Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Possible to get luck icon when Awakened weapon is equipped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Possible to get luck icon when Awakened weapon is equipped?

If you awaken a weapon and get the luck enhancement I notice that the luck icon does not show like it would if you, say, equipped the leprechaun pendant.

Is it possible to have the icon show when you equip an Awakened weapon with the luck enhancement?

It's not a big deal but I would love to see even more luck icons when running maps, just makes me happier, lol.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    If you awaken a weapon and get the luck enhancement I notice that the luck icon does not show like it would if you, say, equipped the leprechaun pendant.

Is it possible to have the icon show when you equip an Awakened weapon with the luck enhancement?

It's not a big deal but I would love to see even more luck icons when running maps, just makes me happier, lol.
    If I understand his post, the answer is no. Item enhancements do not reflect any HUD related icons when equipped
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    If I understand his post, the answer is no. Item enhancements do not reflect any HUD related icons when equipped
    why not ? it makes him happier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Darn, oh well, had to ask just in case it was overlooked. Thanks Cara for response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I think Cara misunderstood Kragles question as asking if there WAS an icon that would show up,
    when the question was;
    can we have a luck icon added because there isn't one.

Correct me if wrong doe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I don't think Cara misunderstood, but yeah I was asking if they could make the luck icon show up on the HUD when you equip it like it does when you equip the leprechaun amulet or activate Hishi's Arcane ability.

It also makes you wonder if it is actually working/active when it doesn't show up on the HUD.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Currently Item Enhancements don't have any visual effects associated with them (we include icons as visual effects when setting up items). The reason for this is that 4 players with Arcane items who all have 4 Enhancements on each would result in 16 different effects being displayed! Even on yourself with icons only, you'll have 4 different icons that never go away. After adding the Environment Buffs, we felt that having effect icons that never go away takes away from their readability, as these icons are meant to show you you're poisoned, stunned, etc. It's harder to react to these status effects if they don't appear on your buff bar because you have 4 Luck icons in the way that are never removed!

We have double checked though, and the effects of the enhancements are being applied, including the luck
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

It does work even if you can't see any icon. When the lv 16 arc chest came out I was running with no luck other than my city buff and I got random rerolls.
    Even if it's not an elixir you will see the message " your elixir let you reroll".

Edit - dev ninjad lel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Yeah, those little HUD status icons start to pile up fast as you get buffs, elixers, poisoned and so on, so I understand why your hesitant to add more. Thanks for the clarification guys!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Currently Item Enhancements don't have any visual effects associated with them (we include icons as visual effects when setting up items). The reason for this is that 4 players with Arcane items who all have 4 Enhancements on each would result in 16 different effects being displayed! Even on yourself with icons only, you'll have 4 different icons that never go away. After adding the Environment Buffs, we felt that having effect icons that never go away takes away from their readability, as these icons are meant to show you you're poisoned, stunned, etc. It's harder to react to these status effects if they don't appear on your buff bar because you have 4 Luck icons in the way that are never removed!

We have double checked though, and the effects of the enhancements are being applied, including the luck
    Is there any way to remove the housing buffs showing on your character too? Like you said, it makes it very difficult to tell now when I'm debuffed by which debuff.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post

yeah so much icons that im actually missing some that I really need to see such as the Horn of Renew (icon pvp-wise)
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Is there any way to remove the housing buffs showing on your character too? Like you said, it makes it very difficult to tell now when I'm debuffed by which debuff.
    Since everyone is bringing this up, one way to universally solve this problem is to remove all the non-necessary status/buff icons that are more of a passive stat (luck/damage/XP) and add them to a box found under our KDR screen in the character stats section. This way we can anytime go and see a very detailed area that tells us all of the currently active buff/elixers we have without cluttering up the HUD when running a map.
    How cool would it be to see in our stats screen exactly what all of our current buffs and luck stats are in more detail. We really don't need to see a permanent luck icon or an XP or damage icon on the HUD when running maps or PvPing. We only need to see the icons for temporary effects of luck (Hishi's and Egg ring proc), damage or other timed elixers, poison effects, and so on.

Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i think the status icon should return to old design, where there is only one icon to show for similar stacked effect/buff/debuff, and some modification to show how much/many is stacked.

and add detail on every buff/debuff and stacked value on the current detailed elixir screen
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!