i am just interested in hearing different opinion just like wat others forumers have suggested, may b I phrased or tittled my post wrongly thus u think i wanna b spoon fed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

re: resurrected
    definitely will go and check zeus video out. appreciate it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

re: yongdude
    i see where you are comin from. and very true i have been using him for casual runs only on easier maps, since i alrd have nekro, toor etc as rotating pets. was just running thru my stable the other day and saw grimm in there, he was one of my first mythic pet, so was just wondering if anyone out there actually uses him since pet augmentation came out, wanna see how other people pair him up. i feel its interesting to hear frm different people, u nvr know what u might learn.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Nekro in aa regardless of class.
    For happiness, if mage use sns, if tank or rogue use mm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

singe > mm
    11char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'll give you a much much cheaper solution for slotting eggs. Hammerjaw was my first arcane pet, but he has since become not very useful due to his lousy happiness bonus and AA (many legendary pets now have better happiness bonus or AA than Hammerjaw). However, Hammerjaw still has higher damage than a legendary pet because he is arcane. So I spent 200k and slotted a Fantasma egg for his happiness bonus and a Ribbit egg for his AA. Now he has become very useful.

Another good example is my Arcane Deary. Arcane Deary has a nice happiness bonus, but his AA is terrible. So I slotted a George egg for his AA. I think most will agree that George has the best stun of any pet in this game. It's a 100% stun and even works on bosses. So my Arcane Deary is now the perfect pet for bosses in PvE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

re: energizeric
    aye, very good example given. most of the old arc/myth pet face the same problem as newer pets r introduce in game their stats bcome not tht useful. since now egg event is on hopefully i can get some decent eggs and test out on grimm see which one fits in. thanks for your input bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

update: looted george and nilbog today, testing out on grimm using george AA and nilbog HB. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Same...here i'm still using Hammerjaw (even as an old pet hammerjaw have very good ability to stun/snare/bleed/debuff) curently use fantasma HB and slink AA (planing to change with slag AA).

For Grim maybe use slag/breeze AA and nightshade/fantasma HB it would be good combination.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

update: since its egg event, i actually looted george and nilbog. slotted george for AA and nilbog for HB atm testing out. dova/nightshade/fantasma HB seem slightly better thou. will keep a look out.